Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Online Freelancing Marketplace: How Practical Is This In Nigeria? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Online Freelancing Marketplace: How Practical Is This In Nigeria? (903 Views)

Nigeria's Number 1 Online Marketplace / Hotbase | Nigeria's First Online Software Marketplace / Attend Free Seminar: Nigeria’s #1 Technology Marketplace Muson Center In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Freelancing Marketplace: How Practical Is This In Nigeria? by leumas2009: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
I have been a frequent visitor to online freelancing marketplace in the west (US and Europe). Sites i have visited in the past include odesk, elance, freelancer e.t.c. And these web application do fill a gap in the west.

As a summary, these websites connects freelancers possessing desired skills and individual/organization that have small to medium term projects to be executed. These sites serve as escrow as well, the client would have to deposit payment for the projects and the money would only be release to workers on successful completion of the project. (These sites charges between 7% - 10% of any amount paid to freelancers)

I have done a very quick google search on these websites in Nigeria and i found a few sites with little or no activity on them. I would like to get some insights into these as i currently have a solution that i can customize and deploy to a production within a few weeks but it is important to understand the why it would work or why it wouldnt.
Re: Online Freelancing Marketplace: How Practical Is This In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
[size=13pt]Most of the similar websites i've seen here in Nigeria don't server as middlemen in the same capacity as elance or freelancer. They're merely advertising platforms where clients can request for a service or service providers can offer a service. So, i think this open idea of yours will go a long way in bridging the gap as far as trust is concerned because that's the greatest fear of most NIgerians. If they see a platform that will provide them security, then they'll embrace it with both hands. But first, you have to do your home work.

@leumas2009
Concerning the PM you sent me, i'm not that Afam.[/size]
Re: Online Freelancing Marketplace: How Practical Is This In Nigeria? by leumas2009: 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thanks Afam. I hope more people will contribute to this topic.

(1) (Reply)

Best Pictures Of The Eclipse Of The Sun In Lagos:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Samsung Galaxy A5 Review: The Slim And Sleek Phone / Did You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.