Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom (22503 Views)

How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Yr Old Delta King / Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
What you guys were posting was kinda off-topic...
Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by kingston277(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
KidStranglehold:
More proof of the presence of wheeled vehicles in the pre-colonial times. Why hasn't this been noticed by "scholars" yet? angry

1 Like

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
kingston277:
More proof of the presence of wheeled vehicles in the pre-colonial times. Why hasn't this been noticed by "scholars" yet? angry

Perhaps the Portuguese in Kongo had something to do with it?
Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
kingston277:

Agreed! I just noticed this because of you. smiley
Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by kingston277(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
Radoillo:

Perhaps the Portuguese in Kongo had something to do with it?
Possibly, but I noticed this too
[img]http://hitchcock.itc.virginia.edu/SlaveTrade/collection/large/VILE-180.JPG[/img]
Notice the wheel...
Looms have been in Africa since antiquity, in fact, they were and independent invention. Plus carts and caravans have been used in north Africa since 5000bc during the end of the wet phase.
[img]http://3.bp..com/_dH3ZETZ8ZlM/SAYy91N3k9I/AAAAAAAAAC8/JiU0jOwH7Qo/s320/chariots.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
kingston277:
Possibly, but I noticed this too
[img]http://hitchcock.itc.virginia.edu/SlaveTrade/collection/large/VILE-180.JPG[/img]
Notice the wheel...
Looms have been in Africa since antiquity, in fact, they were and independent invention. Plus carts and caravans have been used in north Africa since 5000bc during the end of the wet phase.
[img]http://3.bp..com/_dH3ZETZ8ZlM/SAYy91N3k9I/AAAAAAAAAC8/JiU0jOwH7Qo/s320/chariots.jpg[/img]

And one should note that most Africans lived more North during that time period.
Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by RandomAfricanAm: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yall know I bring that good good... and this time it's on wheels wink cool

Funeral, Angola, 1786

3 Likes

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
My god some of you people are weird.... THIS IS NOT A BEAUTY/HANDSOME PIC THREAD. Take the pics and non-topic conversations somewhere else.

The topic is the Kongo Kingdom during the 16th, 17th and 18th century...

3 Likes

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
^ His posting pattern is familiar. Has to be the same Ghanaian-South African troll, Kwametut/GyanOniwe. He's the same guy who derailed this thread long ago with pictures of Bantu sportsmen and all that prattle about Bantus being the most enslaved/most influential in the New World.

1 Like

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by RandomAfricanAm: 6:56am On Mar 06, 2015
Yeah I was really disappointed when this tread started going down with all the random postings. There are some great repository threads here on nairaland and this is/was one of them.

1 Like

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2015
@Fulaman198

Can you please delete ALL the off-topic pic spamming in this thread. Thanks in advance. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by ezeagu(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
RandomAfricanAm:
Yeah I was really disappointed when this tread started going down with all the random postings. There are some great repository threads here on nairaland and this is/was one of them.

Nairalands Culture section is low-key an African history centre for the internet.
Re: The Kongo Kingdom...A underrated Kingdom by kingston277(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
RandomAfricanAm:
Yall know I bring that good good... and this time it's on wheels wink cool

Funeral, Angola, 1786
I was going to make note earlier that that picture looks like further proof of indigenous origin of the wheel. Not only is the casket all-African in design, but the wheels do not have spokes or intricate designs, typical of European wheels at that time. The wheels used see to be hacked out from tree trunks and had holes punched in them, typical of more ancient wheels elsewhere. Either the Kongolese saw Europeans using a circle with and axel and decided to replicate it as best they could or its of a different design because its of different origin all together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Regret Not Knowing How To Speak Your Dialect? / Oba Jimoh Oyewumi Ajagungbade: Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies At 95 / Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.