Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Pls I Need Ur Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls I Need Ur Help (751 Views)

I Need Ur Help On My New Blog I Created New / Guruz! I Need Ur Help On Web Designing Howtos Or Step By Step Guide / Helo Webmasters I Need Ur Help Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Ur Help by greatdbanj: 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2008
am using smartftp to upload my site, bt am unable to upload it because i dont know aw 2 use it. pls tel me d procedure pls. i av every details like the ip adress, d usernam and password.
Re: Pls I Need Ur Help by ifeloveife(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2008
why will you have 5mb hosting? what will you do with it, u can use other ftp to upload ur site.
www.nigeriaservers.com
Re: Pls I Need Ur Help by digitalglo(m): 2:47am On Mar 30, 2008
I guess what he needs is how to use smartftp and not buying expensive hosting from nigeriasevers.com.
@Dbanj, u need to make sure that you have the url of your site where its says host (just put in justumagazine.com); then username, then password - try not to check the passive ftp option and do not use anonymous either (all thses are to be done on ur remote view) after which u go to your local folder and pick up ur files. U can simply just do this with Ms froontpage if it becomes difficult for u.
Cheers and hope u get around it,
Re: Pls I Need Ur Help by smartsoft(m): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2008
why not use windows explorer ? i use it alot
Re: Pls I Need Ur Help by uspry1(f): 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2008
@greatdbanj

According to your previous posting profile, I read that you bought 5MB web hosting space with your doman URL: www.justmagazine.com. You already have your own FTP username and password that was given by your domain registrar you bought from and accessed hosting control panel administation without needing to use either smartftp or WSFTP software.

Your Dreamweaver 8 has its own built-in remote connection (FTP account) for your web hosting upload purpose.

I just tell you that 5MB of WEB HOSTING SPACE is too small for uploading your images. That is not sufficent web space you have now. It is good for ONE PAGE of PERSONAL WEB SITE with limited link maybe six links and photo maybe one or two depend on file size that can hold only 5 MB space.

All you need to have either way:

1.) any image/photo editing software such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc. to resize and optimize your images prior to upload your web server.

or

2.) expand your web hosting space from 5MB to 25-100MB. You still have limited web hosting space.

(1) (Reply)

New Web Portal For Nigeria-based Web Designers / Asp.net2.0, C# And Ms Sql2005 Made Easy / Become A Webmaster In 3months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.