Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? (1537 Views)

Oyibo Woman Enjoying Her Trip To Abakaliki With Her Hubby / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Morgan1092(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2013
Lets be specific here must a wife know how much her hubby earns monthly?
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
I don't see any big deal in that,for goodness sake how do people marry who theY can't trust with the knowledge of their income??

Not knowing a man's income is one of the major reasons why some women don't know when to demand.why won't she ask you for Brazillian if you keep strouting around in the house like Mr money in the bank.

Now,if I know my hubby earns 15k per month,Won't I use napkins instead of disposable diapers for the kids?Won't I prepare Ogbono soup instead of ofe Owerri??Won't I make rolling and setting instead of Rihanna's hair style?When a woman doesn't know your worth because you won't divulge,don't be pissed when she comes demanding what you can't afford.It takes an extremely fool*sh wife to demand for things she knows her man can't afford.For me,she has a right to know,just as you have a right to know hers as well.

Abeg all these couples hiding one thing or the other is something am not familiar with joor.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by chiteny(m): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
byvan: I don't see any big deal in that,for goodness sake how do people marry who theY can't trust with the knowledge of their income??

Not knowing a man's income is one of the major reasons why some women don't know when to demand.why won't she ask you for Brazillian if you keep strouting around in the house like Mr money in the bank.

Now,if I know my hubby earns 15k per month,Won't I use napkins instead of disposable diapers for the kids?Won't I prepare Ogbono soup instead of ofe Owerri??Won't I make rolling and setting instead of Rihanna's hair style?When a woman doesn't know your worth because you won't divulge,don't be pissed when she comes demanding what you can't afford. It takes an extremely fool*sh wife to demand for things she knows her man can't afford.For me,she has a right to know,just as you have a right to know hers as well.

Abeg all these couples hiding one thing or the other is something am not familiar with joor.

....and if she know he earns 500k per month, won't she rather stick to human hair than use those ordinary useless attachements. Won't she prefer to eat in a chinese "restorant" three times a day with her hubby instead of making meals at home?

On a general note, it depends on the couple involved. If i know it is one of the weaknesses of my spouse to mis-manage money and spend recklessly on things not needed, i won't want to lead her into temptation by disclosing how much comes into my coffers in the month (for family peace, safety, sanity and security)
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
You don't expect the bank manager's wife to dress the same as the truckpusher's wife, do you?

1 Like

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by chiteny(m): 1:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
No i don't. But i don't think you got the point i made. The key words are moderation, good management, and proper placement of priorities.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by greatgod2012(f): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
To answer your question....YES!!!
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by feminineA: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!. A woman needs to know what her hubby earns so she doesn't make unnecessary demands. Also so that she can help build the home
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by ojesymsym: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
No two spouses are alike, no two marriages the same.
Know and test your spouse in some small things and decide wat to do in the bigger ones. What you can't do in 10 yrs from now, don't start today
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by RollingFella(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
chiteny:

....and if she know he earns 500k per month, won't she rather stick to human hair than use those ordinary useless attachements. Won't she prefer to eat in a chinese "restorant" three times a day with her hubby instead of making meals at home?

On a general note, it depends on the couple involved. If i know it is one of the weaknesses of my spouse to mis-manage money and spend recklessly on things not needed, i won't want to lead her into temptation by disclosing how much comes into my coffers in the month (for family peace, safety, sanity and security)

You are so much on point. thanks a lot.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Mynd44: 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Yes!!!..

She is supposed to be your partner abi na helper. How is she supposed to help if she does not have all the facts?
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
angry angry angry no! She is not even suppose to know his age either

2 Likes

Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by MrsChima(f): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
Morgan1092: Lets be specific here must a wife know how much her hubby earns monthly?

Yes...and you should know hers
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Morgan1092(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
So does it now mean dat d man of d house shld b accountable 4wht he earns? smh. ¤as 4me! No way¤
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Harpesin(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
To All men reading this, please neva make such mistake cos you will leave to regret it....Am talking from experience....After my wedding, i followed all the advises given to me during marriage counsel, which one of it is that we should make our salary known to each other, my wife is not a salary earner but a fashion designer, i made mine known to her and whenever there is an increase in salary i do let her know but i discovered that i went wrong by disobeying my own father who had earlier told me that i should not be carried away with woman's love in marriage that love does not stop them whenever they want to perform their wonders (act) that i should only make 40% of my secret known to my wife that the remaining 60% is what makes me a man......I thought the man is acting on his village experience.....but now....kudos to him....After some times (2yrs) of my marriage, i notice that my wife always come with different kind of demand all in the name of children, house things etc without considering ao i manage to survive for the month, i was doing it to avoid wahala in the marriage but killing myself gradually, i hardly fuel my car, i hardly dress the way i used to, i hardly meet up with a lot of things cos her own bill is getting higher ......not until I return to my old man to apologize and ask for way out....now I can tell you i have my way out and her bill stop increasing.......dont know ao to share the secret here cos once they (women) know it, it will be useless.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
Yes she should only know 60% of the monthly earning
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Morgan1092(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
Harpesin: To All men reading this, please neva make such mistake cos you will leave to regret it....Am talking from experience....After my wedding, i followed all the advises given to me during marriage counsel, which one of it is that we should make our salary known to each other, my wife is not a salary earner but a fashion designer, i made mine known to her and whenever there is an increase in salary i do let her know but i discovered that i went wrong by disobeying my own father who had earlier told me that i should not be carried away with woman's love in marriage that love does not stop them whenever they want to perform their wonders (act) that i should only make 40% of my secret known to my wife that the remaining 60% is what makes me a man......I thought the man is acting on his village experience.....but now....kudos to him....After some times (2yrs) of my marriage, i notice that my wife always come with different kind of demand all in the name of children, house things etc without considering ao i manage to survive for the month, i was doing it to avoid wahala in the marriage but killing myself gradually, i hardly fuel my car, i hardly dress the way i used to, i hardly meet up with a lot of things cos her own bill is getting higher ......not until I return to my old man to apologize and ask for way out....now I can tell you i have my way out and her bill stop increasing.......dont know ao to share the secret here cos once they (women) know it, it will be useless.
Thanks a big time, i hope u re stil enjoyn ur marriage?
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
Harpesin: To All men reading this, please neva make such mistake cos you will leave to regret it....Am talking from experience....After my wedding, i followed all the advises given to me during marriage counsel, which one of it is that we should make our salary known to each other, my wife is not a salary earner but a fashion designer, i made mine known to her and whenever there is an increase in salary i do let her know but i discovered that i went wrong by disobeying my own father who had earlier told me that i should not be carried away with woman's love in marriage that love does not stop them whenever they want to perform their wonders (act) that i should only make 40% of my secret known to my wife that the remaining 60% is what makes me a man......I thought the man is acting on his village experience.....but now....kudos to him....After some times (2yrs) of my marriage, i notice that my wife always come with different kind of demand all in the name of children, house things etc without considering ao i manage to survive for the month, i was doing it to avoid wahala in the marriage but killing myself gradually, i hardly fuel my car, i hardly dress the way i used to, i hardly meet up with a lot of things cos her own bill is getting higher ......not until I return to my old man to apologize and ask for way out....now I can tell you i have my way out and her bill stop increasing.......dont know ao to share the secret here cos once they (women) know it, it will be useless.

Sorry you had it bad but the demands you complain of,wasn't it really spent on your kids??
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Popowaa: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
Yes since u re one now.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
If I don't know who will? His concubines or his mother? answer me.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by free2ryhme: 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
jennykadry: If I don't know who will? His concubines or his mother? answer me.

can u declare your earnings to your husband?
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by free2ryhme: 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Morgan1092: Lets be specific here must a wife know how much her hubby earns monthly?

what if both couples are either lesbians or gays
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by JoannaSedley(f): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
@harpesin,i just hope your wife is not suffering because you want to live your life again as a bachelor.
She is spending the money on the kids according to you, i know how it is cos i've been there. It is never enough especially for one's kids, you sacrifice.
Unless she mis-manages, then.....
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by slimyem: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
Please share it.I am male and my wife is demanding too much and i need to put it in check.Help a brother out.cool
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Morgan1092(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
free2ryhme:

what if both couples are either lesbians or gays
Hey! I gat no answer 2dis ur question cos am no gay. Mayb u shld knw beta.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by amarush(f): 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
Of course. Infact I see my husbands payslip and he sees mine, its no big deal. We plan and budget for the household together.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Mynd44: 5:33am On Mar 21, 2013
amarush: Of course. Infact I see my husbands payslip and he sees mine, its no big deal. We plan and budget for the household together.
Abi ooo
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by chiteny(m): 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
amarush: Of course. Infact I see my husbands payslip and he sees mine, its no big deal. We plan and budget for the household together.

Good for you. But like i submitted earlier, its not a hard and fast rule. One man's meat is another man's dog. Its a "good to have if possible" but do not enforce it on any one. You know how to manage funds, so you can plan with your husband. What happens to those wives that don't know how to manage funds and can't plan with their husbands (and also dont have control over spending habits)?
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Harpesin(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Morgan1092: Thanks a big time, i hope u re stil enjoyn ur marriage?
@ Morgan, Yes I am enjoyin it oooo cos elderly wisdom os working.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Harpesin(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Morgan1092: Thanks a big time, i hope u re stil enjoyn ur marriage?
@ Morgan, Yes I am enjoyin it oooo cos elderly wisdom. is working.
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by Harpesin(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
slimyem: Please share it.I am male and my wife is demanding too much and i need to put it in check.Help a brother out.cool

Mail me apesinmarine@yahoo.com
Re: Must A Wife Know Her Hubby's Monthly Earning? by oyinmama(f): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
@OP...good question. My turn...."Must a hubby know his wife's monthly earning?" tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Special Gift For Her Pls. She Does Not Demand Dis But Deserves It.thnks / 6 Truth About Being A Second Wife / ...when A Wife Pvssyfoots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.