Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra (9439 Views)

Buhari & Queen Elizabeth Discussing At CHOGM In Malta / Obama And Buhari: Guess What The Two Presidents Were Discussing (Photo) / Photo: Guess What Buhari Is Discussing With Ameachi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
^^
Congratulations, keep it up and you would get a degree for correcting mispellings on a forum. U would finally have a cause to live for.
Tolexander: that isn't the point. I made mention of the 13 colonies and not the 11 confederate states.
George Washington and his warriors(american heroes) had crude weapons compared to the english colonial master. They still went ahead to win the war as a result of their bravery, courage and INTELLIGENCE.

Since u know more abt that history than I do, you should know that France supported America and that intelligence avoids false equivalency.

chosen04:

Poster,

Did you forget Artur Alves Pereira, The legendary Biafran Pilot from Portugal who up to date still believes so much in the Biafran dream?......

http://massob.org/2012/12/09/my-escapades-as-biafran-warplane-pilot-%E2%80%93portuguese-pilotartur-alves-pereira/

Just read the interview. He probably interacted with other great airmen in the modest Biafran airforce like Count Carl Gustav von Rosen and Major Taffy Williams. Fighting colonial rascality and hate filled barbarism in Biafra was an honourable service to the God's people - the Biafrans. God speed, Pereira.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 6:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
SmartTalk: ^^
Congratulations, keep it up and you would get a degree for correcting mispellings on a forum. U would finally have a cause to live for.

Since u know more abt that history than I do, you should know that France supported America and that intelligence avoids false equivalency.
do you wanna claim biafra has no international support?
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

you did not go north because you feared hausa, choosing instead to go terrorize small communities of people who were neutral. well the capital is in north now and for all the ibo massacres since how many times have you punched back?

You are a contemptible dullard.

4 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by joeyfire(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
Two heroes though not forgotten but I can't resist mentioning them.

1. Count Carl Gustav Von Rosen - crack pilot, humanitarian titan and adventurer.

2. Major Taffy Williams - welsh mercenary who fought for love and not money

2 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Eng Gordon Ezekwe: Under his Biafran science and research institute, Biafra were able to produce Ogbunigwe. rockets, grenades, shields, helments etc. Infact under him, we prpoduced weapons that killed the ememies more than the imported ones.
Eng Ezekwe, my numero uno.

4 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
Andre Uweh: Eng Gordon Ezekwe: Under his Biafran science and research institute, Biafra were able to produce Ogbunigwe. rockets, grenades, shields, helments etc. Infact under him, we prpoduced weapons that killed the ememies more than the imported ones.
shey those weapons that used to kill flies and not human being?
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by joeyfire(m): 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
From left Gunnar Hagland, Willy Murray-Bruce, Carl Gustav Von-Rosen , August Okpe, Martin Lang.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by CyberG: 2:03am On Mar 28, 2013
SmartTalk:

That must have been what the devil thought when Jesus was crucified - Son of Man dead, I win, I am a hero - but that is not how life should be measured by intelligent people. If Hitler won, the way the story of Europe would have been told would be very different.

Back to real heroes:
Canadian writer Stanley Diamond supported Biafra. Richard Nixon, despite his faults, stopped Johnson's policy of supplying weapons to Nigeria. The people of Britain protested Harold Wilson's idiotic policy of support to Nigeria - dock workers refused to load ships with weapons protesting being used to kill Biafran babies.

Abeg, don't turn logic on its head! Jesus did not make an agreement with the northerners at independence, then turned around to kill all their leaders when it dawned on him that he would remain an errand boy while the northerners would keep the actual power. Jesus did not out of pride rebel against federal authority when it became clear that a junior Gowon won the loyalty of the federal army and governors like ojuku would now take orders from the junior officer in Lagos! Jesus was not the one rejoicing on the grave of the Sadaunna and co. when Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna and co. killed them in cold blood! When ojuku declared a war with 120 Mark IV rifles and shakabula (hunter's rifle you must stuff with gun-powder after expelling each round), boasted on how the largest army in black Africa, etc would surprise Nigerians, Jesus was not in the picture then. When millions of iboz were dying, ojuku negotiated their lives for more weapons, what would Jesus have done? Ojuku rather than go north to fight the people dealing with the iboz who started the whole hullaballoo decided to go West on the way to where (Sokoto?) but his armies were massively stonewalled and smashed at the border of Ore, did Jesus send him there? The mid-West wanted non-agression and did not initially join either side like the Westerners but when the ibo misadventure came they met it headlong and their descendants today are proud of their valiant victories. Note that the people you are insulting in Nigeria have fought wars for hundreds of years...how will an ordinary army of a novice tribe, commanded by an ojuku who was not battle hardened but latte-sipping, egg-popping oxford history graduate? How would iboz follow a leader whose generations were not known to be military commanders, warriors, conquerors or even the high priests whose task it was to make sacrifices (perhaps human sacrifices of strangers in the land) before massive offensives that could last years of fighting? A lions is not trained to be the a lion, it is born and so are some of the war-like, battle hardened people in Nigeria of which IBOS are NOT! This is why Jesus has nothing to do with it: as you lay your bed so MUST you lie on it!
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by CyberG: 2:09am On Mar 28, 2013
Andre Uweh: Eng Gordon Ezekwe: Under his Biafran science and research institute, Biafra were able to produce Ogbunigwe. rockets, grenades, shields, helments etc. Infact under him, we prpoduced weapons that killed the ememies more than the imported ones.

All these your cock and bull stories! Producing rockets? grenade? where? grin grin If iboz produced anything like rockets or grenades, no one would even hear of the do-it-yourself contraption called ogbiunigwe! grin grin If you made rockets and grenades and still lost 3 M, I think those things were only made in your dreams! Maybe you made shields but forgot bow and arrows! Can a shield stop an artillery barrage in just a mere softening-up attack? Defence, defence, defence...no attack is losing strategy you know! Well, I just humoured your for it would have made no difference whether you attacked or defended...you would have been so beaten to a pulp. The only two options were death or surrender but iboz chose both! I know I was very direct but sometimes someone's gotta stick the truth to you ya know! grin grin
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by ekoilee: 3:15am On Mar 28, 2013
FSU:

Who are the plenty Yorubas? I DID NOT KNOW THREE OUT OF 40 MILLION IS PLENTY. AWO BEING THE YOROUBA LEADER LED THEM TO JOIN THE NORTH IN KILLING FELLOW HUMANS MAINLY VIA STARVATION.

All the people biafra killed, victimized, invaded, subjugated and dehumanized all over the SS and Mid west were not human beings right?

This is why they don't take you people seriously, you thong the sun set and shine only on your narrow biafran assss. You point fingers, you cry and mop around everyday as if it wasn't a war and you people didn't fire one bullet or kill anybody, you didn't brutalize anybody, you did not invade and subjugated anybody.

This is sickening I swear...
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by MajeOfficial: 3:19am On Mar 28, 2013
It's sad because you don't even believe what you're saying, but you're posting it on the internet out of desperation. This is what the internet has done to you life
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by dayokanu(m): 6:03am On Mar 28, 2013
Benjamin Babamaja Adekunle Ekun oko Biafra
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 28, 2013
....and my dearest uncle GILBERT OBI who fought for Biafra willingly without being forced to join the army. He was killed by his fellow Biafran soldiers mistakely in 1969. RIP Odogwu!

His pictures he took during the war still stands decorated in my maternal home. Adieu loved one!

3 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 9:00am On Mar 28, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: ....and my dearest uncle GILBERT OBI who fought for Biafra willingly without being forced to join the army. He was killed by his fellow Biafran soldiers mistakely in 1969. RIP Odogwu!
oh sorry! That was how lt. colonel victor banjo was also mistakenly killed.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
My great Biafran hero-Col Joe Achuzia.The enemy suffered her worst casualties under this great hero. Imagine him sinking all those enemy boats at River Niger and laughing at drowning enemy soldiers inside the river.
What happens if you can't swim?. Hahahaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
joeyfire: Two heroes though not forgotten but I can't resist mentioning them.

1. Count Carl Gustav Von Rosen - crack pilot, humanitarian titan and adventurer.

2. Major Taffy Williams - welsh mercenary who fought for love and not money

Carl Gustav von Rosen destroyed Nigerian plans that were interfering with his humanitarian supplies to Biafra. Biafrans have a special place in their hearts for him.
Major Taffy Williams did all he did for Biafra for free. He only needed free food. He earned nothing while fighting the Nigerian vandals. He was given Biafran citizenship.

Tolexander: do you wanna claim biafra has no international support?

Like I said, intelligence avoids false equivalency. Biafra had some international support, but not on the scale that the Americans had. France did supply some arms to Biafra late in the war, but denied it. They did not give all out support. Portugal allowed Biafran pilots to land on their territories, but nothing more. The support was just not on the same level. If it were, Biafra would be an independent country and we would not have been sending soldiers to the field with few bullets.

CyberG:

Abeg, don't turn logic on its head! Jesus did not make an agreement with the northerners at independence, then turned around to kill all their leaders when it dawned on him that he would remain an errand boy while the northerners would keep the actual power. Jesus did not out of pride rebel against federal authority when it became clear that a junior Gowon won the loyalty of the federal army and governors like ojuku would now take orders from the junior officer in Lagos! Jesus was not the one rejoicing on the grave of the Sadaunna and co. when Nzeogwu, Ifeajunna and co. killed them in cold blood! When ojuku declared a war with 120 Mark IV rifles and shakabula (hunter's rifle you must stuff with gun-powder after expelling each round), boasted on how the largest army in black Africa, etc would surprise Nigerians, Jesus was not in the picture then. When millions of iboz were dying, ojuku negotiated their lives for more weapons, what would Jesus have done? Ojuku rather than go north to fight the people dealing with the iboz who started the whole hullaballoo decided to go West on the way to where (Sokoto?) but his armies were massively stonewalled and smashed at the border of Ore, did Jesus send him there? The mid-West wanted non-agression and did not initially join either side like the Westerners but when the ibo misadventure came they met it headlong and their descendants today are proud of their valiant victories. Note that the people you are insulting in Nigeria have fought wars for hundreds of years...how will an ordinary army of a novice tribe, commanded by an ojuku who was not battle hardened but latte-sipping, egg-popping oxford history graduate? How would iboz follow a leader whose generations were not known to be military commanders, warriors, conquerors or even the high priests whose task it was to make sacrifices (perhaps human sacrifices of strangers in the land) before massive offensives that could last years of fighting? A lions is not trained to be the a lion, it is born and so are some of the war-like, battle hardened people in Nigeria of which IBOS are NOT! This is why Jesus has nothing to do with it: as you lay your bed so MUST you lie on it!

If you want to talk about logic, you would also know that Jesus did not put all the strange bed fellows into one country called Nigeria. I really would not want to waste time derailing this topic by addressing fully your convoluted post, but I would ask you to ask your relatives how they initially felt about the coup. The South rejoiced, given the turmoil that the ruling party was causing in the west. Westerners were BEGGING the military to intervene while the military men were supervising the elections. Awolowo was planning a coup before he was sent to prison, but hey, you are right, he aint Jesus; just another yoruba god. That's as far as I will go. Too much ignorance in your post, where do I start? Read more before you give false comments about the West wanting non-aggression - repeating lies again and again would not change facts.

eko ilee:

All the people biafra killed, victimized, invaded, subjugated and dehumanized all over the SS and Mid west were not human beings right?

This is why they don't take you people seriously, you thong the sun set and shine only on your narrow biafran assss. You point fingers, you cry and mop around everyday as if it wasn't a war and you people didn't fire one bullet or kill anybody, you didn't brutalize anybody, you did not invade and subjugated anybody.

This is sickening I swear...

Someone accuses Nigeria of genocide and Nigerian defense is "well you shot guns too". I am amazed. This is even worse than the Turkish government response to accusation of the Armenian genocide. It is enough to let you know that Biafra declared independence to escape Nigeria's hate based killings while Nigeria declared war. If you feel Biafrans are unjustified in defending themselves from genocidal jihadists, you can't be helped. It is however interesting to note the reaction of the same Nigerians when there is report of killings, especially of NYSC members.

Saving the most important reply (so far) for last:

LADY OF RAGE: ....and my dearest uncle GILBERT OBI who fought for Biafra willingly without being forced to join the army. He was killed by his fellow Biafran soldiers mistakely in 1969. RIP Odogwu!

His pictures he took during the war still stands decorated in my maternal home. Adieu loved one!

It is for people like your uncle that I created this post. God grant him eternal rest and your family comfort. Heroes like him should not just be memorialized in your maternal home but also in Biafran culture - our history telling, our art, our monuments and most importantly, our hearts.

3 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
Which Biafran hero could have done this?.
The ans is Major Uchendu. On 31 march 1968, Major Uchendu destroyed the enemy's second div main force at Abagana. Major Uchendu's 11 tactical division destroyed a terrifying force moving in a convoy of 96 vehicles carrying stores and men.
Mjor Uchendu, one of my great heroes.

2 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2013
The Handiwork of Major Uchendu.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
smarttalk: Like I said, intelligence avoids
false equivalency. Biafra had
some international support, but
not on the scale that the
Americans had. France did supply
some arms to Biafra late in the
war, but denied it. They did not
give all out support. Portugal
allowed Biafran pilots to land on
their territories, but nothing
more. The support was just not
on the same level. If it were,
Biafra would be an independent
country and we would not have
been sending soldiers to the field
with few bullets.
you are just very funny! so you expect portugal and france to bring all the artilleries in their arsenal to alaigbo? Still wondering why you are refusing to believe they aren't intelligent as you supposed. Or better put, They are less intelligent than their counterpart.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Still on Major Uchendu, a great hero.

2 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: you are just very funny! so you expect portugal and france to bring all the artilleries in their arsenal to alaigbo? Still wondering why you are refusing to believe they aren't intelligent as you supposed. Or better put, They are less intelligent than their counterpart.

Well if intelligence to you is sitting around and waiting for a genocidal army to kill you, then maybe they don't meet your requirement. Did Britain bring all their weaponry to Nigeria or did they just supply the Nigerians. It is embarrassing that I have to explain this. If the weapons supply from France was in good measure, if the gave Biafra legal recognition and military support in the way they gave the Americans - the way Western powers gave given weapons in their many proxy wars, the outcome would have been different. I don't know how to make it any simpler.

Andre Uweh: The Handiwork of Major Uchendu.
Was he in the airforce?
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 6:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
joeyfire: From left Gunnar Hagland, Willy Murray-Bruce, Carl Gustav Von-Rosen , August Okpe, Martin Lang.

Did you read book by August Okpe? Is Willy Murray-Bruce the same guy from Bayelsa State?
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by joeyfire(m): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Dede1:

Did you read book by August Okpe? Is Willy Murray-Bruce the same guy from Bayelsa State?

One and the same. He's the eldest brother of ben murray-bruce. Its amazing how that mini-con squad was made up of some well-to-do folk
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
SmartTalk:

Well if intelligence to you is sitting around and waiting for a genocidal army to kill you, then maybe they don't meet your requirement. Did Britain bring all their weaponry to Nigeria or did they just supply the Nigerians. It is embarrassing that I have to explain this. If the weapons supply from France was in good measure, if the gave Biafra legal recognition and military support in the way they gave the Americans - the way Western powers gave given weapons in their many proxy wars, the outcome would have been different. I don't know how to make it any simpler.

Was he in the airforce?
Nigerian and later Biafran Army.
He was the commander of the 11 tactical division with headquarters at Oba.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Nigerian and later Biafran Army.
He was the commander of the 11 tactical division with headquarters at Oba.

Major Uchendu could have been a battalion or brigade commander. However, he was never a commander of 11th Division Biafran Army. The commander of the division was Brigadier Patrick Amadi.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
joeyfire:

One and the same. He's the eldest brother of ben murray-bruce. Its amazing how that mini-con squad was made up of some well-to-do folk

It is unfortunate that Flt. Lt Johnny Brown, from Nambe, died in Helicopter crash. He was another ace in the Biafran Air force.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Dede1:

Major Uchendu could have been a battalion or brigade commander. However, he was never a commander of 11th Division Biafran Army. The commander of the division was Brigadier Patrick Amadi.
You are right, but at some point Amadi was relocated to another sector and Major Uchendu took charge. As at the time of destruction of Nigeria's second division at Abagana, Major Uchendu was temporarily in charge and he deserves the credit. Not Amadi or Achuzia.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: shey those weapons that used to kill flies and not human being?
See the results of those weapons here.

2 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
Enedaa Okoji...aka Agu Biafria
Ubagu Okoji rip..Biafran hero
Patrick Onwuegbuna rip
Nwadinobi Ilochionwu...Biafran hero.
Udegbuna Okonkwo...rip.

Okodu will never forget thee.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ozodi na Ikedi...twin brothers that are known for their bravery in the war...rip.
Okodu will never forget you.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
See the results of those weapons here.
but hiroshima and nagasaki were not as destroyed as the image in this picture before Japan surrendered when little boy and fat man were respectively dropped on them. Why didn't the nigerian army surrender but the biafran army did after dropping such weapon?

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: but hiroshima and nagasaki were not as destroyed as the image in this picture before Japan surrendered when little boy and fat man were respectively dropped on them. Why didn't the nigerian army surrender but the biafran army did after dropping such weapon?
Dude your post here is totally irrelevant to the topic. The thread is about forgotten Biafran heroes. And I replied with Eng Ezekwe and his science and research institute that caused massive destruction of enemies. Later I included pictures of the results of Prof Ezekwe's team.
They are our heroes.
Go and start your thread with your own heroes instead of displaying stupidity here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos, Federal Govt Sign Agreement To End Waterways Dispute (Photos) / Report: How Civil Servants, Politicians Colluded To Loot Kwara Properties / North Korea Confirmed 19 Coronavirus Patients – All Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.