Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

5 Best Times To Start A Company - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Best Times To Start A Company (15284 Views)

Partner With Us If You Are A Company Owner. / How To Set Up A Company In Nigeria / IGI Insurance Plc -A Company With No Integrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Valiantvaliant(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
caesaraba: I'm young, have no responsibilities and I have an obsession with excellence. Target: My first billion before 35. Sounds impossible? Bookmark this page.

Wishing all young C.E.Os the best.
bookmark this page, if you think i'll be using this device til u clock 35 you must be on a very long thing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
I agree; for many people this will be as good a time as any to start a business. There are some traits that successful business owners share such as, determination, creativity, good decision making skills, ability to get on with all types of people, and more. Many of these traits can be learned.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by dammy1985: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
yuzedo: I want to start a company selling Toto Meter. You can track how many times they nyash your gf/wife.. The name is LesbianBoy & Sons Ltd. Do you think I will succeed in Nigeria? lipsrsealed
Stupid boy...
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by healthcons: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thanks for d post.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by ochukoccna: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
Whatever business you decide to start or idea you have, it must attract either capital or profit
Also you must see through the financials quickly.
Without both, you are just passing time.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by caesaraba(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Valiantvaliant: bookmark this page, if you think i'll be using this device til u clock 35 you must be on a very long thing.

That's the spirit. You believe in change +ve change. Gracias.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by roselynbas(f): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
oluwadare26: Can one start at all dis time with no CapItal?....
List incomplete!!!

yes sir! make your house your office if possible! that is why you are networking. with relationships, you can start a business from nothing!

I started a business from my home. I supply systems, power bank ups and i did not start with capital. I started by telling people i knew about what i could do, gave free computer lessons. this opened a desire for them to have a system in their homes and my dear, the sky is just my starting point!

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by roselynbas(f): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
dammy1985: Stupid boy...

you are either into yahoo yahoo or someone feeds you that is why u can talk that nonsense!
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by tpia5: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
there's lots of enthusiasm but little planning.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by tpia5: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
rozayx5: In your twenties cool

and when you have not been brainwashed by Pessimists in the so called tertiary educational Institutions undecided lipsrsealed

1. Education is still important unless you already have money by virtue of your family background or something. Even then, most families would still want you to have some tertiary qualifications.

2. Business isnt solely optimism.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by tripledub: 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thanks op. What a nice thread and timely indeed. I am a ceo myself and i ll be sharing my experiences about my computer training school.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by tripledub: 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
First, am based in benin and i started running a computer training school with no capital. Guess how i did it. After hearing my story, u can call it luck or whatever.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by obowunmi(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
Great article but the truth of the matter is that not everyone can be an entrepreneur so pls learn how to be a good employee and staff... try to get along with your bosses and colleagues.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by dabossman(m): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
kennytidistar: @ op, i love this wahalai, this just wake my sleeping dull brain, i'm writing my resignation letter right away.

Sleeping dull brain? I have a feeling you may be drinking a lot of garri soon with such hasty decisions. You had better put a plan in place first. tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by albacete(m): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
obowunmi: Great article but the truth of the matter is that not everyone can be an entrepreneur so pls learn how to be a good employee and staff... try to get along with your bosses and colleagues.

I like dat.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Aro007: 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nice write up really puts me on a spot.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Kaysalas(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
dabossman:

Sleeping dull brain? I have a feeling you may be drinking a lot of garri soon with such hasty decisions. You had better put a plan in place first. tongue
nor tell am, just leave am make im quit d job. Make we con c who go hia ram.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Ebestsmscom: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nice post.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by wasolad01: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
Larrylarex: Nice write-up, I really want to get something doing as well, even with the financial crisis I'm currently facing, I know I could just start from somewhere... no matter how little.
One thing about starting a biz is that things will go from good to bad, bad to worse. So that's when perseverance is required because there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Entrepreneurship pays but it's demanding as well. Be prepared, committed persistent and with strong faith in God, you shall get there. I have a lot to say cos I experienced it. Thank God I am now a better person all d way.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by bambuzz88: 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
rozayx5: In your twenties cool

and when you have not been brainwashed by Pessimists in the so called tertiary educational Institutions undecided lipsrsealed

100 likes

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by bambuzz88: 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
obowunmi: Great article but the truth of the matter is that not everyone can be an entrepreneur so pls learn how to be a good employee and staff... try to get along with your bosses and colleagues.

this thread is created to catch the attention of those having the ambition and bold enuf to startup a company after types like u must have been bold enuf to make a better employee-equilibrium i guess balance is maintained

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by obowunmi(m): 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
^^ît's important to understand and realize that not everyone can own a business....

No be fight now, its a reality.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by stint(m): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
obowunmi: ^^ît's important to understand and realize that not everyone can own a business....

No be fight now, its a reality.
everybody can own a business . but everybody will not own a business because many people like you don't believe they can own a business.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by chrisley024(m): 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Aro_007: Nice write up really puts me on a spot. As for me i have the passion for what i do, but i honestly need a push. I work for one of the banks and on the other hand have a business that i run with over 6 major banks and 4 big companies as my existing clients, offering them services that ranges form UPS & inverter supply, repairs, support just to mention a few.
Unfortunately it has not been business as usual lately as i am seriously distracted at work earning me queries, Low appraisal score e.t.c. No one knows about my business in my unit but everyone knows am seriously distracted. Hiring a few graduates to push the business as not really yielded any dividend as they can not just take decision on there own.

My schedule is crazy keeping my job as a Network engineer in charge of over 400 branches saddled with the responsibilities of ensuring Network up-time in these branches and my business. Thought of quitting the bank Job but the money i earn is often used to drive my business.
Really wish someone can advice me on my case as i know i need to do something fast even as i know that inter bank crossing of staff is common and it might not take too long before my clients knows that i work in a bank as well.
I think u should employ expert(s), though it will cost u more but they'll handle it better thereby giving u more space 4 ur job.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Jarus(m): 6:33am On Mar 21, 2013
oluwadare26: Can one start at all dis time with no CapItal?....
List incomplete!!!

The capital availability is presumed in the capital.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Jarus(m): 6:43am On Mar 21, 2013
Great article.
Seriously thinking along the line of owning my businesses these days, but the income I earn from my current day job is the biggest obstacle. Anytime I think such an amount is not guaranteed on monthly basis from my personal business, I beat a retreat.

There is also the health insurance benefit. For example, when my wife gave birth, the bill was in excess of 500k. I didn't pay a dime. My company did. Every single visit to the hospital, you sign bill of 50-100k, settled by company. All these I will lose when I quit paid employment. Its a tough one.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by kennytidistar(m): 6:45am On Mar 21, 2013
dabossman:

so, all because you need to advice me , then you must insult me at first shocked
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Jarus: Great article.
Seriously thinking along the line of owning my businesses these days, but the income I earn from my current day job is the biggest obstacle. Anytime I think such an amount is not guaranteed on monthly basis from my personal business, I beat a retreat.

There is also the health insurance benefit. For example, when my wife gave birth, the bill was in excess of 500k. I didn't pay a dime. My company did. Every single visit to the hospital, you sign bill of 50-100k, settled by company. All these I will lose when I quit paid employment. Its a tough one.

the gilded cage cheesy

mine may be about to get more shiny
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by conceptkid(m): 7:02am On Mar 21, 2013
if these are the best time to start a business have you all consider the challenges and problem that comes with starting a business if you have not then i urge you to quickly visit this place
http://www.facebook.com/pages/How-to-start-and-succeed-in-small-business/137075066463972 these facebook page tells you the challenges and problem facing new sartup and exiting entreprenuer it gives you the top 10 business challenges and problems and it profers solutions to them plus the most challenge people have when starting a business which is raising capital for busines
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by conceptkid(m): 7:10am On Mar 21, 2013
are you an asparing entrepreneur or an already establish entrepreneur but you are still having problem or challenges with you business then you have met the right contact here visit this http://www.facebook.com/pages/How-to-start-and-succeed-in-small-business/137075066463972 if you have any of this challenges then you have no choice than to visit us
1.generating business ideas
2.raising capital for their business
3.gathering their team members
4. finding business location
5. finding good employees
6.finding good customers
7.competition
8.future Business Challenges and Expenses
9.Keeping Up With the Changes and Trends in that industry
10.not knowing when to start and when to exit
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by ewizard1: 7:11am On Mar 21, 2013
I have a lot of things i wish to do piled up in my head. Laundry Service, Importing Stuffs to selĺ etc. But capital is problem but wld surely do these things. Watch out for my Brand ID. And abeg, if anyone is willing to help, May God bless you o. I wont dissapoint you.
Re: 5 Best Times To Start A Company by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2013
kennytidistar: @ op, i love this wahalai, this just wake my sleeping dull brain, i'm writing my resignation letter right away.

You are on your own.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Every Business Is Struggling In Nigeria" - BBC / Easiest Way To Send Money From Algeria To Nigeria? / Rivers Overtakes Lagos As Top Investment Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.