Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Guaranteed Ways To Sabotage Your Careeer Goals - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Guaranteed Ways To Sabotage Your Careeer Goals (643 Views)

Co-workers Who Could Sabotage Your Career / Words That Sabotage Your Cv! / Politics At Work, Has Anybody Attempted To Sabotage Your Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guaranteed Ways To Sabotage Your Careeer Goals by Melancholy(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
Jumping out of your comfy nut and pursuing your dreams can be scary.And who wants to be scared?To save you from actually having to come face-to-face with your potential,here are some sure fire ways to let the air out of the tires so your dreams never have a chance to gain momentum:MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON WHAT "THEY" THINK YOU SHOULD DO:If you really want to shut those pesky dreams down from the get-go,then ignore your own feelings and make your decisions based on what somebody else thinks.It does not matter who,as long as it is not you.choose your career because it is what your parents expect,or because people admire it,or because it fits our cultural definition of success.Under no circumstances should you ever look inside and take a good hard look at what energises and inspires you.DO NOT PRIORITIES YOUR DREAM:Making everything in your life a priority except for your dream is another great way to ensure that it grinds to a halt.If you make everything else more important than what you really want to do,guess what filterr down tot the bottom of the to-do list,ensuring little or no action gets taken on it.LOOKING FOR THE QUICK FIX:If you want to make sure you are never in danger of turning that dream into reality,repeat after me,"It has to happen right away."The more impatient you can be,the greater the potential to be frustrated when it does not happen immediately(and odds are very good that it will not happen immediately)And that will give you reason to throw your hands in the air and say,"see it is not possible."EQUATE TODAY'S REALITY WITH TOMORROW POTENTIAL:In my experience,most people look at the potential for making an immediate career change and come to conclusion that they cannot.Atleast not right away.There is almost always some kind of foundation to be laid,preparation to be made,or obstacle to be overcome before the actual change can take place.And makes for a perfect excuse to never get started.make this ur mantra:"If i can' do it today,then it is impossible " see how easy that was?You did not even have to take a single step.source:USnews
Re: Guaranteed Ways To Sabotage Your Careeer Goals by gunpoint(m): 6:21am On Mar 26, 2013
grin vry true all that, especially the quick fix part. I wz a serious quick fix guy but its nvr wrkd for mi. So nw I'm buildin my career chang plan on a day to day basis.

(1) (Reply)

Get The Job You Desire(send Ur CV To:oceanenergyresource@gmail.com) / Engineers Forum: Pgd. Pls I Need A Quik Answer. / Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.