Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,621 members, 7,809,290 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' (5517 Views)

Your Most Favourite Album From 2face And P Square / New Songs From The Much Expected Double Album From 9ice "Bashorun Gaa & Versus" / Not The Girl I Use To Know Song By Dare Art Alade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Manta(m): 2:20pm On May 08, 2006
Dare Art Alalade Eyes The Grammy

Born on the 9th of February in Lagos Maternity Hospital, Dare Art-Alade originally comes from Kogi State.

Nearly two years out of the Project Fame Academy, many expected Dare’s album to have been released long before now.

The album, which contains such songs as Young Man, Escalade, Fuji and Eko Ile, was launched at a red carpet ceremony on Saturday, April 8, at the Expo Centre of the prestigious Eko Hotel, in Lagos. The producers he has worked with on this album are Cobhams, Don Jazzy, El Dee and Tebogo Moloto (from Project Fame). With a general theme including love, inspiration, dance; Kenyan representative, Didge (also from the Project Fame Academy) features on one of the tracks.

In this 17-track debut album called 'From Me To You', Dare (as he is better known) has chosen different modes of expressing himself. In this regard, he can’t strictly classify his kind of music. “My kind of music is influenced by different elements. I might choose to express myself through jazz, dancehall, reggae, rap…whatever. My music is not restricted to any particular genre”, he said.

From Me To You is a dazzling debut album that closes gaps between young and old, contemporary and classic, African and Western. It’s a work of surprising maturity from a 24-year-old singer, writer, artist and composer whose seemingly infinite creative resources put him at the forefront of Storm’s new revolution in Nigerian sound.

To be an established Nigerian musician who is giving back to his people through charity, as well as having a Grammy or two if God wills, is where Dare sees himself in 20 years time.

Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by bluenubian(f): 3:01pm On May 08, 2006
is there a website we can go to to listen to his music?
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Seun(m): 8:34pm On May 08, 2006
In my candid opinion, Dare Art Alalade is not fit to be a professional musician. I mean, his music sucks. His album is not going to sell; there are no hits in there. As a musician, he lacks talent and he also lacks creativity. wink

On the other hand, he would make a very good TV Show Presenter or something. He has connections in Nollywood - all the actors were there at the launching of his album, he has charisma, he has a love for showbiz. He has what it takes to make it in the entertainment industry but not as a musician. Somebody tell him!
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by freddie1(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2006
@ Nwoke
everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but i like Dare and especially the track called Escalade!
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Seun(m): 10:28pm On May 08, 2006
Hey, people. Don't be discouraged based on what i said. Support Dare! grin
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by sade511(f): 10:32pm On May 08, 2006
Nwoke lol. . Damn.

Well I never heard of him but his picture looks nice.
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Scorpio(f): 5:06am On May 09, 2006
can someone upload at least one song from his album pweez, so i know wat i'm talkin abt. cos rt now, he's just another name cool
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Blackbuddy: 8:22am On May 09, 2006
Rather unfortunate that Nwoke has such poor musical appreciation. But then he is certainly entitled to his taste or lack of it. Dare's album is revolutionary. It's arguably the first time a Nigerian musician has released a full lenght album that caters to various tastes and blends different genres of music. The album has something for everyone. Well, almost everyone. "Escalade" is a ballad that talks of a young man's desire to have a meaningful relationship with a lady regardless of his small cash flow. "Young man", the single previously released several years ago, is a solid rap song, was a club favourite too. "Fuji" was a daring surprise to me but if you understand yoruba or appreciate fuji music, you'll feel this track for real especially with it's hip hop twist. "Eko Ile" is a salute to Lagos and life in this great city. Even if you weren't born and bred here, you can still relate to the stories about "Eko" as sung by various artistes on Storm Records (Storm Records All-Stars). "Escalade Part 2" is a club jam and also good for cranking out of your car stereo. I played this song at high volume while driving through Surulere and got much love and saw lots of bobbi[color=#000099][/color]ng heads just feeling this great remix. Never used to like Dare 'cos I used to percieve him as vain but with this album, all is forgiven.
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by micklplus(m): 9:19am On May 09, 2006
DARE is just an okay musician. Sincerely speaking, i expected more from him ! i was actually on the look out for his Album. He can definately do better especially with his international exposure.

Dare also needs to be identified with a particular kind of music ! hes got lots of stuffs and i am sure he will go places.
Cheers cheesy cheesy
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by gbadex1(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2006
who the f*ck said Dare sings mediocre sh*t angry? you think it is easy?
@Nwoke and micklplus: IMO, this is Nigerian penchant at work in your hearts. the Nigerian penchant, to never see anything good in what your fellow borther does. the cynical heart. for you to say he's untalented and his music sucks just bespeaks the Averagel cynical Nigerian. man, f*ck it. if you two feel he's below par, how about copping out your own albums. don't worry,i'll be among the first to give it a good trashing.

@nueS: you were kidding, right? about the "Dare's music sucks" thing, right?
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Scorpio(f): 8:28pm On May 09, 2006
Jisos, una wan kill persin for hia, biko, someone upload a song b4 i give my own opinion. then again, i shud go check Limewire grin
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Tetris(f): 12:51pm On May 10, 2006
i think Manta did a rather fair review on the boy. Dare's good. Deep music lovers will too appreciate "Fuji", and by that i mean peeps who don't think RKelly is the definition of all music can be. Listening to the radio can be a lesson in all sorts of ways to be embarrassed by young naija wanna-be's.

"away", ppl do def copy-cat and there's rarely anything orig for a period while everyone is maxing the juice out of, say DarkChild's mix. Unfortunately, in naija, our boys are copying the copy-cats with astonishing poor quality xerox machines. Let me not count how many songs feature "baby-girl afta-part" lines.

But now, Dare, his lyrics need tightening sha, but his musical sound is mature and has promise. He is creative.
Unfortunately, execution is less than perfect. Which is a surprise, not clear if it is a function of the naija-factor or perhaps his crew was in a hurry to roll the stuff out.

gbade. x:

who the f*ck said Dare sings mediocre sh*t angry? you think it is easy?
@Nwoke and micklplus: IMO, this is Nigerian penchant at work in your hearts. the Nigerian penchant, to never see anything good in what your fellow borther does. the cynical heart. for you to say he's untalented and his music sucks just bespeaks the Averagel cynical Nigerian. man, f*ck it. if you two feel he's below par, how about copping out your own albums. don't worry,i'll be among the first to give it a good trashing.

@nueS: you were kidding, right? about the "Dare's music sucks" thing, right?

Dude, easy. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. 'Sides, Mickplus is on your side!

@Scorpio: Unfortunately, i do not have access as yet to his music. I just hope his stuff takes in naija cos we need to raise the standard on music/song and lyrical quality and generate true and unique style,

my 5 coins.
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by micklplus(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2006
Tetris-God Bless you and Gbade.X try and read my post again ! i didnt say the guy isnt good, okay !
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by DAMMYGLOW(f): 9:57am On May 11, 2006
dare album is one of the best thing that has happened to the industry
so all you haters keep hating
and for all the lovers of good works like me
keep loving the album "from me to you"

NOTEl dare album potrays the level of his education unlike tuface (nothing dey happen)
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Seun(m): 10:06am On May 11, 2006
dare's performances remind me of Genevieve Nnaji's single. Full of glitz but lacking in what matters most. I may be wrong, but so far that's my impression. Charisma and music are two different things. (That's why 2face remains the greatest, despite the lack of polish, terrible videos, unfortunate name, and so on. His music is good.)

Can someone please post the lyrics of some of Dare's songs? I feel like tearing someone's music apart! cheesy
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Mongue(m): 1:40pm On May 11, 2006
I'm very unimpressed with Dare every time I have heard him.

Maybe he should stick to singing Hymns in a choir cause he hasn't got what it takes to really be a star!
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by babadee(m): 5:53pm On May 12, 2006
well, i really expected more from him but all i got was a mix of music under no particular genre, i mean is he RnB or fuji or hip hop or even rap? i believe the only track that makes sense on his album is skills with freestyle(trybesmen).
i think i like him as an entertainer but he needs to define himself and his music.
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by avalon: 4:16pm On May 21, 2006
lol seun.ur sentiments and mine are perfectly aligned.Dare's music is, GOSH|!
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by eveseh(f): 5:25pm On May 21, 2006
he's cool
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by IBBFan(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2006
Dare's very good, no doubt. but i'll say his song (Escalade) is non-nigerian and that would make it difficult for him to get to the majority of the Nigerian audience. if he really wants to sell BIG time, he should take that song to Hollywood.
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Badman888(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2006
the albums tite, nice songs you guys should try listen to them
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Scorpio(f): 9:16pm On May 21, 2006
uhh, Badman888, do ya have any?
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Badman888(m): 9:42pm On May 21, 2006
nope, just heared it from his website and when watching BBN
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Scorpio(f): 11:49pm On May 21, 2006
aiite cool, wat's BBN?
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by IBBFan(m): 1:05am On May 22, 2006
BBN- Big Brother Nigeria

http://www.bigbrothernigeria.com/
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Ashiwaju(m): 5:04am On May 22, 2006
He is Tight and the Album is great. Listen good at the lyrics, watch closely the concept of his videos,. I really love the 'Fuji" and "Eko Ile" track! and damn! i like the way he combines the dances with the songs. Far far beta than all Kennis Video's! His Album Launch was great and the guy is good. Inkorage the Guy oo, na fellow Naija. Big up Dare and we hope to see more where that came from!
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by sweetlife: 1:32pm On May 22, 2006
I expected more from him but I think the album is okay
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by thelma2(f): 1:44pm On May 22, 2006
Did someone hear how Dare messed up in South Africa?

He was asked the best gift he would give a 9 year old girl, guess what he said, quote " i'll make her pregnant!" unquote
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Badman888(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2006
thelma2:

Did someone hear how Dare messed up in South Africa?

He was asked the best gift he would give a 9 year old girl, guess what he said, quote " i'll make her pregnant!" unquote

thats wrong for Dare to say?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by IBBFan(m): 2:03pm On May 22, 2006
yea. he also got penalised for that statement and made a public apology. i'm sure that was the major reason (or part of) he didn't get the 1st prize.
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by thelma2(f): 3:07pm On May 22, 2006
@ IBB

You can say that again!
Re: Dare Art Alalade's Album: 'From Me To You' by Ashiwaju(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2006
Every Artist in this world has worse Personality than Dare, if he had said that,perhaps it would be a joke or something and if he meant it, i would say its one of his personality that you dont like, if r-kelly can snuff cocain, if micheal jackson can be charged for rape, if Whitney can be influenced by Crystal Meth and if tuface of all people can impregnate two girls and we still like 'em. then i see no justifcation saying Dare has messed up. We like 'em for their music and we love them for how they do their things. he's tight, he's cool and he's got a bright future ahead of him!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Of Olamide New Album Dj Mix / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Daddy Showkey – ‘showkey Again!’ / Lyrics: Yemi Alade Johnny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.