Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Between Evra And Abidal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Evra And Abidal (3983 Views)

Funny Warm Up Pictures Of UCL 2015! Suarez Vs Chiellini+evra / My Tribute To Patrice Evra!!! Man. Utd Fans Drop Yours Here!!! / PSG & Monaco To Tempt Evra With Huge Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Evra And Abidal by Nobody: 2:38am On Mar 29, 2008
Between Evra and Abidal who is better.i believe that when it comes to the Les blues,Abidal is better,
because he is a combactive deffender unlike Evra that always going on couter attack.that is why Abidal
will find it difficult playing for teams like manchester UTD,Arsenal fc etc.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by doyin13(m): 2:48am On Mar 29, 2008
I would have to say Evra. . . .Coming from Monaco, I hadn't been too impressed with his football
but the boy has grown leaps this season.

He provides an attacking threat and he is more than adequate defensively.

Abidal on the other hand is limited offensively. He cannot take on a player like Evra has shown
and he is pretty much limited to the predictable 1-2 football
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by McOmo(m): 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2008
Abidal is sh@t cool

how does he ever get to make the French team shocked

he plays only fairly well playing alongside Malouda . . .talk of 2 sh@t players complimenting one another grin grin
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by bosunk: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2008
DOPEHEADS what do u know,bring evra to laliga and u will see how they will disgrace himm and also dribble his legs out abidal is far more thecnical and tactically gone,but since when he came to liga thy have dribbled is legs out of is body.What are u guys saying,when cannavarro was in italy he was very good,he was named world player,but he came to liga and as picked many red card that is available grin
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by hahaha2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2008
Adibal's short comings are clear to see when he is up against a winger who posses any form of pace and guile, most recently David Odonkor(remember him from the world cup Germany's Ikedia) in the Betis - Barcelona game, once Odonkor came on he caused Abidal all sort of problems, so Abidal ain't so solid defensively, and in an attacking sense Abidal dosent come anywhere close to Evra. Patrice makes that whole left flank is domain boming from one goal kick line to the other, and he aint so bad defensively either.

So taking that into cognizance i will pick Evra ahead of Abidal, Abidal just edges Evra in the defensive aspect, while Evra is leaps and bounds ahead of Abidal in the offensive department.

So its Evra for me.
Note:Not a Man u fan
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by bosunk: 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2008
and what makes evra good in offensive,ho in that crap league of yours.abidal was raped by a garman machine,that is the quality of the liga,if he was good then the french coach whould have used him,against england,instead he opt for abidal and they where strong both offensive and deffensive grin
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by hahaha2(m): 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2008
bosunk:

and what makes evra good in offensive,ho in that crap league of yours.abidal was raped by a garman machine,that is the quality of the liga,if he was good then the french coach whould have used him,against england,instead he opt for abidal and they where strong both offensive and deffensive grin

My crappy league as four teams in the UCL quarter finals, yours as only one.

Raymond Domenech is the kind of coach that does not like to try new things, once he has his mind made up on a particular starting 11 its very hard to break in. Ask Trezeguet(France top scorer this season after Benzema), Evra provides more of an attacking threat.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by vikiviko(m): 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2008
Both palyers plays top flight football for Man utd and Barcelona.

Evra is more attack minded, while Abidal is strong defending.

For now in the french national Abidal seems to have the edge because he plays regularly.

But i think Evra is really improved.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by RuuDie(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2008
Evra's the man. . . . . . His only flaw is lack of height & physical presence!
Abidal's a good man 2 man marker, reads the game well but when u're literally flying @ him, he's a waste bag, more or less. Offensively, he's zilch!
Domenech's just dazed by the fact that he's a Barca regular & no more!
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by tosinadeda: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
Gael clichy
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by Ibime(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2008
Mc Omo:

he plays only fairly well playing alongside Malouda . . .talk of 2 sh@t players complimenting one another grin grin

This is a very good observation - but I won't go as far as calling Abidal rubbish.

That is because their strength lies in playing one-two's. Malouda is the only winger I know who can't dribble and only gets past his man by playing one-two's.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by JUNIT1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2008
yeah tosin i would also go with the youngest gael clichy
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by dayokanu(m): 7:38am On Apr 01, 2008
I checked Evra and saw that he has 9 caps at 27 years just like Benzema who is 20yrs Ben Arfa 20years has 7 caps and Samir Nasri 20 years has 9 caps Yet someone said Domenech does not try new things.

Why did Santini leave him out of the squad? After Lizarazu the position was open and Evra had the edge due to the fact that Monaco played the UCL final then he was tested and fell below par. What does he want to add to the French team? without him they played the world cup final.

You can tell us Abidal was outdone by Odonkor, In the EPL how many outstanding skill full and pacy winger play against Evra the only one in the EPL plays in Man Utd - Ronaldo

Evra is below par Clichy has improved but he is also not up to grade for now. I stay with Abidal
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by hahaha2(m): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2008
@dayokanu
You made some good points but,

Most of the young players you mentioned got a large number of their caps in 'B' team friendlies as well as subs appearances.Domenech is a very pragmatic coach and to a large extent no matter what these young guns do in training or how exceptional their talent is malouda,henry,ribery, wil still start ahead of Them(Ben arfa,benzema and Nasri). Domenech dosen't like to stir things up.

The reason why evra has had a few caps for a long time is because he was an average player trying to get into an exceptional french team, but now its kinda the other way around considering the fact that Patrice has improved is game over the last two seasons or so. Some players are late developers and usually peak when they are between the ages of 27&29 probably Evra is one.

You can tell us Abidal was outdone by Odonkor, In the EPL how many outstanding skill full and pacy winger play against Evra the only one in the EPL plays in Man Utd - Ronaldo
I hope u aren't insinuating that Odonkor is actually an outstanding player, as regards to your question there are a lot of outstanding wingers in joe cole, malouda,lenon,bentley just to name a few. Wing football is an endeagered tatic in spanish football, none of the big teams actually make use of wingers anymore, but wing football is still alive and kicking in England, england defiantely has a lot more and a lot better wingers.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by bosunk: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2008
thank u my guy den no go understand am all uniteds back four are average,a wes brown not a regular at country level and so on,am telling u guys to bring terry to liga and he will be disgraced,let him ask from is papa cannavarro grin
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by McOmo(m): 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2008
@Dayokanu

u are sick cool angry

if u feel cos Abidal is in the French team ahead of Evra amd Clicchy he is better then u need to see an angel minister to u . . . .ur life is about being wrecked tongue

Abidal is not even half as good as the dude playing 3 for Germany fuckever he is grin
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by dayokanu(m): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2008
I hope u aren't insinuating that Odonkor is actually an outstanding player, as regards to your question there are a lot of outstanding wingers in joe cole, malouda,lenon,bentley just to name a few. Wing football is an endeagered tatic in spanish football, none of the big teams actually make use of wingers anymore, but wing football is still alive and kicking in England, england defiantely has a lot more and a lot better wingers.

@Hahaha, Like your name I laugh out loud Bentley, Lennon, Malouda, Joe Cole, Have you thought of Robinho, Messi, Aguero, Simao, Robben, Diego Capel, Jesus Navas, Joaquin, David SIlva, Joseba Exteberria of those days, Ronaldinho at his prime attacks mostly from the left and woe betide any right full back. Odonkor might not be skillful but he makes use of his only asset which is pace. Remember Tijani Babangida?

Most of the young players you mentioned got a large number of their caps in 'B' team friendlies as well as subs appearances.Domenech is a very pragmatic coach and to a large extent no matter what these young guns do in training or how exceptional their talent is malouda,henry,ribery, wil still start ahead of Them(Ben arfa,benzema and Nasri). Domenech dosen't like to stir things up.

Why is it that Evra and Clichy dont even play these grade B games for France? at least if Abidal is too big to play grade B games, a player like Evra or Clichy would be thought of.

@MC Omo

Abidal is not even half as good as the dude playing 3 for Germany fuckever he is
You are talking about the best left full back in the world Phillip Lahm

if u feel because Abidal is in the French team ahead of Evra amd Clicchy he is better then u need to see an angel minister to u

I wonder which coach would leave a better player out for a mediocre one. Mean while why did Santini not consider him?

Why does Domenech prefer Diarra to Sagna or chimbonda?
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2008
I have had you all abidal fans,anyway let pray for man u vs barca clash
at semi,with barca having messi and man u having Ronaldo.
atleast this will help in exposing both players.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by tkb417(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2008
Evra below par?
thats the craziest line in footy analysis. . .

@Topic
Evra is the best leftback in the EPL, Clichy is closing in and i forsee that boi doing wonders in the nearest future

Evra not playing for France cos of Abidal is just a matter of time, i think after the tie between the two teams (United vs Barca) we will see clearly.

Does Fab4 command a first team shirt for spain? NO. is he supposed to be commanding a first team shirt ? YES
Thats the scenario with Evra, he has grown and i think hes presently better than Abidal and even the Lahm you mentioned.

@Dayokanu
how old is Luca Toni? im sure hes over 30, when did he start playing for Italy?
did he play when he was 27? NO

what about Almunia, how old is he? is he playing regularly for Spain? NO, but on current form, hes the best goalie for Spain. will the coach in Spain use him? NO
Think objectively b4 u post, u dont need to post anything when your brain is blank
some people will get their chance when they are close to 30. Thats the nature of the game
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by McOmo(m): 1:23am On Apr 04, 2008
tkb417:

Evra below par?
thats the craziest line in footy analysis. . .

@Topic
Evra is the best leftback in the EPL, Clichy is closing in and i forsee that boi doing wonders in the nearest future

Evra not playing for France because of Abidal is just a matter of time, i think after the tie between the two teams (United vs Barca) we will see clearly.

Does Fab4 command a first team shirt for spain? NO. is he supposed to be commanding a first team shirt ? YES
Thats the scenario with Evra, he has grown and i think hes presently better than Abidal and even the Lahm you mentioned.

@Dayokanu

what about Almunia, how old is he? is he playing regularly for Spain? NO, but on current form, hes the best goalie for Spain. will the coach in Spain use him? NO
Think objectively before u post, u don't need to post anything when your brain is blank
some people will get their chance when they are close to 30. Thats the nature of the game
#

u had to dig deep for this . . .I must say this is the best post I have read from u ever cool
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Apr 04, 2008

@Topic

Evra not playing for France because of Abidal is just a matter of time, i think after the tie between the two teams (United vs Barca) we will see clearly.

OK you said Evra is not playing for France because of Abidal which mean Abidal is better.

@Dayokanu

Think objectively before u post, u don't need to post anything when your brain is blank
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by dayokanu(m): 7:06am On Apr 04, 2008
@Dayokanu

Luca debuted for Italy at 27 years Evra had his debut much younger in 2004 same with Abidal. Evra even had a higher profile as he played in Monaco who were in UCL finals while Abidal was in Lille so How come Evra was dropped out of the equation for Abidal? Simple he was not good enough.

I think you should think more before you post. Almunia has never been and can never be better than Cassilas who is number one. I doubt if you watch football at all? Cassilas has been one of the top 3 goalies in the world for the past 5 years yet you mention Almunia. Almunia and Casilass. IS that not bordering on Insanity? tongue tongue
Very soon it would be Eboue vs Lahm.

Evra got his chance much earlier and who are the wingers that play against Evra in EPL? David Bentley and Malouda can not driblle past a pole even if their lives depended on it. Malouda is just like playing Garba Lawal as left winger

Or is it Lennon or who does Evra face. the only good winger plays in Evra's team
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by 4Play(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2008
Almunia Spanish No1 ? shocked Better than Valdes of Barca,Cassillas of Real,Reina of Liverpool and Palop of Sevilla? Almunia won't even make Spanish top 10 keepers.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by dayokanu(m): 7:41am On Apr 04, 2008
Almunia Spanish No1 ? Shocked Better than Valdes of Barca,Cassillas of Real,Reina of Liverpool and Palop of Sevilla? Almunia won't even make Spanish top 10 keepers.
TKB did not know Cassilas was Spanish he thought Casillas is from Togo
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by hustler(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2008
tkb417:

Oga was this a posting error Almunia no 1 goalie in spain??Have u heard about Casillas?Even Diego Lopez of Villareal is miles ahead of ALmuniia, Canizares sef, God knows i would still take Ejide over Almunia sef,

Defensively i think Abidal edges Evra, Cant really judge Evra's attacking prowess until i see him do it against stiff competition. However, it must be said that Evra has benefited from regular playing time at United and has improved a great deal,

P.S,

A lot has been said about Abidal being skinned by Odonkor, Who wouldn't with dat pace of a cheetah, Evra?
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by tkb417(m): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2008
@4play and hustler
My people, i never said Almunia is better than Cacillas. What im saying is, on current form, Almunia can be called to Spain to justify the improvement in form but will the coach call him? NO

@Dayokanu
You know where i channel my energy now? Candlesticks, doji, dragonfly and stuffs like that. Thats the only way i can retire @ age 40 not ur useless and moronic footie analysis.
If Almunia was from Togo, how on earth will i say he should be called to Spain?
Valdes and Pepe Reina (lmao). Those chaps are not better than Paul Robinson. They are shitty!!!

Evra wont break into status quo cos the coach will prefer continuity and it will only take a dip in form for Abidal for Evra to be called upon. Evra plays for the best team in the world, hes a member of the team that has conceeded less in europe. That defence line is being celebrated everywhere in europe . Barca's defence is known to be porous and its known to be their weakest link, Abidal is an integral part of that defence, Valdes is a major culprit.

Like i said, the match between the two clubs will decide.
what about Luca? he debuted 3 years ago and so? when did he become a regular?
Evra debuted about 3 years ago and soon he will be a regular. hes not nearing 30 yet so whats the fuss?

who told you Lille is a small club? check their feats in lique 1 and the UCL in the last 5 years.
No need to argue with you, you and i know you dont watch soceer but read the internet
so tape it

@hustler
Lopez and canizares ( rflmao) now ure a jester
Ejide ko ejide ni
Canizares is a freaking nutcase, check what he does presently. He should retire
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by hustler(m): 10:34am On Apr 04, 2008
tkb417:

@hustler
Lopez and canizares ( rflmao) now ure a jester
Ejide ko ejide ni
Canizares is a freaking nutcase, check what he does presently. He should retire

But seriously speaking, i think i'd pick Lopez over Almunia and even over the error prone Valdes on current form.

Sentiments aside.Lopez has been fantastic this season and i'm rooting for him to be picked for the Euro championship, But we know he will be battling for dat 3rd goalie spot with Canizares and Valdes and not Almunia, lol.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2008
@Hustler
i think the top 3 will still be Casillas, valdes and Canizares/Reina
i dont think Lopez and almunia will be called upon.
just as you think Lopez has improved, ditto Almunia
i believe he is peaking at the wrong time of his career, but who knows?
Goalkeepers tend to get better with age just like Wine, so lets siddon and look.

Whats your take between Barca and United?
I know you belong to another bloc.(Dayokanuism) while i belong to (jackalism)
Dont worry, the die is cast
we shall all see
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by hustler(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2008
tkb417:

Whats your take between Barca and United?
I know you belong to another bloc.(Dayokanuism) while i belong to (jackalism)
Dont worry, the die is cast
we shall all see

Lol, Truthfully speaking, i would love to have that semifinal as it would be an European epic, One thing i can guarantee is that there would be goals. I would want to think that with Messi back, Barca would pose more of an attacking threat than United, For United for them to get the best out of Ronaldo, they shld play him on the right against Abidal as Zambrotta really steps up in those kinda games.

But it would be hard for United seeing that if this fixture comes up it would be the first real test of their UCL might as they have not really faced a heavyweight in this yr's competition. It would be mentally tasking

But wait a min oooo Roma and Schalke are not entirely out yet are they?
Totti and Rakitic will be back for the next game for both clubs and they could each get hattricks.lol
Lets begin analysis next week.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2008
@ ABIDAL FANS
I 'VE NEVER SEEN WHERE EVRA WAS DISGRACE THE WAY
ABIDAL WAS DISGRACE BY ROBERTO PIRES
IN BARCA VS VILLAREAL MATCH
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by dayokanu(m): 6:41am On Apr 07, 2008
How many quality wingers capable of disgracing a full back do we have in the EPL to start with.
Re: Between Evra And Abidal by dayokanu(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2008
Hope you saw Evra's sterling display over the weekend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Ngolo Kante's Lookalike Who Was Spotted In Daura, Katsina State(photos) / Eagles, Black Stars May Miss CAN 2012! / Cycling Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.