Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Children Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow, How True Is This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Children Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow, How True Is This? (506 Views)

Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola / Why Do Nigerians Always Blame The Leaders For Corruption? / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Children Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow, How True Is This? by joseph1832(m): 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2013
I got this message on my blackberry phone and it got me thinking hard.

In 1979, Bamanga Tukur was the Governor of the defunct Gongola State (now Adamawa & Taraba) and 33 years later he is today the Chairman of the ruling Party The PDP.

Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner in the Old Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years later he is today Minister of Defence.

Major General David Mark (rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28 years Later he is today the Senate President.

Gov. Murtala Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 36 years later he is today the Governor of Adamawa State.

Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of Abia State in 1992 and 20 years later he is today the National Chairman of ANPP.

Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 27 years later he is today the governor of plateau state.

Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old!.

IBB was the military President of Nigeria, for nine years, Buhari who is in his seventies was HOS of Nigeria, so was OBJ, these men happen to be very old and they are stake holders in the Nigerian political system.

Funny I don't remember George Bush, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Nixon, Tony Blair, Margareth Thatcher, Yuri Andropov etc being key decision makers and taking part in government when their time is past!

I wonder when the next generation will occupy the helm of politics in Nigeria when these old men still run amok in Nigerian Polity!
Re: Children Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow, How True Is This? by Darlenebabe: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
very true, infact d real fact dat way parents need to raise their children in d ways of lord. they re future leaders

(1) (Reply)

Ohaneze Denies Backingamnesty For Boko Haram / Ohhhhh Noo!!!!!!!!!!!not Again. / Solidarity Speech Delivered By Mallam Nuhu Ribadu At Anpp Convention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.