Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,256 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:53 PM

Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here (620 Views)

Official Nairaland Condolence Thread For Tinubu. Pay Your Tributes / Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried / Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2013
THE IROKO TREE HAS FALLEN
Submitted by Ezi Okwu Bu Ndu
(not verified) on March 23, 2013
- 10:11.
AN IROKO TREE DOES NOT DIE, IT
SIMPLY FALLS!
ACHEBE IS THE ONLY IGBO MAN OF
HIS GENERATION WHO DID NOT
SELL OUT OR COMPROMISE WHAT
HE BELIEVED IN FOR A BOWL OF
PORRIDGE.
HE STOOD FOR THE TRUTH, SPOKE
THE TRUTH AND CALLED A SPADE A
SPADE. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS
WHEN YOU HAVE INTELLECTUAL
AND ECONOMIC FREEDOM. HE HAD
NO REASON TO GO BOOTH LICKING
LIKE THE LIKES OF EKWUEME,
ANYAOKU, IWUANYANWU ETC ETC
- PEOPLE WHO WOULD SEE BLACK
AND CALL IT WHITE FRO SOME
CRUMBS FROM THE TABLE
Get them rolling in.
Re: Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here by Chanchit: 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
How much will I get after paying the tribute..??
Re: Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here by PapaBrowne(m): 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
WOW!! A legend has passed! He left us with footprints cast in Rocks!

Chinua Achebe came into my consciousness as a child in Primary 2 during the period they were showing Things Fall Apart on TV.
I had no Idea how large he was until I traveled out of the country. I had a girlfriend that was half Russian, half Indian and resided in the USA. All she knew about Nigeria came from Chinua Achebe's lens through his books. Her Adoration for him gave me a new perspective of a man I never had much regard for. His books were used in classrooms across the globe to teach African Literature. Through this, my respect and regard for Achebe grew!

But I came to grasp his true impact globally when I read Barack Obama's Dreams of My Father and found Obama corroborate the exact same story my then girlfriend had told me!! Then I concluded: A prophet truly is not honoured at home!! This man is Legendary!! His impact will outlive generations globally!

Rest in peace, my hero, rest in peace!
While things might appear to have fallen apart for those who love and care for you, I know that there is a country where you will be welcomed before the break of dawn and live for time without numbers!!

Adieu!!

Re: Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here by mysticgal(f): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
you
were 1 rolemodel,i ever wanted to meet,but you are gone,what can i say
but rest literary giant,rest chinualomogu.adieu,rip.dats all
Re: Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Achebe was many things to many people. No one word can describe him. He was the root and flower of literature. He was the depth and height of patriotism. He was a citadel of learning. He was an uncompromising critic of corruption. He was all these and many. , .
Re: Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here by tomakint: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Professor Chinua Achebe through his brilliant works had left an indelible footprint in the sand of time, never, I repeat, never to be forgotten as long as the world remains cool
Re: Submit Your Tributes For Chinua Achebe Here by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
Chanchit: How much will I get after paying the tribute..??
how much would you have lost if you didn't bother commenting?!!?

(1) (Reply)

David Mark's Gift And The Rejected Bill / Ogun Police Dispel Rumour On Beheaded Corpses / Tambuwal Blast Jonathan Over “abuse “of State Pardon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.