Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before (5892 Views)

Visa Enquiry To Ethiopia Or Hungary Please / Anybody In Gothenburg Sweden? / Pls Anybody In Seychelles Island? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by babadey(m): 2:38am On Mar 24, 2013
I have a 'maternal
side' cousin,who is planning to travel to Ethiopia for business and maybe settling cos he gat some money with him. I have been talking him out about there but still insisting. What baffles me most its his over-hype about the place saying its a nice place, friendly and blah blah blah. When I checked the rate of 1 naira to ethiopia birr,I was surprised....1naira - 0.sometin birr,that gave me another thought about the place. Please I need infos from people who has been there before or still there,jast drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 24, 2013
All I know about Ethiopia is that it is not a very safe place to be in and it is also a very poor African country. Thanks. smiley smiley
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by gwas(m): 10:11am On Mar 24, 2013
I've only heard two things about Ethiopia -
1) They are living in abject poverty.
2) When you see an average Ethiopian, your first impression would be - did God forget this person inside fire?

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by babadey(m): 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
babe_online: All I know about Ethiopia is that it is not a very safe place to be in and it is also a very poor African country. Thanks. smiley smiley
I told him that too but wouldn't listen,he said places like addis ababa and two other places he mentioned are alright (urban).
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by babadey(m): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
gwas: I've only heard two things about Ethiopia -
2) When you see an average Ethiopian, your first impression would be - did God forget this person inside fire?

grin
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by pendo89(f): 5:22am On Mar 25, 2013
more ignorance.gosh
If you want to know about ethiopia,ask a person who's there.West Africans know little about EA judging from my observation here.
All I can tell you is that, it's a much better place and please forget about poverty and security crap.This is not the mj's 'we are the world ethiopia' anymore. Neither is Ethiopia, Somalia!! Some people can't tell the diff.but I don't blame them.

Ethiopia produces and exports the best coffee,their horticultural biz is booming,their national airline is the best in Africa and their women are absolutely beautiful.It's city is not noisy and crowded either and I find them hospitable depending on how you approach them.
One thing.You had better respect their culture if you go there. They don't entertain rubbish and madness.
Argh just google for info and use google earth as well.

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Kairoseki77: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2013
gwas: I've only heard two things about Ethiopia -

This is what an oyibo would say if a friend asked them about Nigeria.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by AjanleKoko: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2013
@OP - Nigerians sha, and this habit of trying to relocate to anywhere, and end up as nuisances to the people over there.
Your cousin should not go and further damage our already soiled reputation in East and Southern Africa abeg. angry

Ethiopia isn't bad. Addis Ababa is a little rustic, not an urban jungle like Lagos. But a nice place nonetheless.
I did an overnight layover in Addis a couple of years ago en route to India, so I didn't see much of the place. They are remarkably organized with the little they have, unlike Nigeria. Their airport is small but quite decent. Better organized than any airport in Naija sef.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by mygirrl: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
I have been to ethiopia, it is a very crappy place. I remember wondering if I had gone back in time when passing through the streets of addis ababa. Pls allow ur cousin to go there nobody will tell him to run back to naija when he gets a taste of the place. Very very poor country and very underdeveloped the only thing they have is ethiopian airways

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by pendo89(f): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
AjanleKoko: @OP - Nigerians sha, and this habit of trying to relocate to anywhere, and end up as nuisances to the people over there.
Your cousin should not go and further damage our already soiled reputation in East and Southern Africa abeg. angry

Ethiopia isn't bad. Addis Ababa is a little rustic, not an urban jungle like Lagos. But a nice place nonetheless.
I did an overnight layover in Addis a couple of years ago en route to India, so I didn't see much of the place. They are remarkably organized with the little they have, unlike Nigeria. Their airport is small but quite decent. Better organized than any airport in Naija sef.

LOL you are funny.It's okay to travel and see other regions.It helps us appreciate others.
But in our headline news today,some nigerians were nabbed at the coastal city of mombasa with lots of cocaine.Not very good developments.
But not all have ulterior motives.The one or two I know of are very good.

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by AjanleKoko: 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
pendo89:

LOL you are funny.It's okay to travel and see other regions.It helps us appreciate others.
But in our headline news today,some nigerians were nabbed at the coastal city of mombasa with lots of cocaine.Not very good developments.
But not all have ulterior motives.The one or two I know of are very good.

It's okay to travel, yes. But most times, it works out different for Nigerians especially. embarassed
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by babadey(m): 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
@pendo89... We both have surfed the web differently and sometimes together. All those GDP,GP etc of a thing,sometimes are nansense. You boosted his urge when he read your comment sha. sad ... Are you from there or been there pls tell me more.

@ajanlekoko.... He has enough to cater for himself even if he decides to spend a year without working.

@mygirrl.... grin (@ back in time). Please tell me more about the place,I think uve been there by what you said. At least they should have other goood things someone can say about them apart from there airline being the best (₪ö doubt about that).
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by AjanleKoko: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
baba dey:
@ajanlekoko.... He has enough to cater for himself even if he decides to spend a year without working.

Really. So why does he need to go to Ethiopia then? undecided
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by babadey(m): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Really. So why does he need to go to Ethiopia then? undecided

How will I know that? undecided.... That's where he chooses to go and the best reason "WHY THERE",its only known by him. To me,I think its youthful adventure/exuberance thing sha. He has been to the western world not twice,so why there?,I can't tell. I later thought of somtin maybe its there women cos this my cou likes women (beautiful ones) and he has heard and read about them being the country with most beautiful women in africa maybe that shuld be the reason. I think they practise sharia law there.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 26, 2013
baba dey:
I told him that too but wouldn't listen,he said places like addis ababa and two other places he mentioned are alright (urban).
the only consolation he would have when he gets there is that the women are beautiful. After that nothing else undecided.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 26, 2013
baba dey:

How will I know that? undecided.... That's where he chooses to go and the best reason "WHY THERE",its only known by him. To me,I think its youthful adventure/exuberance thing sha. He has been to the western world not twice,so why there?,I can't tell. I later thought of somtin maybe its there women cos this my cou likes women (beautiful ones) and he has heard and read about them being the country with most beautiful women in africa maybe that shuld be the reason. I think they practise sharia law there.
they practice sharia law? and you want your coz to go to that place where parts of his body would be amputated. better advise him well before he goes there with his body intact and with little in his pocket and comes back to nigeria with nothing in his pocket and amputated body.

2 Likes

Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by AjanleKoko: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2013
baba dey:

baba dey: I have a 'maternal
side' cousin,who is planning to travel to Ethiopia for business and maybe settling cos he gat some money with him.

Hmm.
Obviously, in true Nairaland fashion, you have been entertaining us with hogwash and baloney . undecided
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by pendo89(f): 10:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
grin grin funny
Let him go! c'mmon he's no child.As long as he doesn't engage in acts of lawlessness, I see no reason why you should discourage him.
The country is peaceful and that's what matter the most.
There are places I wouldn't set foot on,not even for a million dollars.Some people like adventure and exploring new places, so go.
Warning: Ethiopians love and respect their culture.They don't easily mingle with foreigners.The men are very protective of their women so don't carry the naija mentality of wooing girls there cz it will backfire on ur face and if you disrespect them you will be in big trouble.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Kairoseki77: 12:55am On Mar 27, 2013
There is no sharia law in Ethiopia.
Where did you get that from?

Ethiopia has been Christian since the 4th century.
Ethiopia is one of the only African countries that was Christian before the white people got here. Actually, Ethiopia was never colonized by the whites, and they are very proud of that.

43% of Ethiopians are Ethiopian Orthodox Christians
18% are Protestant Christians

33% are Muslims

The rest are JEWISH and Animist believers.

He should go to Ethiopia, it's where all humans come from according to DNA.

Educate yourselves my brothers and sisters!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by gwas(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2013
pendo89: more ignorance.gosh
If you want to know about ethiopia,ask a person who's there.West Africans know little about EA judging from my observation here.
All I can tell you is that, it's a much better place and please forget about poverty and security crap.This is not the mj's 'we are the world ethiopia' anymore. Neither is Ethiopia, Somalia!! Some people can't tell the diff.but I don't blame them.

Ethiopia produces and exports the best coffee,their horticultural biz is booming,their national airline is the best in Africa and their women are absolutely beautiful.It's city is not noisy and crowded either and I find them hospitable depending on how you approach them.
One thing.You had better respect their culture if you go there. They don't entertain rubbish and madness.
Argh just google for info and use google earth as well.

Na airline we go chop?

1 Like

Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by pendo89(f): 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
gwas:
Na airline we go chop?

Food again? undecided .Anyway whoever intends on going there can chop off the airline wings and eat since there's no food.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Kairoseki77: 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote author=babe_online][/quote]

All humans came from Ethiopia according to DNA research.

Ethiopia has never been colonized by Arabs.
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
gwas:
The poverty rate is truly high but if you see a well to do ethiopian, you'll say God is partial.
In all, I prefer it to Nigeria
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
gwas:
Smh, u knw nothin' abt us Smh, SMH FR!
Re: Anybody In Ethiopia Or Has Been There Before by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
All I know about Ethiopia is that it is not a very safe place to be in and it is also a very poor African country. Thanks. smiley smiley
atleast it's safe from nigeria, or u also think there is ethiopian boko harrrrram here? There is nothin' d@ cud stop u frm saying d@, jst google, or do u knw google? I DONT THINK SOOOO

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Radio Flags Off 'Don't Drink And Drive' Campaign / Okowa Hails FRSC For Flow Of Traffic On Niger Bridge / Traveling With Infant Or A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.