Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Your Life Or Your Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Life Or Your Job? (686 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Life Or Your Job? by DoubleFaith(m): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Just a scenario: You have a good banking job in a crisis ridden area like Damaturu. Unfortunately for you the crisis took another dimension wherein the targets are mostly people of your origin. And your office is not making any effort to transfer you. Will you risk it and stay or will you resign and leave to live and look for another job?
Re: Your Life Or Your Job? by suqexconcepts(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mr. man, as for me, My life first! when there life, there is hope.
but many Nigerians will be afraid of not getting another job hence stay and loose their life.
My fiancée was working in a fast food joint here in Lagos. she started in closeby branch but after awhile she was posted to a long distance branch
without salary increment. she hardly had enough rest because she closes late and wake too early. i told her to stop the job but she refused until
when she terribly fall sick. after recovery, she went back to work as usual. unfortunately they told her "sorry madam, your service is no longer needed"
Why? because she didn't pick their calls when she was away for treatment. My Fellow Nigerians ~~ your service is needed because you are alive...so consider your life first before your job.

2 Likes

Re: Your Life Or Your Job? by damep: 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re: Your Life Or Your Job? by DoubleFaith(m): 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
suqexconcepts: Mr. man, as for me, My life first! when there life, there is hope.
but many Nigerians will be afraid of not getting another job hence stay and loose their life.
My fiancée was working in a fast food joint here in Lagos. she started in closeby branch but after awhile she was posted to a long distance branch
without salary increment. she hardly had enough rest because she closes late and wake too early. i told her to stop the job but she refused until
when she terribly fall sick. after recovery, she went back to work as usual. unfortunately they told her "sorry madam, your service is no longer needed"
Why? because she didn't pick their calls when she was away for treatment. My Fellow Nigerians ~~ your service is needed because you are alive...so consider your life first before your job.

Life first my brother. It cant be more than 'a munite silent.'

(1) (Reply)

. / A Must Read For All:tips For Advancing Your Career. / MIS Officer, Oando Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.