Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER (20280 Views)

How Can I Disable My Laptop Keyboard And Use Only External Keyboard Attached / How Can I Disable The Setup Password On My Dell Inspiron 1501 / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by SamMilla1(m): 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2008
hello landers,,

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DISABLE PERMANENTLY, THE POP-UP BLOCKER ON MY COMPUTER,  I DONT EXACTLY KNOW WHERE IT IS, I HAVE DISABLED THE WHOLE BLOCKERS ON THE WHOLE BROWSER ON MY SYSTEM(YAHOO, GOOGLE,FIREFOX,MSN AND AOL). I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS ONE HIDES ITSELF, ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY.
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by NoStress: 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2008
We hear you, but have you try this HELP HERE. . . . its help alot wink
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2008
@poster

I do not know what kind of browser and what browser version you are currently use. This is my Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (MSIE 7) browser I currently use under Windows XP pro.

There are two ways how can you disable the POPUP blocker on your computer using MSIE 7 browser displaying here.

ONE WAY: if you already installed Google toolbar on your MSIE 7 browser, please follow this instruction at below:

See the red circle with yellow arrow illustrated that tells you that POPUP BLOCKER is enabled. Next page to be continued.

Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by SamMilla1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2008
continue
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2008
(continued from above instruction)

All you have to do is click that POPUP BLOCKER button in order to disable the popup blocker to be activated POPUP windows that should be look like this at below:

Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by SamMilla1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2008
i did that but it didnt work
i want to ask u something, could softwares like norton anti virus have auto installed pop-up blocker?
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2008
SECOND WAY: if you already installed Google toolbar on your MSIE 7 browser, please follow this instruction at below:

See three arrows pointed with step by step order by number.

1.) Click the "Tools" arrow that prompts popping up drop-down menu.

2.) Select "Pop-up Blocker" that prompts submenu.

3.) Select "TURN OFF POP-UP BLOCKER".

That's it!

Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by SamMilla1(m): 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2008
yes thank you very much but i have done that too, the firm that hosts my website directed me there but it didnt workout either,
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2008
Configuring the Yahoo toolbar Pop-up Blocker

If you are using Internet Explorer with the Yahoo toolbar, click on the pop-up menu (see picture below) and follow the next instructions.

Add the source of the pop-up window to your Allowed List by clicking the Pop-Up Blocker menu and selecting “Always Allow Pop-Ups From, ” button. Then select the webcasting site (the line that includes “nairaland.com”) from the “Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups list” and click Allow.

Find more information about Yahoo's Pop-up Blocker look at http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/companion/pub/pub-07.html
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by SamMilla1(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2008
thanks for the link , i will check it ou , but is it neccesary if i am not using yahoo toolbar?
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2008
SAM MILLA:

thanks for the link , i will check it ou , but is it neccesary if i am not using yahoo toolbar?

@SAM MILLA
No, it does not required for you to have yahoo toolbar, google toolbar, or any toolbar you added to your browser. It is your own preference accessing any kind of toolbar you use THE MOST or FREQUENTLY.

I use both Google toolbar and Yahoo toolbar very frequently all the time.

Now next configuration of Norton firewall's pop-up blocker, next page.
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2008
Configuring the Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SVP2) Pop-up Blocker

1.      Open an Internet Explorer window

2.      Click “Tools” (on the upper menu)

3.      Choose “Internet Options”

4.      Select the “Privacy” tab

5.      Click the “Settings…” button

6.      In the box for “Address for Web Site to Allow” write “nairaland.com”

7.      Click the “Add” button (see the picture below)

8.      Click “Apply” and “OK”

9.      Now close out of Internet Explorer and reload the webcasting lobby page

See the picture below:

Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by SamMilla1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2008
let me ask u something before i proceed, the only place that the pop-up blockers refused to allow me work is on ilosoft web developer(www.one.com), there may be other places that i dont know, o my question is, do i have to put nairaland.com or any website address on that.
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2008
Configuring the Norton Internet Security/Firewall Pop-up Blocker

1. Open Norton Internet Security's/Firewall’s main window (you may click the firewall icon on the system tray or use Start->Programs->Norton Firewall)

2. Click the “Ad Blocking” line

3. Click the “Turn Off” button

Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by somze(f): 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2008
Uspry
Since I saw someone's comment on the admire thread, I have to admit that the person was spot on.

You are rare
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by uspry1(f): 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2008
SAM MILLA:

let me ask u something before i proceed, the only place that the pop-up blockers refused to allow me work is on ilosoft web developer(www.one.com), there may be other places that i don't know, o my question is, do i have to put nairaland.com or any website address on that.

You put any website address you want allowing for pop-up, while other website address that does not add listing will be POP-UP BLOCKED.

If you are web developer, you should add your domain names allowing for pop-up. That is what I do as web developer to work on my domain names.
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by ztyle(m): 1:51am On Mar 31, 2008
Splendid,Uspry Nice Work Do Keep it up! wink
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by Nicesoul(m): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2008
@poster,

uspry1 has the solution to your problem. You need not to search further for help.

uspry1, good research, good work.
Re: How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER by docchuks(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2013

(1) (Reply)

10 Hidden Features In Google Chrome You Didn't Know About / Stolen Laptop,surface Tablet,a Child Pad- 20,000 Ransome For Who Finds It For Me / Customer Service Desk: An Easy Access For Hackers To Exploit Your Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.