Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor (1012 Views)

Fear Of Stone-throwers Forces Kwara Governor To Cancel Independence Day - S.R / Breaking: Bagudu Wins APC Guber Ticket 24 Hours After Leaving PDP / Kwara Governor Hamed Was Stoned On Sallah Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by gregg2: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor

The Kwara State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed has denied a report published in a national newspaper that he plans to leave the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) along with seven other governors ahead of the 2015 elections.

Speaking through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Communications, Muyideen Akorede, Governor Ahmed said there was no iota of truth in the report and dismissed the publication as the handiwork of mischief-makers bent on causing disaffection in the PDP.

“Governor Ahmed has no intention of leaving the PDP now or in the future. I wish to state with all emphasis at my disposal that the report is untrue and could only have been orchestrated by mischief makers. Governor Ahmed remains a loyal and committed member of the PDP and sees the current realignments in the party as normal in any political association. It is his belief PDP is certain to come out stronger,” Mr Akorede said in a statement issued in Ilorin on Sunday evening.

Speaking further, Mr Akorede pointed to Governor Ahmed’s appearance on Channels Television’s Question Time on Sunday Morning, during which he reaffirmed his loyalty to the PDP and his firm belief that the current disagreements in the party are temporary, as further evidence of the Governor’s strong commitment to the party on whose platform he was voted into office.

“At any rate, Governor Ahmed believes that it is more fruitful to focus on delivering good governance and improving public confidence in our democracy rather than speculating on the 2015 elections which are still two years away.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/24/i-am-not-leaving-pdp-kwara-governor/
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
Before nko!!
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
Leaving to where, to a yet to be formed Group from a party that I see as the only truly “National Party” in Nigeria for now. How can a man who has risen through the party to become a Sitting Governor leave such party to join a party that can best be describe as a “Newly Hatched Chick”. Peoples imagination are truly running wild.
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by mike404(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
Tell me who made it possible SAI BUKOLA SARAKI grin
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
mike404: Tell me who made it possible SAI BUKOLA SARAKI grin

It is not a matter of who made it possible, it is one of using what is commonly called Common Sense,
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by aremuolusegun: 4:44am On Apr 15, 2013
Rob E.....there are some tins u can't understand except u are based in ilorin and know the political situation of things....the only way Gov. Ahmed will live PDP is if SAI BUKKY or Sen. Bukola Saraki leaves the party.....we know who truly pulls the strings in Kwara.....who else but Sen Saraki....in Nigeria common sense is not applicable to politicians.....d way and manner they operate gives a picture that Their SENSES are not COMMON
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 15, 2013
Okay, sir
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by sasview: 8:42am On Apr 15, 2013
Believe only what you hear from his godfather Bukola Saraki.
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
aremu olusegun: Bob_E.....there are some tins u can't understand except u are based in ilorin and know the political situation of things....the only way Gov. Ahmed will live PDP is if SAI BUKKY or Sen. Bukola Saraki leaves the party.....we know who truly pulls the strings in Kwara.....who else but Sen Saraki....in Nigeria common sense is not applicable to politicians.....d way and manner they operate gives a picture that Their SENSES are not COMMON

What I am saying is you cannot leave some thing for nothing, APC is still in the political works FACTORY of the Asiwaju and co, at what stage, I cannot tell. You cannot you use that to compare a party that is still in power till the 2015 elections.
Re: I Am Not Leaving PDP – Kwara Governor by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
aremu olusegun: Bob_E.....there are some tins u can't understand except u are based in ilorin and know the political situation of things....the only way Gov. Ahmed will live PDP is if SAI BUKKY or Sen. Bukola Saraki leaves the party.....we know who truly pulls the strings in Kwara.....who else but Sen Saraki....in Nigeria common sense is not applicable to politicians.....d way and manner they operate gives a picture that Their SENSES are not COMMON

What I am saying is you cannot leave some thing for nothing, APC is still in the political works FACTORY of the Asiwaju and co, at what stage, I cannot tell. You cannot you use that to compare a party that is still in power till the 2015 elections.

Do you dump a woman that has given you all you needs and is still useful to you for one that is still in the womb?, think.

(1) (Reply)

Another Brilliant Piece On Achebe From CNN Website / Unveiling Of Opon Imo By OSUN STATE GOVT / Photos: Man Transforms Face To A Dog’s Face With Plastic Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.