Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting (613 Views)

Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents / Jonathan Reconciles With Obasanjo And Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting / Lamido Teases Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by godello: 6:48am On Mar 22, 2013
A civil society group, Say No Campaign, yesterday, requested the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, under Sections 1(1), 1(2) and 3 of the Freedom of Information Act, to furnish it with copies of the minutes of the National Council of State meeting of March 12, 2013 where pardon was granted to convicted former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diprieye Alamesieigha and six others.

The group, in a statement by Ezenwa Nwagwu and Awal Musa, said: “This request is premised on the need for Nigerians to know how this ridiculous decision was reached especially against the backdrop of denials by some members of the National Council of State that the pardons were not discussed.

“If this assertion is true, it raises serious question on the legal validity of this decision and effectively annuls these pardons.

“We are hoping that the SGF will expeditiously attend to this request in the interest of rule of law and transparency.”
Re: SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by Demdem(m): 6:51am On Mar 22, 2013
I second this request. Let's see if the FOI law the retardeen signed works.
We really need to know the fools and sycophants that joined the retardeen in granting Alams pardon.
Re: SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 22, 2013
Where's your source?
Well, I won't comment in respect to this,
I will just be on the background,
Scrutinising, And grading people's
Grammars.
Re: SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 22, 2013
Why this pardon thing again? I am tired of it
Re: SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by Ngwakwe: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2013
According to freedom of Information bill the Executive will gag the document as a State secret while arguing that the disclosure will endanger the life of the Council members who were either present or voted for it.

Secondly, the whole argument that it was the Council of State that pardoned Alam is a whitewash as the President has the capacity to ditch their decision because it was never binding on him (the Council's decisions were rather advisory) .

The President would rather save face by accepting responsibility that he believe Alam met the criteria for the pardon hence his decision while referring to the Pardon Clinton gave to his brother the Drug Pusher.
Re: SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by godello: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
emmysenior: Where's your source?
Grammars.
source THSDAY NEWSPAPER 21-3-2013
Re: SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by Demdem(m): 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: According to freedom of Information bill the Executive will gag the document as a State secret while arguing that the disclosure will endanger the life of the Council members who were either present or voted for it.

Secondly, the whole argument that it was the Council of State that pardoned Alam is a whitewash as the President has the capacity to ditch their decision because it was never binding on him (the Council's decisions were rather advisory) .

The President would rather save face by accepting responsibility that he believe Alam met the criteria for the pardon hence his decision while referring to the Pardon Clinton gave to his brother the Drug Pusher.

Deeperlifer, never knew u could this sensible. I like ur post.
Re: SGF Urged To Produce Minutes Of Council Of State Meeting by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
emmysenior: Where's your source?
Grammars.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Are Third-rate Citizens In Nigeria – Kalu / NCAA Suspends Amaechi’s Plane From Ever flying Again / President Jonathan, Most Abused President In The History Of Nigeria: Nwanyawu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.