Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Esp In Cars: Wats Up With It - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Esp In Cars: Wats Up With It (1475 Views)

Fix Your Car Stereo, Cd Player, Dstv And Dvd In Cars And Also Crazy Leather Seat / Husky 5000 Wats Generator 10 + Hp Model 030436 For Sale,price N130K / Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Esp In Cars: Wats Up With It by kuntash: 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2008
Good people, watsup with this Electronic stability program in cars- (ESP), from d explaination on a documentary I watched sometime ago - it seem so cool, Now, all these cars that are advertised here - has any ESP, has anyone used/tried a car that has it (practically). Kinda curious , I would recommend this feature in cars used on Abuja roads if it can really respond to a sudden braking etc. (dem say the sensor controlling the stuff process info 25 times/second), Siena, Ivvie, any comment?
Re: Esp In Cars: Wats Up With It by kuntash: 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2008
Bump!! grin
Re: Esp In Cars: Wats Up With It by unforgiven: 7:29am On Mar 29, 2008
i am all ears wink
Re: Esp In Cars: Wats Up With It by proo212(m): 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2008
I'll bite and I'm sure more learned people will chip in as time goes on.

ESP,EDC et al. Manufacturers have different names for the same thing.

Like it said, electronic stability program/control. This helps by using the cars' braking system to prevent skidding by braking individual wheels as when needed when "the program" notices slippage on any or all the four wheels. The system works with the ABS.

This also works with the traction control by limiting the engine power to the driven wheels to help with traction or giving more power to the driven wheels with the best grip.

(1) (Reply)

Inspired Photo On Inspired Profile At Last / 2005 Beetle Convertible N1.6m / 2011 Mack Granite Transit Mixer 4sale. 4 Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.