Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog (2173 Views)

Just Got Bitten By A Rodent / A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus *pix / Ever Been Bitten By The 'electric Ant'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by mrdrizzy(m): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
goodday everyone pls dis is a matter of life and death!..i jst got bitten by a dog an hr ago,dnt knw if its treated of rabis pls..what should i do??. I mistakenly got entangled with 2 dogs playing?..pls pls pls..nairalanders i need ur help
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by mrdrizzy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
I also wonna knw the symtops cus am feeling abit pale now..dnt knw it its d fear of d dog..its nt much of a bite its a scratch from d teeth..more like a play from d dog..pls help
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by onegig(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
mr.drizzy:
goodday everyone pls dis is a matter of life and death!..i jst got bitten by a dog an hr ago,dnt knw if its treated of rabis pls..what should i do??. I mistakenly got entangled with 2 dogs playing?..pls pls pls..nairalanders i need ur help
does this look like a clinic, get yourself to the hospital
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by TableLeg(m): 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
mr.drizzy:
You got beaten by a dog and the first thing is for you to open a thread on nairaland asking for help?
You are a brainless bufoon ... And you deserve what you got!
Please wait a few more days, you will get more helpful replies ... Dont do anything, just sit by your computer and drink a glass of cold pepsi
Oponu!
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by mrdrizzy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
Table Leg :

You got beaten by a dog and the first thing is for you to open a thread on nairaland asking for help?
You are a brainless bufoon ... And you deserve what you got!
Please wait a few more days, you will get more helpful replies ... Dont do anything, just sit by your computer and drink a glass of cold pepsi
Oponu!
i guess i will skip dis immaturity..my only issue is..it jst a really small scratch..already healed bt i dnt fully knw if its a dog bite or a leg scratch.it came in blurry and fast..and for the record i went to a clinic and i was told to wait a little..to see hw the bleeding stops!
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by valboy20(m): 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
mr drizzy.....considerin ya posts on futbol bettin thread..cnt believ ya d one dah wrote dx garbage....i must say u a drolly person....i'm highly dissapointed at u
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by mrdrizzy(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
listen dis is not d time for insult or unseriousness am talking health,anyway if u wonna knw..i got to d clinic and i was given some pills..no rabbies injection yet d pills are cyprotab,ibucap,amplicin 500mg and some other ones i dnt knw..may GOD help me
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by omogemi: 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
i hope they aint local /stray dogs. Or r they the foreign types. If they r, try n get d owner to know the health records of the dog.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by dominique(f): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
If you were bitten by stray dogs that roam the street, INSIST you get a rabies vaccine. even if the dogs have owners, still go for the injection. You know most Nigerians don't take their dog's welfare seriously.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by mrdrizzy(m): 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
dominique: If you were bitten by stray dogs that roam the street, INSIST you get a rabies vaccine. even if the dogs have owners, still go for the injection. You know most Nigerians don't take their dog's welfare seriously.
thanx dear for d advise.am on pills nw.b4 3 days i should go 4 d rabies vaccine.thanx dear
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by TableLeg(m): 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
mr.drizzy:
thanx dear for d advise.am on pills nw.b4 3 days i should go 4 d rabies vaccine.thanx dear
Have you started barking like a dog yet?
Please post a pic or upload VIDEO!!!! undecided
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by valboy20(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
Table Leg :

lol.....u na badt guy o
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by mrdrizzy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
Table Leg :

i blame internet providers for giving sum ppl access..amateur
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by dominique(f): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
mr.drizzy:

Make sure you take your pills especially the anti-biotics (frankly, I don't see the necessity for the other two). Try and find a good clinic where you can get the vaccine asap. Rabies is one infection you don't want to toy with, once the virus gets into your CNS, you're as good as gone (not your portion).
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by TableLeg(m): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
valboy20:

lol.....u na badt guy o
Na true now... Person way local dog bite, sit-down for nairaland day open thread, day ask questions ... whilst rabbies and all sorts crawls up his bloodstream!
SMH ... Some people and stupidity sef
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by ooman(m): 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
dominique:

Make sure you take your pills especially the anti-biotics (frankly, I don't see the necessity for the other two). Try and find a good clinic where you can get the vaccine asap. Rabies is one infection you don't want to toy with, once the virus gets into your CNS, you're as good as gone (not your portion).

Right. Rabbies is bad.
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by Lagusta(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Hey, you guyz forgot tetanus toxoid, in fact, that should've been the first thing the doc should've given, after a thorough debridement....

Rabis vaccine is also important.....
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by aieo(m): 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
Table leg I pity U nd Ūя̲̅ thumbs! So the people dropping advice are fools, the most U can ∂o is ignore instead of pouring insults! Drizzy kudos ƒøя silenting fools
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by valboy20(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Table Leg :

Na true now... Person way local dog bite, sit-down for nairaland day open thread, day ask questions ... whilst rabbies and all sorts crawls up his bloodstream!
SMH ... Some people and stupidity sef

bro i wonder o
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
In addition to others suggestion...

Did you provoke the dogs before they attacked you?

The dogs need to be captured, quarantined and monitored for 10days.
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by dominique(f): 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
Lagusta: Hey, you guyz forgot tetanus toxoid, in fact, that should've been the first thing the doc should've given, after a thorough debridement....

Rabis vaccine is also important.....

He said it was only a small cut, can the tetanus bact get into surface wounds like that?
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by Lagusta(m): 12:07am On Mar 24, 2013
dominique:

He said it was only a small cut, can the tetanus bact get into surface wounds like that?

tetanus is a spore forming anaerobic organism, its spores can live for years, even decades.... There is a high risk if the cut, scratch or bite was deep.....

So i believe a TT shot wont do any harm.... Will it
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by deols(f): 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
Y do people have to insult without b3ing helpful sef. O ga o.
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by mrdrizzy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
deols: Y do people have to insult without b3ing helpful sef. O ga o.
my sis dnt mind those punks.table leg is known for hes mumuness and immature behaviour on nairaland ..its nt today he started acting jerky!
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by dominique(f): 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
Lagusta:

tetanus is a spore forming anaerobic organism, its spores can live for years, even decades.... There is a high risk if the cut, scratch or bite was deep.....

So i believe a TT shot wont do any harm.... Will it

The baacteria can't thrive and multiply under aerobic conditions (such as scratches and surface wounds likeop). Won't harm to get a tetanus toxoid tho.
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by Lagusta(m): 8:02am On Mar 25, 2013
dominique:

The baacteria can't thrive and multiply under aerobic conditions (such as scratches and surface wounds likeop). Won't harm to get a tetanus toxoid tho.

remember, all the bacterium needs is to get to a wound, deep or scratch, and travel through the peripheral nerves through regional axonal flow, releasing its toxin and causing spasms........

Remember also, that those stray dogs walk on all sorts of surfaces, including $h!t......
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by dominique(f): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
But the bacteria can't survive on a wound exposed to air can it? Don't remember reading anywhere where it states that the bacteria survives in teeth or silivary glands of dogs too.
Re: Help!! Just Got Bitten By A Dog by Lagusta(m): 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
They form spores, thats what makes them survive in air....

And i thought the OP said he wasnt sure whether it was a bite or a scratch from its claws, and those dirty claws have dug in to all sorts of filthy stuff..... Tetanus things meehnnn

(1) (Reply)

shocking !!! a place called dustbin estate in lagos / Please Need Directions To Teaching Hospital In Lagos / Curses Of Low Sperm Count And Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.