Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night (1954 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation / An Islamic Perspective On The Illuminati (A Must Read by All Muslims) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by Plato4real: 6:27am On Mar 23, 2013
Salam my brothers and sisters in islam, some of us find ourselves in camp and join in the activities with seeking the islamic point of veiw of the activities. pls what is the islamic perspective of camp fire night
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by maclatunji: 6:47am On Mar 23, 2013
^It encourages vices such as consumption of alcohol and indiscriminate sex. Go to the mosque and attend their programme usually tagged 'Paradise Night'.
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by Plato4real: 7:10am On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji: ^It encourages vices such as consumption of alcohol and indiscriminate sex. Go to the mosque and attend their programme usually tagged 'Paradise Night'.
Thanks but I want proof, so has to be able to talk to others
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by maclatunji: 8:27am On Mar 23, 2013
^I don't know what you want proof for exactly, but I hope this helps http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=1461
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by Plato4real: 8:46am On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji: ^I don't know what you want proof for exactly, but I hope this helps http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=1461
Thanks
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by deols(f): 10:14am On Mar 23, 2013
Can you tell what happens during the camp night?
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by Plato4real: 10:39am On Mar 23, 2013
deols: Can you tell what happens during the camp night?
There will be a huge fire at the center of the camp parade ground, then there will be running round the fire, singing, dancing and a lot more.
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by sino(m): 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
Camp fire night promotes lots of vices just as mac said, you gain nothing at all, so why waste your time and energy? You said it yourself, there would be consumption of alcohol, singing, dancing and 'free mixing' of the opposite sex which can lead to more haram things.

You can try to pasuade your friends, Death can come at anytime, would they want to die participating in something which is haram?

While i was in camp, even though we never had the camp fire night, due to security reasons, a day before we got posted to our ppa, the whole of the camp turned into another thing, most corps members were in a kind of a frenzy, a lot of bad things happened that night. The following day, we got posted and some corps members were involved in a ghastly accident. Some corps members lost their lives in that accident. Now imagine someone, after the whole camp fire night, getting mixed up in haram activities only for him to lose his life the following day or even during the night, what would such a person say to his lord?

May Allah protect us from the evil that is abound in our society amiin.
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by maclatunji: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
^Most people see the camp in general and the camp fire night as the platform for sexcapades. There was very heavy rain that prevented the camp fire night during my time. We were at the mosque having prayers when the violent storm lifted about 60 per cent of the roof. If only you could see us hurdled together like wet chickens trapped in a rainstorm.

The hopes of having a 'wild time' was dashed for many corpers that night. To give you an idea of how big that rainstorm was, it knocked out the host community's electricity for years.
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by Plato4real: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
sino: Camp fire night promotes lots of vices just as mac said, you gain nothing at all, so why waste your time and energy? You said it yourself, there would be consumption of alcohol, singing, dancing and 'free mixing' of the opposite sex which can lead to more haram things.

You can try to pasuade your friends, Death can come at anytime, would they want to die participating in something which is haram?

While i was in camp, even though we never had the camp fire night, due to security reasons, a day before we got posted to our ppa, the whole of the camp turned into another thing, most corps members were in a kind of a frenzy, a lot of bad things happened that night. The following day, we got posted and some corps members were involved in a ghastly accident. Some corps members lost their lives in that accident. Now imagine someone, after the whole camp fire night, getting mixed up in haram activities only for him to lose his life the following day or even during the night, what would such a person say to his lord?

Salam thanks for the admonition. where do u serve during your time.
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by sino(m): 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
^Benue state, still serving though.,.

@mac, the mindset of most youths nowadays is quite frustrating, the level of corruption is very alarming. The whole camping experience and NYSC in general makes me scared the kind of tomorrows leaders we'll be having.
May Allah guide and guard us amin.

1 Like

Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by maclatunji: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
^If I follow the things that happened in camp, I would find it difficult to trust women in terms of looking at marriage- good thing I seem to have forgotten it. I hope my subconciousness is not using it though.
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
sino: Camp fire night promotes lots of vices just as mac said, you gain nothing at all, so why waste your time and energy? You said it yourself, there would be consumption of alcohol, singing, dancing and 'free mixing' of the opposite sex which can lead to more haram things.

as much as i am sad about the loss of lives of those promising young men and women,i see nothing wrong in camp fire night,its just for healthy fun unfortunatly many copers have used that as an opportunity to defile themselves in so many sinful things.i am not a muslim though but wherever you are whether camp,office,school etc,there is no place that evil does not abound,it is left for you to determine what you want to do and ensuring that your lifestyle and activities are pleasing to the lord.who told you you cannot join in the camp fire night without polluting your body with alchol,fornication and all forms of immorality,it is your perogative and you are the ceo of your life,i dont believe in environmental influences,it is if you want to join that you will join
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
maclatunji: ^If I follow the things that happened in camp, I would find it difficult to trust women in terms of looking at marriage- good thing I seem to have forgotten it. I hope my subconciousness is not using it though.
the truth of the matter is as much as there are wayward women and women of easy virtue every where,there are also decent,God fearing women that have respect for themselves and their bodies.i served 6years ago myself and i witnessed all the defilement that went on in camp,but what kept me from evil was my bible that says 'as for me and my house,we will serve the lord'.i vowed to serve God with my body,mind,soul and everything moreso my body is not for fornication or other forms of impurities.bottomline is that even though there are women who have no values in camp,there are also women who place God above self indulgement,its just for you to stop seeing all women the same
Re: What Is Islamic Perspective Of Camp Fire Night by maclatunji: 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
kulyie: the truth of the matter is as much as there are wayward women and women of easy virtue every where,there are also decent,God fearing women that have respect for themselves and their bodies.i served 6years ago myself and i witnessed all the defilement that went on in camp,but what kept me from evil was my bible that says 'as for me and my house,we will serve the lord'.i vowed to serve God with my body,mind,soul and everything moreso my body is not for fornication or other forms of impurities.bottomline is that even though there are women who have no values in camp,there are also women who place God above self indulgement,its just for you to stop seeing all women the same

Hmmm...

(1) (Reply)

Peculiarities Of Muhammad As A Prophet / 13 Die As Lightning Strikes Mosque / Prophet’s (صلى الله عليه و سلم) Marriage With Young Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.