Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

To Be Or Not To Be Reel. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / To Be Or Not To Be Reel. (1404 Views)

A Show Reel Showing My Better Logoworks From Last Year / My 2D Animation Demo Reel / 2d 3d Show ur DEMO Reel Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 8:49am On Mar 20, 2013
Animation. wether 2 or 3d, it stil is animation. sometimes back thr was a post on here that talked about “setting standards“ & it stil is trending. a lot was said in that topic, gud n bad blood spilled too. afterwards, series of similar topics n introduction of animation schools sprung up. Well, I was thrilled to say d least, knowing that there really are animators in nigeria & 3D? i mean, how gud can it get? finally i get to see, exchange infos or learn from very gud hands.
Dont get me wrong, I wasnt expecting to see pixar or Disney here, cuz a lot really goes into animation in terms of hardware for 3d atleast. But talkin abt, the skillz? all i c here is MOUTH. If most of u r to back up ur act, guyz, u not even trying. Asides, Produlus dat has done a short anime dance, i dont c anyfin here n dats d truth. oh n by d way, d fruity version is...
If we talkin abt modelling then we talking bout modelling but if its animation itself, I dont see those principles in works displayed so far on this forum and funny fin is, the principles are like an anthem on here. everyone seems to know these principles but they never apply them **talking abt d clips i‘ve seen so far**.
What am I saying?
Just openning ur mouth to talk cuz people talk dont do animations. If u talking, or runnin someone down or preaching, teaching... u‘ve gotta have some to back u up. 3d in nigeria is stil young and probably havent kicked off, hence the importance of aligning ourselves technically wif d global community.
nuff said, well big ups to okx, Velociraptor, Landaski, Dark-sider, Chronique, PeterReezer and all ya‘ll great guys not mentioned here keepin this forum alive.
And if I hurt any of ya‘ll feelins, i‘m sorry. its jus d way i am homes. I dnt like scrambbled eggz.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2013
reidkrugger:
And if I hurt any of ya‘ll feelins, i‘m sorry. its jus d way i am homes.

GBAM!! Keeping it real and saying it just as it is. (I'm not an animator by the way, I hang out more in the TV/Film section... that's more my thing)
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by chronique(m): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
so on point man. there's a lot of criticizing going on here but most of the critics haven't come out with something better than what they've criticized but at the end of the day,it's all good. we'll just keep working hard to get to the top.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Villageboy, thanks man, well said. dats how we do. @chronx, dunno wt else to say but gud or bad, lets see sumfin & most importantly, to whom much is given, much is expected. 5 or 10yrs experience suppose giv birth to same.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
chronique: so on point man. there's a lot of criticizing going on here but most of the critics haven't come out with something better than what they've criticized but at the end of the day,it's all good. we'll just keep working hard to get to the top.
reidkrugger: @Villageboy, thanks man, well said. dats how we do. @chronx, dunno wt else to say but gud or bad, lets see sumfin & most importantly, to whom much is given, much is expected. 5 or 10yrs experience suppose giv birth to same.

Well said people. I will point out that for those 'animators' that criticize others do please show your work too as I think that is fair. As said before I'm not an animator but in the related film industry and frequently comment in the TV/Movies section where I do sometimes critisize; but my work is also out there for anyone to see. I don't have much experience but I read a ton and follow loads of websites to keep my knowledge updated all the time. I even criticized the hell out of my own last short film as it wasn't good enough... not to the standard I want to be at.

Additionally, I think there will, and rightfully so, be 'audience' members that will and can criticize work even if they don't do the same such work. Let's remember that pleasing the audience is really our ultimate goal and they can turn around and say "Well I don't like it"... and they are also right to have an opinion. We have ALL, as audience members, seen a film or a few films that we felt were utter rubbish and said so nor do we need to explain why, however, I fully understand the 'key' message here is to people in the same line of business criticizing the work of others without showing the work they 'apparently' do too. - There are too many of those eediots around because many of them fail to realise that their criticism should at least be constructive and offer ways to fix the 'other work' they think is crappy.

The fact is constructive criticism will not always happen, especially on the Internet, so as artists we have to grow a very thick skin or we'll get badly hurt when our work is ripped to shreds. No biggie... we go survive nah!

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
I just bit the bullet and posted some work in this section - https://www.nairaland.com/1231828/villageboi-naija-short-all-enjoy
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
Additionally, I think there will, and
rightfully so, be 'audience' members that
will and can criticize work even if they
don't do the same such work. Let's
remember that pleasing the audience is
really our ultimate goal and they can turn
around and say "Well I don't like it"... and
they are also right to have an opinion. We
have ALL, as audience members, seen a
film or a few films that we felt were utter
rubbish and said so nor do we need to
explain why, however, I fully understand
the 'key' message here is to people in the
same line of business criticizing the work of
others without showing the work they
'apparently' do too.
@villageboi, u are awesome. i cldnt have put it any beta. i mean those punches were bullseye. @1st, i tot i was speakin french, but seein that u understand me perfectly therefore means that everybody got d msg.
k, ds place been relatively quiet n i c that the super heroes have gone to sleep or probably left town. eer yeah, they get d point as well.

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
reidkrugger:
@villageboi, u are awesome. i cldnt have put it any beta. i mean those punches were bullseye. @1st, i tot i was speakin french, but seein that u understand me perfectly therefore means that everybody got d msg.
k, ds place been relatively quiet n i c that the super heroes have gone to sleep or probably left town. eer yeah, they get d point as well.

Lol @ The super heroes have gone to sleep.

One thing about we Nigerians is that for some reason we can be 'total haters' of other Nigerians... it's a sad state of affairs. But the good thing is there are some fantastic Nigerians out there! So it's "Thank you Reid for opening a very sensible thread."

PS - Please see my stuff if you get the chance!

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 5:33am On Mar 21, 2013
my internet‘s been screwing up lately, but I definitely will man. n thanx for been outspoken.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by darksider: 9:35am On Mar 21, 2013
yeah, the justice league is bak. u ve said alot. i ve seen ur wrk that is the dancin character and am not too impress tho its ridiculously funny. i ve set up a forum mainly for 3d animation n other related fields. www.maverickstudiosng.com/forum join this forum and i give u a link to a short 3d movie we ve made. the link will soon b made public but we re wrkin on some logistics e.g it will aired on t.v very soon. so this is the reason y we havent made it public. be rest assured by next u will b watchin 2 3d short movies. i guess u shud ve seen the stills and there are more stills in the forum we ve set up.

now the real talk. 3d is not a hobby, it's wrk. u need to up ur shit, i mean u really need to up ur shiiiitt!
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2013
Justice league? Haha. I like u but u not even close on dat one. another fin i like abt u is u open minded & say it as it is. dunno wether its a hobby or not, but i know its not politics whr u hv to promise peeps abt upcoming vids or reels n tho i hope ds time d release date wont b like jan28, till then, u my friend, need to up ur iiishhh.
secondly, like i said, “Just openning ur mouth to talk cuz people talk
dont do animations. If u talking, or runnin someone down or preaching, teaching... u‘ve gotta have some to back u up.“ eerr & i dont fink u got dat.
Now, i dont need to join anybody to c a gaddamn video, if its done n ready, u upload d iiish, n if its gud its gud.
Thirdly n sadly, It took this to bring out d bitterness in u of ma video, while all dis time I WAS BEGGING PEEPS TO CRITICIZE? Bleep!!! well, i gat no bad feelings for u or anybody but i‘ll say it as it is. Aalllwaaaaayyyys. n reason y i havnt been talkin is most u guys have said it all on matters arising at d time. so we cool on dat.
well thanks on d late critisicm, but as for d thread, my posts, beliefs n intent remains unshaken.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by velociraptor: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ reidkrugger: 2 b frank, dat ur animation is in a way funny but it is just not it. every department of 3d on ur character is totally out of it. modeling zero, shading, lighting and rendering is zero. animation 2/10. for heaven sake i no dat the application u re using can offer more. it is obvious u need to read n drill harder cos u really ve a long way to go. wink we want to create standards remember and by ur animation, hmmnnn, if possible tear it down. dats my criticism
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
Everyone here has a point. @ Dark-sider, I think it's good you opened up a forum where animators can gather to 'teach & learn'. I've been a member of various filmmaking forums and they are very useful. It's a shame that many people have not joined it yet. I did like the rendered pictures by the way but I hope there will be more work you do that Nigerians can relate to as it seemed to be some foreign computer-game, sci-fi kind of story.

@ Reid, I think I've seen the right video of yours... the one of the dancing man but the music was changed from 'Oliver Twist' or something? As the others said it is funny, however, like us all, you do still have more to learn. I know animation takes years to master but you all are on the right track - we did all have to start somewhere.

@ Velicoraptor; as you know the software he is using, how do you suggest he gets better? What are the tricks & tips you have to share?

When I was learning my 'films' were complete garbage... good ideas but executed badly due to inexperience. Luckily I put myself in the frame of mind that I can learn something everyday. I think the same should be done here. Even in the TV section people say "Oh my script or film or whatever is the best thing you have ever seen in your life."... and when you watch it or read a sample you wonder if they are correct in the head or even from the same planet as you because most times it is so bad it makes one cringe. One things we Nigerians lack is humility and the moment we do one little thing 'Haaaaa we have arrived, na we be the best in the world'... oh well, we can be daft sometimes.

What we really need to say is "I'm not great nor is my work perfect but how to we cooperate to get better?"
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
“If we talkin abt modelling then we talking bout modelling but if its animation itself, I dont see those principles in works displayed
so far on this forum and funny fin is, the principles are like an anthem on here.“ @velociraptor, u r obviously pained. i know u dnt have a reel or know jack abt animation save bad mouth but what i ddnt know is that, u cldnt read. i dnt like excusing myself n i wont cuz u in particular r not worth it. what standards r u velociwhatever setting? its been over a year i joined ds forum, over a year u‘ve bn trying to set standards n up til now u in particular stil remain zero.
the thread is not abt me, n i never said i‘m d best. but if someone dat isnt an animator understands me clearly then in d words of ur friend... “go up ur shit“. dont jus sit thr blabbin homes, go back ur shit up.
lastly, quit bitchin n man up sometimes. after hw many months i‘m suddenly scoring 2/10, hmmn dats nice cuz i gave myself zero. i‘ll advice u take ur time to read the main topic very well before u post anyother fin. n i‘ll appreciate if u have somefin for me to see that @least makes ur work 3/10. U are all MOUTH and that efiendi... is one of the fins i hate d most. blabbin abt rendering. what do u know about rendering? u r d biggest joke i see here. u r nofin. if u gat nofin meaningful to say, go play in d sands. rendering my ass.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
This thread is meant for animators criticising other animators but aint gat non to show. Enough talk, show ur reels if u‘ve gat any. on this thread, nobody‘s gon play missy scoring marks to ppl. n if u aint gat a reel, then zip it.
Its not abt me or who‘s d best. if u criticise ppls jobs which is ok by me, then we should see urs. Bleep it, even Disney backs up his shit.
Velociraptor, cant even animate a character getting up from a sleeping state but he can score me 2/10.lmmaol.lolz.nsl.
all this my oga @ d top sef.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
reidkrugger:
all this my oga @ d top sef.

Lol @ that. grin

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by velociraptor: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
grin grin grin mr reidkrugger, grin grin grin oh boy ur blood dey boil gan ooo. did u say pained. grin grin grin grin ur words tickles. i have a feelin this is coming from somewhere, like some niggerz i roughed up way bak. it's aiit to wanna stage a comebak. grin grin grin i dnt just see it happenin. i can c dat u re really pissed off with all that lines just to say somtin. well, u will just have to wait n c if we really have somtin to show or not. till then read ur tutorials and b a good boy. wink
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
velociraptor: grin grin grin mr reidkrugger, grin grin grin oh boy ur blood dey boil gan ooo.

Exactly and everyone for this thread needs to calm down. There is nothing productive going on here. Are Nigerian 'adults' going to forever behave like 13 year old children?
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by darksider: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
@village boi: africans like to cage their thinkin. x-men, superman, starwarz etc these re peoples fictional ideas not cultures. so i shud not do fictions cos africans cant understand it but am an african and i love the foreign movies ow come? so until u c spears, shields, huts n half naked people then u will b able to relate. thats y our movie industry sucks. if nigerians cant relate then the so called foreign people will.

@ reidkrugger: wot the hell is wrong wit u? y u actin like a slut who just banged and didnt get paid. u asked for criticism so wots d fuzz all about.
u shud b ashamed of ursef, u rate ursef zero then y re u talkin. so it is dat wack animation of urs dat makes u tink u can animate. even people who do stills are way beta dan u. from ur dancing character u lack creativity in everything. i hope ur head is not as big as character's head, if it is, then it must b full of poo. i guess u got poo for brain. there is no hope for u krugger grin grin grin why not try comedy and stop wastin ur time. u re one big olodo rabata. kk go and show d whole world ur stupid poo-nimation . u re just one studpid wanna be.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hahahahahaha, hehehehehehehe, hohohohohohoho. i no follow u drag o, na u b d best afterall u b “my oga @ d top“. Shame on u velociraptor. see ur head! na me u de insult like dat? wel, God de?
Anyways, i hope i‘ve made my point. & i tot i told u dat until u upload stuff, dont talk. weda gud or bad, it dont mata, jus do sumfin, or ur eardrum don burst? til then keep away from this thread cuz i hate plenty talk or talkers. And No, Me n u neva had anyfin goin homes, we cool. even now.
I‘m not tryin to attack anybody here n by d way who am I? but if u talkin abt standards, then i fink posting sum for us to see will b nice. Dunno y u dnt get it, abi make dem fry egg for u?
Finally, My criticism abt u. U are weak, perhaps d weakest here n I am way BETTER an ANIMATOR than U. opening ur dung hole talkin abt 3d depts... u gat non in dat skull of urs. principles my ass. apply am na! u know d peeps u do dat issshh to, not me. i say it n i do it, u gat non on me. get d Bleep outta here. mufucker wanna show me rendering. c‘mon go sleep.
U always talkin isshhh. always. u know everyfin, texture, modelling, animation,lightin, shading. clap for urself. Na im pixar neva call u abi, e-ee-e-ee-e-ediot n nama for u there. guy zip up. since u know thr r depts, then u shld know everybody to his/her dept even storyboarders n texturers. n by d way dat my 2/10 animation sir is low poly. u hear. U gettin Mad cuz sum1‘s bold enuf to tel u truth to ur face, yanayanyanyanya, Shut up slowpoke.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by velociraptor: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
grin grin grin u re definitely some1 i roughed up way bak. hiya, i must have really gotten to u den. grin better animator u say. grin grin grin grin guy wipe off. really, dats d dumb talk of d day. " i say it n i do it" wot did u say and wot did u do. oh oh oh dat animation of urs ooooh i get it now. u re right
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 9:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
@darksider, k. i c u‘ve gathered some liver now u wanna talk. u r both morons, finkin every1‘s gotta dance to ur hibbies. i guess u both Bleep eachother wen u less busy or som‘n. obviously u both cant read, cuz if u cld, we wont b talkin ds mch, or mayb u r just higher leveled morons. u go suck on vels tailpipe n both of u can do ursleves in turns while u at it n who knows, mayb animate it too, u friggin homos. shut ur damn hoe mouth n git out ma thread. fuckin wankstas without clips disrurbin everybody. i can tel, u together right now cuz, wen of u pop, d other backs up. u morons need to wake up n stop acting like market women gettin angry cuz fins ain goin ur way.
its been such a waste talkin to both of u, really. i cant believe this. stupid fucktards.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
VillageBoi:

Exactly and everyone for this thread needs to calm down. There is nothing productive going on here. Are Nigerian 'adults' going to forever behave like 13 year old children?
Wel, it indeed is a shame, dat morons such as this two hijack a forum of this nature n force isshhh down every1s throats. these two gayboys need to wake up and understand, its not about them. if u wanna lead, u do that by example not d otherway around, u slimmy rickety bitches. Bleep u & ur stills, u gays. wen u ready to reason then we can talk, til then u two rigs should stay clear off me n shut d hell up. especially dat weakling Velociraptor. As for Darkside, I tot U were someone wif a full set of sixes. now i see u just as low pee brained like ur milf partner.
its night, dont forget to wear ur lingerie so dat u stay attractive to Vel.
Boneheads!!!
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by velociraptor: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
grin grin grin is the tot of me n dark-sider togeda givin u a hardon? grin ur thread, like its ur micasa. somtin seems to b upsetting u. i tink its more dan d clip u wanna c. u sound really bitter. just blabbin like a som1 wit magnitude but not direction. cud it b dat u mad at ursef knowin u ll neva b a good animator. it must really hurt. try down som pain killers n hit d bed on time and dream of bcomin an animator cos that is d closest u will eva get to bin an animator. grin grin grin grin u no wot y no show ur animation to world and let's see who d oga at the top is cheesy cheesy cheesy dnt worry i will hlp u wit dat
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by VillageBoi(m): 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
reidkrugger:
Wel, it indeed is a shame, dat morons such as this two hijack a forum of this nature ...
...wen u ready to reason then we can talk, til then u two rigs should stay clear off me

But Reid if you are inviting these two members to 'dialogue' with you it won't work if you keep on throwing such insults. In post #1 of the thread you made your point then; anything after that really should focus on how we can learn and improve.

To thread posters, please let's all bury the hatchet of bitterness and move on in a positive manner.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by chronique(m): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ velo and darksider: I think you guys still don't get Reid. His point is that you guys have dissed so many pple,knocked pple's hustle,talked about everything about animation principles,criticized pple's reels,etc but haven't been able to show us one thing that you guys have done. And his opinion is: don't critic if you can't show us nada. I've been here for a long while and have seen you guys talk a lot but I haven't seen your reels. I think he's simply saying: if you got nothing to show,then don't criticize others.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be Reel. by reidkrugger(m): 3:37am On Mar 22, 2013
chronique: @ velo and darksider: I think you guys still don't get Reid. His point is that you guys have dissed so many pple,knocked pple's hustle,talked about everything about animation principles,criticized pple's reels,etc but haven't been able to show us one thing that you guys have done. And his opinion is: don't critic if you can't show us nada. I've been here for a long while and have seen you guys talk a lot but I haven't seen your reels. I think he's simply saying: if you got nothing to show,then don't criticize others.

U two homo itching morons see that quote? awon ode jatijati meji, ti won mo ara wan. ewu kambia. anugboko.lolz. mayb if i address u two rigs as animals dat u r, u‘ll get it.
VEL, U should Shut up. My msg is clear n i dunno if pride is both ur problems.lolz. “U‘ll neva b a gud animator blablabla“ childish talk makin me smh for u. I feel so sorry for u. bitter and stupid boy. well, u lil lepricons are wrong on that 1, i can assure u. from d way u both talk, i c u r stil under ur parents roof. n i aint gat time talkin to misguided nitwits as urselves with quarter baked brains. After all d preachings, ds two Ekaettes stil, fail to get what i‘m sayin.
ok, i‘m done wif u. its gud luck to u guys. bully as much peeps as u can & dont forget ur lingeries.

(1) (Reply)

The Dangerous Art Of The Ultimate Selfie / Incredible 3D Robot / 2 Canon Xh A1 Hdv 1080i Digital Video Camcorder W/ Camera Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.