Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel (27354 Views)

Newest U.S. Warship Breaks Down, Has To Be Towed 45 Miles To Shore / Historic Mideast Trip: Obama’s $1.5m Limo Breaks Down In Israel / Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by ochejoseph(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2013

One of US President Barack Obama's limousines has broken down in Israel.

The black, heavily guarded limousine experienced mechanical problems in Tel Aviv before Mr Obama landed in the country for a state visit.

Media reports said the vehicle was mistakenly filled with diesel rather than petrol.

The disabled limo was swapped for a back-up, and Mr Obama's busy itinerary in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem on Wednesday was not affected.

"This is why we bring multiple vehicles and a mechanic on all trips," US Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan said in a statement.

"Situations like this are planned for extensively by our advance teams so that the President's itinerary is unaffected by these types of issues."

http://news.sky.com/story/1067480/barack-obamas-limousine-breaks-down-in-israel
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by basty: 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
Good talk.

What an organised society.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Jerryjat(m): 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
how manage?... shocked

1 Like

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by BashMe1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wat about it, hw's it news?
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Great and positive ideas, plus good anticipation are the keys that unlock & locks ones world. Ideas rule the world.
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
mistakenly filled with diesel instead of petrol?

who does that? undecided undecided

13 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by MMM2(m): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is not a big deal undecided

Human being wey God create die on daily basis, not 2 talk of car wey human being create cry

4 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by rodeo0070(m): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Me thinks there is more to this story...

4 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by alaoeri: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
If na GEJ limousine una go see alot of insults.

13 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jerry-jat:
how manage?... shocked
Read before you post comments... Ignorance is a disease remember.
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by wasiudvd(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hmmm! Hope dey will not mistakenly fill airforce 1 with groundnut oil insteal of fuel.

5 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by gsnazzy1(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
Am in the Front page, oh my gosh! :DAm in the Front page, oh my gosh!
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
Bash Me: Wat about it, hw's it news?

Because he's the president of the most powerful nation in the world and must be protected at all times.

Hamas are at alert in Gaza if you like to know. grin

1 Like

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Bigcake: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dat na small now, even my old peugeot 505 dey break down for person wedding convoy.

2 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Pennywise(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Must have been the work of a terrorist mole.

Either that or the average Israeli is simply too daft. Imagine what they will say if this were to happen in Nigeria.

If Obama was visiting Nigeria u can be sure the secret service will come with their own fuel.

3 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Demdem(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jerry-jat:
how manage?... shocked

Read first before u comment.
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by desh(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Sounds odd...y such an error? Well ish happens atimes I guess
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Godyke(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
ochejoseph:

One of US President Barack Obama's limousines has broken down in Israel.

The black, heavily guarded limousine experienced mechanical problems in Tel Aviv before Mr Obama landed in the country for a state visit.

Media reports said the vehicle was mistakenly filled with diesel rather than petrol.

The disabled limo was swapped for a back-up, and Mr Obama's busy itinerary in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem on Wednesday was not affected.

"This is why we bring multiple vehicles and a mechanic on all trips," US Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan said in a statement.

"Situations like this are planned for extensively by our advance teams so that the President's itinerary is unaffected by these types of issues."

http://news.sky.com/story/1067480/barack-obamas-limousine-breaks-down-in-israel

This is serious. So it means they travel with vehicles for ground transportation. Meehn I tire for America and their style o. When they are not going for war. shocked
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by duality(m): 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
the day GEJ will take multiple vehicles and mechanics for his oversea travel, Niraland will be in flames.

18 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Don't know who deserves a slap more, the person that filled it with diesel rather than petrol or the person that made this news.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by adexsimply(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
rodeo0070: Me thinks there is more to this story...
seconded... who wuld fill the president's limo with diesel instead of petrol? that's a mistake nigerians won't even make

6 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
ItsModella: mistakenly filled with diesel instead of petrol?

abi, if our own naija, them for arrest who ever did that for treason.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by ZACHIE: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
Iya Iyabo, come see o, Obama moto don breakdown.
No dey cry for my head when MY Golf get fault.
It is normal.

4 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by daylae(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
ItsModella: mistakenly filled with diesel instead of petrol?

akpos grin

4 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Wizeboy(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
I am not in anyway surprise because nobody is perfect, some people just try to be more advanced than other.

If this type of situation happen to any African or the so-called third-world countries President, people would have been saying is because of their uncivilized or corruption or incompetence that cause it.

NO HUMAN BEING IS PERFECT!

3 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
duality: the day GEJ will take multiple vehicles and mechanics for his oversea travel, Niraland will be in flames.
GEJ deserves to travel overseas on foot.

14 Likes

Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by adexsimply(m): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
edreesabiodun: Don't know who deserves a slap more, the person that filled it with diesel rather than petrol or the person that made this news.
YOU of course
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by ask4double(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
edreesabiodun: Don't know who deserves a slap more, the person that filled it with diesel rather than petrol or the person that made this news.
lol| funny dude.
Re: Obama's Limousine Breaks Down In Israel by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
Godyke:

This is serious. So it means they travel with vehicles for ground transportation. Meehn I tire for America and their style o. When they are not going for war. shocked

That is a country that values the office of the president and therefore,they deem it fit that only noble men should occupy that sit.however in Nigeria,the reverse is the case because vagabonds have found their way into that office and its presidential status has diminished over time.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Qatar Says Europe Cannot Replace Russian Gas / EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) / Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.