Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership (4139 Views)

Top 10 Deadly Strikers In Europe This Season / Best Strikers In The World 2013 – A List Of Top Ten Strikers / I Am One Of The Best Strikers In Nigeria - Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Skintite(f): 9:47am On May 10, 2006
Akola
y are u concerened about reyes? undecided

He didnt do so badly for a supporting striker n has indeed made alot of assists
And wenger has been playin him as a winger most of the season

Morientes was poor and so was milan baros
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2006
lordimpaq:

i would not criticize reyes why? because he played as a midfielder 80% of the time,

Maybe i am watching another Arsenal.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2006
obviously u don't agree with me,

okay,, he has not lived up to expectation as a striker, thats all, but he's effective as a winger

in essence, he's a disappointment as a striker,
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2006
lordimpaq:

obviously u don't agree with me,

okay,, he has not lived up to expectation as a striker, thats all, but he's effective as a winger

in essence, he's a disappointment as a striker,

Better analysis.

Please see what Arsenal media says about him in third paragraph : http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?thisNav=first+team&plid=60084&clid=4421&cpid=703
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Christino(m): 4:19pm On May 10, 2006
You guys are not talking about the only top striker who has not scored since 3 months, he is good at assists anyway, he has played more games since then than any striker in the world, and has scored nothing and that is no other than our own dear Aiyegbeni

That's my boy grin
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by nightrider: 6:27pm On May 10, 2006
he scored 13 goals, thats better than kanu, morientes, drogba,, cisse, i think
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by shawlar(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2006
You guys should just leave reyes n any other arsenal player alone. They are all still young boys and a lot of responsibility was thrust upon them, alot was expected from them, Thank God they were able to handle themselves.
The most disappointing striker this season has to be Drogba,, ,the guy has always been a chicken shit player, he even became worse when Cheslea spent all that money to buy him. Sure he won't be sold for half that price,
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Rare(m): 8:39pm On May 10, 2006
Asa Liverpool supporter , I'm really surprised Crouch escaped severe upbraiding in this forum!!!!!
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2006
shawlar:

You guys should just leave reyes n any other arsenal player alone. They are all still young boys and a lot of responsibility was thrust upon them, alot was expected from them,

Yes we know, they are UNTOUCHABLE in this forum.

We know they are very young, maybe Reyes is 15 years old.

shawlar:

The most disappointing striker this season has to be Drogba,, ,the guy has always been a chicken rubbish player, he even became worse when Cheslea spent all that money to buy him. Sure he won't be sold for half that price,

Probably he scored 5 premiership goals like Reyes or one premiership goal like Lumberge.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by LoverBwoy(m): 1:24am On May 11, 2006
@ Mr A.K
I'm sure you have watched most of Arsenal's game

would you really count Ljunberg as a Striker
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 1:31am On May 11, 2006
LoverBwoy:

I'm sure you have watched most of Arsenal's game

would you really count Lunberg as a Striker

I am not counting Lumberg as Striker but Reyes.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by debosky(m): 5:45am On May 11, 2006
Well in that case, a similar argument you gave in support of Drogba can be given for Reyes, He may not score that many goals, but he contributes immensely to the team's performance (highest assists), plus whether u agree or not he has been deployed as a winger not a striker
Akolawole:

Maybe i am watching another Arsenal.
Maybe you are, cos in virtually all the CL games after the group stages, Arsenal have played 4-5-1 with Henry as lone striker, Reyes as a left winger. Even in the Premiership, once Adebayor is fit, it reverts to 4-4-2 with Henry and Adebayor as the strikers. Sure we all want him to score more goals, but please, if you are played in a center forward position in most games (Ruud-Man U, Henry Arsenal, Keane- Tottenham)a player like Drogba is expected to do better, especially when you cost that much, and you're playing in such a talented side.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by eloquent(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2006
as for me,i think diddier drogba is the most dissapointing player in 2005/2006 english premiership
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Priscila(f): 10:55am On May 11, 2006
I dont know if they are strikers but these men just annoyed me.
Namely Edgar Davids of Tottenham.
With his rasters and I think goggles on top of that very aggressive and rude.
Another one is Ngotty of Bolton. Thank God he is going.
For the other players I was Impressed.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Jackal(m): 11:00am On May 11, 2006
@ debosky,
U have said it all.
A top quality side like Chelsea should have a goal-poacher that will deliver 25-30 goals in a season.
The defence and the midfield is top-draw and should be a good foundation to build relentless attacks but Chelsea hasn't found the solution to their striking department.
Etoo scores 25-30 goals every season @ Barca. Why is it so difficult for a £24m Drogba to score at least 20 goals in the last 2 seasons even when Andy Johnson and Darren Bent have done so in clubs with less quality.

In ma mind's eye i think Didier Drogba is the most disappointing striker the Premiership has ever seen.
Obafemi Martins or even Rasheed Yekini would have done a better job.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by nightrider: 12:10pm On May 11, 2006
Drogba is bad , but i don't think he is as bad as luque or crouch. Although he's expected to do more, at least he even contributes to the game.
remember mario jardel for bolton, has any striker in the premiership underperformed like that. Drogba is not a sharp striker but he is even part of the success of the team.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 1:49pm On May 11, 2006
nightrider:

Drogba is bad , but i don't think he is as bad as luque or crouch. Although he's expected to do more, at least he even contributes to the game.
remember mario jardel for bolton, has any striker in the premiership underperformed like that. Drogba is not a sharp striker but he is even part of the success of the team.

Good analysis.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by salehm(m): 5:32pm On May 11, 2006
Well i am all surprised that u guyz are not even talking about players lik Jon Stead of Sunderland who spent almost 23hours 18minutes without a premiership goal.Players like Duncan Ferguson
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by bami(m): 7:20pm On May 11, 2006
24million on drogba is money wasted
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by 4Play(m): 8:27pm On May 11, 2006
Diouf was disappointing again this season
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 8:44pm On May 11, 2006
bami:

24million on drogba is money wasted

if it was wasted then why did they win the premiership?

it was worth the buy, isn't it, afterall it was when he arrived chelsea that that they've won the premiership twice

and he played a big role too, don't forget so its not money wasted,
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 12:26am On May 12, 2006
The problem is most negative comments on Drogba here is from people who watches highlights of premiership, not the whole 90 minutes.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by sage(m): 1:59am On May 12, 2006
U guyz should stop bashing Drogba. He aint that bad. I guess he serves his use in the team his horrific finishing in one on one's notwithstanding.

R u guysz looking 4 bad strikers or dissapointments last season?

Luque----- very big flop
Pandiani--- Rifle that got stuck up and could not fire
Hesky----- Dont want to talk about that
Stead-------- Maybe he was just a reflection of his whole team?

Il soon increase the list
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Swish(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2006
Andy Cole
Reyes
Viduka
Drogba
Morientes
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by dokey2g(m): 10:01am On May 12, 2006
yeah emily hesky is the worst ,followed by bejani he is a loss to pompey. l will also want to add morientes
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by dokey2g(m): 10:10am On May 12, 2006
if we can use our mouth to kill a player,didler drogba must have be dead a long time ago.

well he is a disapointment to chelsea this season but the coach likes him. and l don't know why nigeria's hate that man as a player.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Skintite(f): 12:27pm On May 12, 2006
Mine actually increased after that offside goal against nija in egypt undecided
And the fluke goal against arsenal at the brigde grin
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2006
dokey2g:

if we can use our mouth to kill a player,didler drogba must have be dead a long time ago.

well he is a disapointment to chelsea this season but the coach likes him. and l don't know why nigeria's hate that man as a player.

Now i know why it is not needed to respond to every tom,dick and harry.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by 4Play(m): 2:54pm On May 12, 2006
It is true that Drogba is a good player.The full extent of his contribution can be seen from the fact that he had the highest number of assists in the league.
However for a player that cost £24million,he is not good enough to justify that price.When you think of ETOO[£17m],Van Nistlerooy[£19m],you can see he has not justified the price tag.Mourinho signed him to score 30 goals a season and at the time compared him to Henry,nobody can say he has been vindicated.
I won't say he is disappointing because I never rated him initially.He had only one good season at Marseille and people started praising him prematurely.He is a good player to sign for about £12m
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Akolawole(m): 3:22pm On May 12, 2006
@4Play

Good Analysis.
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by Christino(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2006
Drogba is the worst player shocked Hmnnn, a commentator said the fear of Drogba is the beginning of wisdom - ask Senderos!

All ya running your mouth had better go to Bayern Munich and see who's been the highest goal scorer for four seasons. And if Drogba wasn't laying balls for Lampard, how would it have been?

If you say Drogba is bad, remember Chelsea have paraded stars like Top scorer Adrian Mutu (no doubt he has paid his dues), Kezman (38 goals in 35 games before arrival), Hernan Crespo, Hasselbaink (World class goal scoring machine - check out his records in Spain), just name it.

Above all, Drogba has been the best, take it or leave it. In fact, if you are a nigerian, it is advisable to keep shut for the sake of fair play. Enyeama's "pata" was not a fluke either! grin
Re: Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership by lordimpaq(m): 7:05am On May 13, 2006
@christino

when did u start analysing football, ?

not bad anyway,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Has 4-4-2 Been Replaced By 4-2-3-1? / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 / Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.