Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence (3806 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by OneNaira6: 11:29am On Mar 20, 2013
asha 80: keep deceiving yourself while the economy of the north esp north east keep nosediving.

He's actually Yoruba by the way. Not North. Read his past post, he's one of the pretenders on this forum.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by nku5: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2013
vizboy: I still dont understand why every thead in the political section has to turn to an e tribal war

@op
you are free to go where ever you feel safe. If they say cameroun is safer for them they are free to stay there

Some yoruba freaks take pleasure in the misfortune of others like the in-bred village champs they are.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by kettykin: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2013
Our Yansh:

"hot compitition"??

Bwahahahahaha!!!

They're avoiding the South-East because it's highly unsafe. They don't want to become like the chap below..

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/kidnapped-ex-lawmaker-killed-in-imo-after-family-pays-n5m-ransom/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

you forgot to warn them what they would meet if they come to Yourba land

Suspected human parts seller arrested in Abeokuta
on MARCH 20, 2013 · in NEWS
12:06 am
BY DAUD OLATUNJI
ABEOKUTA—MEMBERS of the Oodua Peoples Congress, in Abeokuta, said they have arrested a suspected human parts seller, Yemi Odun, with some fresh human parts in Aro community, opposite Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta.

Odun, 24, was said to have been nabbed following a tip off by residents of the area who were said to be suspicious of his movement.

The suspected human parts seller, Yemi Odun with some fresh human parts at Aro community, opposite Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta.
Speaking with Vanguard, the State Treasurer of OPC , Wahab Moruf, said nemesis caught up with the suspect, when the officials of the body stormed the hideout located within the community in an abandoned building where he allegedly carried out the operation in conjunction with some of his gang members who were said to be at large.

According to him, the suspect attempted to run away when we wanted to arrest him, but luck ran against him, and further search revealed a number of human bones and parts.

“The suspect and other members of the gang usually disguised as lunatics while committing the crime.

“That is the reason why the gang decided to have their hideout in the abandoned building which is adjacent to the Neuro-PsychiatricHospital

When Vanguard visited the Ogbe unit office of the OPC in Abeokuta, the suspect was found with exhibits comprising fresh and dried human bones.

The suspect on interrogation, said he was a bus conductor and only sleeps in the abandoned building.

However, as at the time of this report, authority of Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, said the security agents had been contacted for onward transfer of the suspect.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/suspected-human-parts-seller-arrested-in-abeokuta/

[img]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/suspected-human-parts-seller-arrested-in-abeokuta/human-parts1/[/img]
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by nku5: 11:40am On Mar 20, 2013
c.fours:
I'm glad they are not fleeing to Lagos. we are overcrowded as it is.
but for real though, what is so wrong with the SE region that they don't want to move back there?

The ones who do decide to come to lagos will in a short while establish a business, prosper, buy property and you will run and pray for war so u can claim their property and become a landlord like them

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by vanstanzy(m): 11:53am On Mar 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^It seems Yorubas on this thread are getting all worked up that someone said (without any concrete proof or studies carried out) that Igbos are fleeing to Cameroon 'for safety', and they're not happy about this. You do have to wonder though why they're so concerned about where Igbos do or don't go, as if we have to clear from them first before relocating anywhere.

I tire o! E no get wetin Igbos go do wey majority of Yorubas no go complain. U should have read what they were

writing of Rochas being picked as the vice presidential candidate of APC. Am beginning to think if they (Yorubas)

had the power, they would exterminate everyother tribe from the face of the earth. But i have got great news for them,

they can't exterminate any tribe cos God in His Wisdom didn't give anyone that power. cheesy cheesy cheesy No hard

feeling intended! wink wink

1 Like

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by kettykin: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2013
vanstanzy:

I tire o! E no get wetin Igbos go do wey majority of Yorubas no go complain. U should have read what they were

writing of Rochas being picked as the vice presidential candidate of APC. Am beginning to think if they (Yorubas)

had the power, they would exterminate everyother tribe from the face of the earth. But i have got great news for them,

they can't exterminate any tribe cos God in His Wisdom didn't give anyone that power. cheesy cheesy cheesy No hard

feeling intended! wink wink

Thank you for this observation
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by Napoleondegreat: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
achi4u: Nothing is wrong with the SE except "hot compitition" unlike other parts of the country where alot people are still very timid and primitive.

That is just the truth though unfortunate
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by Gamji007: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
One_Naira:

He's actually Yoruba by the way. Not North. Read his past post, he's one of the pretenders on this forum.
Does it matter where one comes? Well I'm proudly Hausa with a Yoruba mother smiley, and I fucck an Igbo lady cool, so,I understand most Nigerians.

Proudly Nigerian.wink
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by lotannam: 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
c.fours:
^ yea I actually understand that. igbos like to do petty trade esp among strangers.
heck anybody who wants to go into business will realize that it is more profitable to sell to strangers than to sell to family members.

but you must realize that it comes with consequences living permanently in a foreign area like that. and be ready to accept those consequences rather than always trying to paint others as villians or monsters and yourselves as innocent victims.
because in reality it all boils down to greed and its consequences.

since when did striving to make a legitimate living become greed?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by 7lives: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
Adejoro74:
Like your folks trouping from SW, with all its milk and honey, to London to beg for social safety net and deprive citizens of their dues. What does Lagos govt offer those Igbos? Nothing. Instead they take from them and close their bizs at will. Also I guess yorubas do not live in the North and East and SS. You are an ugly baboon, like Obj/Tinubu/Fasola.

@ Bolded is the main reason why Igbos should seat down and think of how to move their home forward.
Why Igbos don't want to go home is a bit strange and its self destructive.
The jews also face similar situation in Europe and look at the state of Israel today. There is a similarity between my own people and igbos especially in the areas of commerce, in those days, the Ogbomoso people loved to move around a lot, especially along the west costs of Africa for business, all of a sudden Koffi Bushia overthrown Kwame Nkrumah and my people where chased out of Ghana, my family a very rich one became a shadow of its former self when they got back to Ogbomoso, this happened to so many families in Ogbomoso at that period, many people died because it is unacceptable to them, however that mass return was the reason why Ogbomoso is a town and not a village today. Good luck to the Igbos.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by Iykopee(m): 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
politics section of nairaland is gradually becoming a place where many psychiatric returnees expresses their angst just like the OP. Simple observation,The igbo man is truly a threat to many oda tribes..
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by vanstanzy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
Iykopee: politics section of nairaland is gradually becoming a place where many psychiatric returnees expresses their angst just like the OP. Simple observation,The igbo man is truly a threat to many oda tribes..

Now i get it!!! grin grin grin grin grin The yorubas, most especially, view the Igbo tribe as a treat. Well,

"Niggerz fear what they can't understand and hate what they can't conquer."
This is totally true when it comes to

the Igbos being misunderstood. NA LIE? cool cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by vanstanzy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
lotannam:

Ask the SU*CKER for me o, abeg!
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by MeAboki(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
Gamji007:
Does it matter where one comes? Well I'm proudly Hausa with a Yoruba mother smiley, and I fucck an Igbo lady cool, so,I understand most Nigerians.

Proudly Nigerian.wink
Oboy, this your own sef e get as e be O.
Ok I get it; you are a Hausa/Yoruba man who is taking great pleasure in fuccking the Ibo and being very proud about it lipsrsealed grin
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by Yeske2(m): 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
One_Naira:

He didn't ask for a link. He asked for you to point out where in the article did the Nigerian men in Cameroon claim Igbo.
I want the same answer too so we all are waiting.
Exactly what i told the clown to point out.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by NegroNtns(m): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Al_Qaadir:
You are a youruba bastard and may the cause of Almighty Allah be upon your generation. Haba! what is wrong with you with the ibo people? Are youruba people better than any tribe in Nigerian? Don't make me to hate yorubas because if i do i will go after their life OK.
Your eviness of ibo will send you early grave and i know how many yoruba are here in the north and when the war start ibos will never be the tagert but you yorubas.
Let me tell you this now that ibos are not targeted in the north but christian OK and if nigerian divide today no northerner man will go against the ibo because we know the implication it might cause to our economy but you stupid and mothanfuckers yourubas will be flush out from our zone.

you are a northerner because....

you call yoursel alqaadir and choose an arabic signature and that makes you a northerner? shyyyt , there are plenty alqaddirs who read, write and speak arabic in yorubaland. first which northern ethnicity are you, are you fulani, hause, kanuri or shuwa arab?

let me tell your stupid ass something....there are two sets of people in nigeria - Yoruba, and then there are others!

if indeed you are northerner, i dare your fvkng a*ss to target yorubas up there. all your northern brothers down here will be fed to the beasts of the ocean. bastard!!

.قد فاة زيارة عائلتك[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by lagcity(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
This is quite pathetic. Day by day, I am more convinced that Ibos are genetically linked to the homeless gypsies. Now it makes sense why Ibos claim Jewish ancestry. They actually have gypsy blood but along the line some, 419 Ibo changed it to "jewish".
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by AbdH: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
Al_Qaadir:
You are a youruba bastard and may the cause of Almighty Allah be upon your generation. Haba! what is wrong with you with the ibo people? Are youruba people better than any tribe in Nigerian? Don't make me to hate yorubas because if i do i will go after their life OK.
Your eviness of ibo will send you early grave and i know how many yoruba are here in the north and when the war start ibos will never be the tagert but you yorubas.
Let me tell you this now that ibos are not targeted in the north but christian OK and if nigerian divide today no northerner man will go against the ibo because we know the implication it might cause to our economy but you stupid and mothanfuckers yourubas will be flush out from our zone.
قد فاة زيارة عائلتك
Are you really a Muslim? If yes, then I suggest that you stop posting comments out of uncontrollable emotions.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by DerideGull(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
c.fours:
Igbos living in North flee to Cameroon for safety from Boko Haram violence
February 9, 2012 ·
FOTOKOL (AFP) – Nigerians have fled in droves to neighbouring Cameroon to escape violence claimed by the Islamist Boko Haram group and revenge attacks by Christians.
“Everybody is insecure in Nigeria. The fear is all-pervading,” said a Christian priest, speaking on condition of anonymity, in Fotokol, a Cameroonian border town where dozens have taken shelter in the last few weeks.
It is located about 100 kilometres (60 miles) from the Nigerian city of Maiduguri, the bastion of the shadowy Boko Haram sect which has been blamed for a slew of terror attacks that have sowed panic in Africa’s most populous nation.
Boko Haram has claimed to be fighting for an Islamic state in the north, but its demands have varied.
“Many Nigerians like myself have fled their villages in the south. We feel secure in Cameroon,” the priest said in Fotokol.
“That is why I am sheltered here,” he added.
He has rented a house which is about 10 minutes by motorcycle to the nearest town in Nigeria, Gamboru Ngala, where he heads the local Catholic church.
It is difficult to gauge the exact number of Nigerians who have fled to Cameroon as they cross the border illegally, but there are easily dozens sheltered here since the attacks and tit-for-tat ripostes by Christians.
Mahamat Tujani, a Muslim trader from Maiduguri, fled to Kousseri near Fotokol.
“I abandoned my business and my family to seek refuge at the home of my cousin,” a Cameroonian, he said. “I escaped out of fear.”
He hoped to return home soon, he said, “but if the killings continue, I will bring over my family members here.”
Boko Haram has been blamed for scores of bomb attacks in Nigeria’s Muslim-dominated north. It claimed responsibility for January 20 coordinated bombings and shootings in Nigeria’s second-largest city of Kano that left at least 185 people dead — Boko Haram’s deadliest attack yet.
The August suicide bombing of UN headquarters in the capital Abuja which killed at least 25 people was also attributed to the group.
“When you scent danger, you must escape,” the priest said.
“Even in the Gospel, the Lord says the moment you sense danger, you must escape. If you don’t it’s suicide,” he said.
The priest said two Christians from the mainly Christian Igbo ethnic group were killed in Mobi in Adamawa state about three weeks ago.
“When the other Igbos went to reclaim their bodies the Boko Haram struck and killed 29 others,” he said.
Sectarian violence has been rising since elections in July last year. He urged both Christians and Muslims to “return to God.”
The priest said Muslims were also targeted by Boko Haram. Between January 28 and 30, three people — including a Muslim — were killed in Gamboru Ngala, Nigerian and Cameroonian police and medical sources said.
The priest was following an Africa Cup of Nations match on television at a bar, along with six other compatriots. In another room, eight other Nigerians sat, drinking
http://naija247news..com/2012/02/igbos-living-in-north-flee-to-cameroon.html

c.fools

You are an exemplary of failed state of Nigeria. When did Mahamat Tujani, a Muslim trader from Maiduguri become an Igbo? There was no place Igbo fleeing to Cameroon was mentioned in the article yet a dunce such as c.fools has effrontery to caption thread the way he\she did.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by Paschal007: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Yeske!:
@OP, could you please highlight where Igbos were said to be fleeing into Cameroon.
c.fools is a certified morõn till he answers this question. Check out that date the article was written too. Old lies written a year ago.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by DerideGull(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ndigbo have long known the conniving antics of these pajamas cowards from southwestern region of Nigeria. It is very shameful most of them appear indifference and silence to the sudden deaths of their kinsmen in northern region of Nigeria while taken to the bull horn to magnify the misfortunes of Ndigbo in northern region.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by NegroNtns(m): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
DerideGull: Ndigbo have long known the conniving antics of these pajamas cowards from southwestern region of Nigeria. It is very shameful most of them appear indifference and salience to the sudden deaths of their kinsmen in northern region of Nigeria while taken to the bull horn to magnify the misfortunes of Ndigbo in northern region.

nigga,

shut the lipsrsealed up! everybody in this country with any logical sense is wondering why your people are stuck in another man's land and in the face of dagger to their throat, bombs in their midst......they remain stuck. even your leader uwazuruike is baffled and he is dissapointed. now, rather than go home you fled as refugees to cameroon. its long past time we see you as victims. these are no victims of terror at all these are provocateurs of terror and i have a limited number of RIP before i myself become an RIP, so i would rather save what i have for bereavement on true victims of terror. ibos living in north are provocateurs......partners in the food chain of the predator and the prey.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by NegroNtns(m): 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
kettykin:

you forgot to warn them what they would meet if they come to Yourba land

Suspected human parts seller arrested in Abeokuta
on MARCH 20, 2013 · in NEWS
12:06 am
BY DAUD OLATUNJI
ABEOKUTA—MEMBERS of the Oodua Peoples Congress, in Abeokuta, said they have arrested a suspected human parts seller, Yemi Odun, with some fresh human parts in Aro community, opposite Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta.

Odun, 24, was said to have been nabbed following a tip off by residents of the area who were said to be suspicious of his movement.

The suspected human parts seller, Yemi Odun with some fresh human parts at Aro community, opposite Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta.
Speaking with Vanguard, the State Treasurer of OPC , Wahab Moruf, said nemesis caught up with the suspect, when the officials of the body stormed the hideout located within the community in an abandoned building where he allegedly carried out the operation in conjunction with some of his gang members who were said to be at large.

According to him, the suspect attempted to run away when we wanted to arrest him, but luck ran against him, and further search revealed a number of human bones and parts.

“The suspect and other members of the gang usually disguised as lunatics while committing the crime.

“That is the reason why the gang decided to have their hideout in the abandoned building which is adjacent to the Neuro-PsychiatricHospital

When Vanguard visited the Ogbe unit office of the OPC in Abeokuta, the suspect was found with exhibits comprising fresh and dried human bones.

The suspect on interrogation, said he was a bus conductor and only sleeps in the abandoned building.

However, as at the time of this report, authority of Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, said the security agents had been contacted for onward transfer of the suspect.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/suspected-human-parts-seller-arrested-in-abeokuta/

[img]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/suspected-human-parts-seller-arrested-in-abeokuta/human-parts1/[/img]

this is one in a series of arrests and detention so far made by OPC. they have arrested robbers, ritualists, kidnappers. they give reassurance and security in instances where police is unreliable or unavailable. i am happy to know that in yorubaland there is a deterrent against criminals. this does not eliminate crime but it serves to caution criminals. where else in nigeria do you see a grassroot organization helping fight crime?

kudos to OPC, long live Yorubaland, the land of milk and honey and may GOD continue to bless my fatherland.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
Adejoro74:
Like your folks trouping from SW, with all its milk and honey, to London to beg for social safety net and deprive citizens of their dues. What does Lagos govt offer those Igbos? Nothing. Instead they take from them and close their bizs at will. Also I guess yorubas do not live in the North and East and SS. You are an ugly baboon, like Obj/Tinubu/Fasola.

SWest people arre fleeing to london because London is better

Why are SEast fleeing to anywhere but their own fathers land

Are they scared of cannibals or kidnappers?
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by DerideGull(m): 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

nigga,

shut the lipsrsealed up! everybody in this country with any logical sense is wondering why your people are stuck in another man's land and in the face of dagger to their throat, bombs in their midst......they remain stuck. even your leader uwazuruike is baffled and he is dissapointed. now, rather than go home you fled as refugees to cameroon. its long past time we see you as victims. these are no victims of terror at all these are provocateurs of terror and i have a limited number of RIP before i myself become an RIP, so i would rather save what i have for bereavement on true victims of terror. ibos living in north are provocateurs......partners in the food chain of the predator and the prey.

It is very revealing that a ninny who goes by a handle, negro_nuts, has effrontery to address someone as “nigga”. From your stream of thought, it is safe to say that a nigger is more valuable than you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by Yeske2(m): 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
Paschal007: c.fools is a certified morõn till he answers this question. Check out that date the article was written too. Old lies written a year ago.
Can you imagine?
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by NegroNtns(m): 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
DerideGull:

It is very revealing that a ninny who goes by a handle, negro_nuts, has effrontery to address someone as “nigga”. From your stream of thought, it is safe to say that a nigger is more valuable than you.

If you knew the origin of the name Negro_Nations and who I got it from your nigga a*ss will kneel and bow down in worship.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by cfours: 12:03am On Mar 21, 2013
lotannam:

if you are taking extremely high risks (ie with lives on the line) just to make money, then i'm sorry but that is greed.
what's wrong with just living comfortably in a safe environment or among your people.
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by badassnigga(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
lagcity: This is quite pathetic. Day by day, I am more convinced that Ibos are genetically linked to the homeless gypsies. Now it makes sense why Ibos claim Jewish ancestry. They actually have gypsy blood but along the line some, 419 Ibo changed it to "jewish".

on pont. grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence by Duru1(m): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

If you knew the origin of the name Negro_Nations and who I got it from your nigga a*ss will kneel and bow down in worship.

Shut up your putrid mouth for once. Does where you scoop the silly name absolve you from nigger-azz mentality and characteristics? It is a fact that once a dumbazz nigger, you shall always remain a cotton bale nigger.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peaceful Protest In Ado EKITI Against Governor Fayose Impeachment / Tambuwal’s Impeachment Plot: PDP Reps Give Conditions To Jonathan, Party Chair / We’ll Deliver Kano’s Five Million Votes To Buhari — Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.