Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go (1562 Views)

Oga At The Top Story #thats All / Any Poetry Contest Sites 'round : / Poetry Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by wumifab(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2013
24 hours to go hurry now.

We all have “OGA AT THE TOP”...
The question isn’t do you have one but rather
Who is your OGA AT THE TOP?
In this 11 day contest, participants are challenged to tell us about
that OGA AT THE TOP that makes their lives unbearable
or help make worth living.
Is OGA your impatient boss at work or your loving husband?
It could even be your never satisfied lecturer or the most high
God (the list is endless). We all have OGAs so let’s tell the world
how we feel about them.

COMPETITION RULES
Submit one well written creative poem with the theme:
“MY OGA AT THE TOP”. Each poem should contain the
Author’s full names, Age, Sex, Email Address, Current Address, [/b]Nationality, Phone number and
a one paragraph write-up about the person who inspired the poem.

[b]PRIZES

Ten winners get an all-expense paid publishing deal valued at
over N150,000 each which can be SOLD OR GIVEN AWAY plus
a year supply of MagicWand books and their winning poems will be
show-cased in our “My Oga At the Top” poetry collection (book)

20 others get to have their poems featured in “My Oga At The Top”
poetry collection (book) plus a year supply of MagicWand books.

Submit poems to- submit@booksbymagicwand.com.ng
Poems should be submitted with the email subject "My Oga At the Top" and
sent in as a microsoft word attachment.

Terms and conditions apply.

• The decision of our in-house judges will be final.
• Only winners/short-listed contestants will be contacted and published online by 5th of April
• Submitted works must original and never published prior to submission both in print and online.
• Poems to be compiled in the poetry collection are strictly at our discretion.
• Sale or transfer of publishing deal offer will not involve the firm. Winner only needs to inform the firm of his/her decision to transfer publishing deal offer via a signed mail.
• Publishing deal must be redeemed in 60 days after the winners are announced. Deals that are not redeemed will be forfeited.
• Publishing deal covers all work with black and white inside pages only and full colour back cover. It does not cover magazines, photo book, catalogue or any material with coloured inside pages.
• All submitted poems can be used at will but will always carry the name of the original author. Such use will accrue no financial return to the author but huge promotional benefit to such author.
• Terms and conditions are generally subject to change.

[b][/b]

Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by Mynd44: 9:49am On Mar 22, 2013
Is this some kind of joke?
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by wumifab(m): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2013
Hello Moderator,
Please could you help move this topic to the front page please. It's an 11 day contest and helping
us move it to the front page may help someone who is badly in need of an opportunity to be heard.
For some people, winning this competition will be a dream come true for them. Let's not make them
miss this chance. They will be grateful you helped.
Thanks
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by wumifab(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2013
No it's not a joke.
Please visit www.booksbymagicwand.com.ng to know more about the promoters.

Writers are creative people so lets do something creative together.

Though funny yet creative
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by Popowaa: 9:58am On Mar 22, 2013
Wow
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by dubem3(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2013
these guys just shifted gear.
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by ijebabe: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
LMAO! Please where are the contestants? cheesy
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by wumifab(m): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
time is running out...7 days to go!
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by LarrySun(m): 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
I'd rather wait for the prose contest. I'm a total klutz at poetry.

And, longest of times, Wunmi. How have you been? You went totally off NL. sad
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by wumifab(m): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
@larry-sun, na work o make me run for nairaland.
prose takes more time to come up with. the time is short and we don't want poorly written submissions. we may have a prose contest coming up in few months. enter for this or tell pple about it may be the leverage they've been looking for.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by timpaker(m): 11:46am On Mar 25, 2013
You didn't state the form at which the poem can be written.
Can one write on any poetry form of his/her choice?
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by wumifab(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
@timpaker...any form of poetry is acceptable. just be creative and have it properly edit.
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by princesa(f): 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
never really like 'this oga at the top' ish
so how do i write when i don't feel it

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by repogirl(f): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2013
Lemme see if I can turn poem writer overnight.
Re: My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go by wumifab(m): 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
@repogirl; u have only 4 more days for the metamorphosis...time is running out.
@princea; Huhhhhhhhhhh

(1) (Reply)

SIMPLY LOVE ARTICLES AND QUOTES / How She Make Me Donate My Sperm (1) / What If......? This Build Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.