Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,896 members, 7,866,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

Do we have Slave Mentality??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do we have Slave Mentality??? (745 Views)

Patience Jonathan Crying While Mourning Bayelsa Women That Died In Accident(pic) / ‎''black'' People Don't Read! – So Sad ( I Feel Like Crying For My Race, Is This Who We Are???) / Ali (pdp Chairman) To Represent Nigeria As Ambassador, Oh I Feel Like Crying! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do we have Slave Mentality??? by vevcommedia(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
It makes me sad the way Nigerians always criticize and look down on themselves. I was just reading a story about a yahoo guy who got caught. For the record, what he did was wrong and he should go to jail. I was however shocked to find the discussion moving to how blacks are the worst people on earth and whites are the good ones. In particular this message nearly made me cry:

"Stop your racist comments, please!
Anyone who believes whites are the biggest scammers is fooling themselves bigtime.
It's a question of opportunity, not race."

How can someone with some intelligence say that? Just watching the documentary "INSIDE JOB", you'll see how the whites (bankers) fooled the entire world and got away scot free. Bailouts and bonuses. Someone even had the audacity to say its the black bankers, citing one Ghanaian banker caught for illegal betting. do you look on our roads? Whites have got us by the balls. We buy their iPads, range rovers, phones, clothes, what do we make ourselves? Our factories are bought by them; and locked up, to ensure we continue patronizing them. Aided with our corrupt officials, any effort made by well meaning people are sabotaged. We cant refine oil, we import rice, fish etc. A common practice now when making contract presentations is to hire white people (models) to boost the profile of your company. The whites are told to reply quickly and speak in a strong accent. The committee members nod their heads, and refuse to ask too many questions not to look stupid. This is true, ask around. Sad I know, but it gets results.

Please, the mature ones here, what is the way forward?

1 Like

Re: Do we have Slave Mentality??? by Itoroetti(m): 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Africans as a whole do under rate themselves that's why we are poor both mentally and otherwise.I can't see why we have the most human and natural resources in the world,yet we are the poorest.
Re: Do we have Slave Mentality??? by otokx(m): 11:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
sad
Re: Do we have Slave Mentality??? by birdman(m): 12:02am On Mar 22, 2013
Your concern is good, but dont over do it. The smartest black activists tend to die of aneurysms, because they see further than others, and get depressed thinking. You are of no use to anybody if you die from high blood pressure. The fact that your peers dont even get what you are talking about may mean that you have found your calling. If you are a praying person, maybe ask for guidance on what you should do. Then find role models you can emulate - dont limit yourself to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do we have Slave Mentality??? by vevcommedia(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2013
thanks for the replies.

I just dont know the way forward, maybe education will help us. But at the current rate, it might take decades for us to achieve mass literacy. the funny thing is, the cabals in power wont allow people with better ideas to get there. If you are not "packaging" something for them, your idea can go to hell.

They(whites) do us more harm than good. They might build some factories, and give us some jobs, but see the whole picture. 90% of profits is repatriated back to their countries. In effect, just raping us of our natural resource to build better cities for themselves. Local content law was passed to protect our oil revenues, but yet? Nigerian fronts, corrupt officials and nothing has changed.

Poor Nigeria or Africa for that matter

(1) (Reply)

Red Cross Says 187, Not 185, Died In Borno Village, Baga, During JTF, Boko Haram / James Mccormick Guilty Of Selling Fake Bomb Detectors / Juju Campaign!!!! Hon.fola Olaseinde Don Turn Him Duplex To Shrine Unto 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.