Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos (10146 Views)

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria / Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] / An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by ichommy(m): 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
A foreigner has been kidnapped in Nigeria’s largest city of Lagos, the US consulate said on Sunday, in an alert to American citizens in the city.
The Consulate however did not provide the identity of the foreigner kidnapped and his nationality.

“The US Consulate General in Lagos received a report that an expatriate was kidnapped on Victoria Island on Saturday, March 23 at approximately 11 pm,” the consulate spokeswoman said in a message to US citizens, referring to an upscale area of Lagos.

“Local Nigerian law enforcement confirmed this incident.”

Police in Lagos, the economic capital of some 15 million people located in the country’s southwest, could not be reached for comment.
Kidnapping of foreigners are rare in Lagos, but occasionally there have been reports of isolated cases of kidnapping, usually involving an insider or a collaborator close to the victim.

Kidnappings for ransom occur regularly in the southern oil-producing Niger Delta region and Islamist extremists have carried out abductions in the country’s north.

Victims of kidnappings in the Niger Delta and other areas of the south are usually released unharmed after payment of ransoms.
Abductions in Nigeria’s north have however had deadly results.

Islamist extremist group Ansaru recently claimed to have executed seven foreign hostages.

In addition, a British national and an Italian were killed during a botched 2012 rescue operation, as was a German the same year.
Nigerian Islamist extremist group Boko Haram is believed to currently be holding seven members of a French family abducted over the border in Cameroon.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/24/us-consulate-foreigner-kidnapped-in-lagos/

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
Gosh, Chadians at work
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by ichommy(m): 4:15am On Mar 25, 2013
chiover: Gosh, Chadians at work
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Tolexander: 4:25am On Mar 25, 2013
Gradually, it crossed to the southwestern region.

1 Like

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 4:35am On Mar 25, 2013
Kidnapping finally crossed from the South East to Southwest courtesy of these people we allow in Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Nobody: 4:49am On Mar 25, 2013
LMAO! Na who hin deny visa?? My people dey vex....deny me visa and I kidnap you grin
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Danykooko: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2013
ok
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by BlackPeni5: 9:28am On Mar 25, 2013
Even Lagos is no longer safe...Naija is in big soup.

3 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Richieboyn: 9:29am On Mar 25, 2013
k
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by donsax: 9:30am On Mar 25, 2013
Shollypopz: LMAO! Na who hin deny visa?? My people dey vex....deny me visa and I kidnap you grin

Shut up!!! Who told you it was an American consular kidnapped?

Re read and edit your comment now!!!

4 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Phonon: 9:33am On Mar 25, 2013
It is "these people" that are doing business all over Lagos and contributing immensely to its economy. "You people" would rather chase Yellow buses around the city looking for "shandi" or "wazo".NONSENSE.
dayokanu: Kidnapping finally crossed from the South East to Southwest courtesy of these people we allow in Lagos

10 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Phonon: 9:34am On Mar 25, 2013
It is "these people" that are doing business all over Lagos and contributing immensely to its economy. "You people" would rather chase Yellow buses around the city looking for "shandi" or "wazo".NONSENSE.
dayokanu: Kidnapping finally crossed from the South East to Southwest courtesy of these people we allow in Lagos
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Kaxmytex(m): 9:34am On Mar 25, 2013
Oh my my!
Nt again.. sad
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by mike404(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2013
Very soon you go find market wey dey near you, na so e dey start

3 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:37am On Mar 25, 2013
Pls can any1 link me to any kidnapping group? Am interested. No work after graduation.

2 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by momodub: 9:37am On Mar 25, 2013
wtf
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Paulonminyi: 9:38am On Mar 25, 2013
Am laughin
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by ezedolar: 9:39am On Mar 25, 2013
Let us watch and how it will go Boko Haram :1 Opc : 0

4 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by jmoore(m): 9:44am On Mar 25, 2013

Were you not taught in school that Nigeria is a sovereign state and Lagos is not?

Nigerians don't need Visa to travel from one state to the other.

1 Like

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by dbride: 9:47am On Mar 25, 2013

O tun ti bere loni. Are you this biased? You are no different from the american KKK always desiring to kill the blacks. Check it, that force will soon overcome you and destroy you. It is called HATRED and it is a DEMON!

6 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by HAH: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2013
PDP agenda gradually unfolding, soon the bombs will start going off in an effort to bring disharmorny among progressives.

We know

PDP is BH
PDP is JAMBS
PDP are kidnapping too
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by dbride: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2013
Phonon: It is "these people" that are doing business all over Lagos and contributing immensely to its economy. "You people" would rather chase Yellow buses around the city looking for "shandi" or "wazo".NONSENSE.

Maturity also means ability to IGNORE some derogatory/inciting comments from a soul completely consumed by hatred. Dayokanu deserves sympathy and prayers instead.

10 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by jumpmasta(m): 9:58am On Mar 25, 2013
Do i expect more from a rabid dog?No No!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Ola17: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2013

Bros don't you even have shame? Who are the we? Must you turn every topic to ethnic bashing? The identity of the kidnapped foreigner was not even given not to talk of the kidnappers. How then did you know that the culprits are our brothers from the East and not BH or even Yorubas. Act like a grown man that you are and stop acting like an underaged kid messing with his dad's PC in his absence.

14 Likes

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by xtremeidea(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2013
Na wa ooooo!!!
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by noskeybaba: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2013
Kidnapping in Lagos? Hmmn....

Tell me more how its peculiar to south east/south south.

Oh wait... May be they expanded their business.

They should go back to their country.

Thanks.
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2013
Shoo! Kidnapping 4 lag don reach high rate o!
Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by ALLWILBWELL: 10:08am On Mar 25, 2013
Hmmmnnn....America....I hope this is not part of their antics to cause commotion in Nigeria in order to make their prediction for the disintegration of Nigeria in 2015 come to pass. I am beginning to believe the theory of external influence in some of these terrible occurences in the country. Naija people, lets put aside ethnic and tribal chauvinism/animosity. Let us work together for a better country. Lets not play into the hands of the imperialists and neo-colonialists.

1 Like

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by Venchy: 10:14am On Mar 25, 2013
This Terrorist & kidnappers are beginning to expose the lack of security Nigerians have been experiencing.

I hope this will be the first and the last because such act will have serious nock and effect on the Economy as lagos is the heart of Nigerian Economy.

Curruption have destroyed black nation.

1 Like

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by playcharles(m): 10:21am On Mar 25, 2013
All Muslim are Boko Haram, VP Architect Namandi Sambo is a muslim, which means he is a bokoharam,.... All Niger/Delta are militant, President Jonathan is from Niger/Delta, which means he is a militant,... All Lagosian are Kidnapper, Gov. Fashola is a Lagosian, which means he is a Kidnapper,.... All those who set up Bokoharam are from Northern Nigeria, Buhari and Babangida are from the North, They should be held responsible.

1 Like

Re: Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos by ogochukwunasa1: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2013
i hate Igbos!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rochas Appoints Shirley Igwe As Principal Protocol Officer / Senate Begins Probe Of Fuel Scarcity / Yorubas And Hausas Fight in Lagos: But Igbos Is Trending See Snapshot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.