Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,144 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Seneca Sodi's First Visit To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seneca Sodi's First Visit To Heaven (1815 Views)

Dr Paul Enenche's Visit To Agatu Land / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seneca Sodi's First Visit To Heaven by sidespin: 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
SENECA SODI's
First Visit To Heaven
No sooner had I taken my seat in the chariot than I found I could converse with the angels with perfect
freedom. There seemed to be a kind of comprehension of ideas without the effort of words; and yet we
spoke as spirits speak. I have often heard words spoken while in the body which were wholly in the ear
of the soul, and yet most distinctly understood when there was no audible voice whatever — the same as
at St. Paul’s conversion: he heard a voice distinctly in his inner consciousness while those who
journeyed with him saw no man from whom the voice came.
I now asked, "Are you really and truly angels of God, about whom we have read and sung and heard so
much while in the world?"
"Truly we are," they replied, "but of our birth you know nothing, for in fact we were not born but created;
not in the earth but in celestial regions. We have learned our lessons in the past eternities in the presence
of God; but we are glad to be your servants and helpers now, and this has been our glad service ever
since man was created upon the earth, but we can tell you more about ourselves at another time."

I replied, "We have been strangers until this time, but you make me feel great confidence in your ability
to safely guide the chariot. I have been looking for this time for many years, but did not know it was so
near."
"Oh," said the charioteer, "you need have no fears, I will conduct you safely to your eternal home."
"I looked out of the chariot again and saw we were passing with indescribable speed. The earth with its
cities, towns and mountains were vanishing like a spector in the distance. We soon seemed to have the
moon under feet as we mounted the pillars of the heavens. We had much conversation on the way. I
found the angels most tender and lovely beings, so full of instruction and helpfulness; my soul loved
them exceedingly. I felt as though I was acquainted with the heavenly kingdom, for the angels had told
me so much. As I would look abroad from the chariot window, the stars could be seen everywhere just
as I had always seen them from the earth; I knew then we had not gone beyond the regions of the solar
system, so I asked the angel: "Where is heaven?"
"Oh," said he, "it is not far away. The earth is the first habitation of man, and while he is of the earth he
is earthly in his nature. Heaven is the future and everlasting habitation of all those who have prepared
themselves for it. You will soon find that my words are true that heaven is not far away. Your Father’s
love and care have provided both these worlds for you. Your heavenly home is your real home. The
earth was only your birthplace, the place of your beginning. But when God gave you eternal life He
connected you with all heavenly realms, for He gave you His life which has always been. "Look and
see," said he, for I was in the deepest consideration of these things for they meant so much to me now.
I looked abroad; we were just entering a region of bright clouds something like a glorious, glowing,
earthly sunset, only far superior. The time had been very brief indeed, but we were actually slowing up
in the great suburbs of the eternal kingdom.

"Listen a moment," I said to the angel, "what music do I hear? Is it real or am I in imagination?"
"It is the song of the redeemed in heaven you hear. All the heavenly kingdom is full of music without a
discord."
No sweeter music ever fell on my ears. I was perfectly enraptured with delight.
"Are we near the gates of the city?"
"Very near to the portals of paradise," he said. At this the angels bowed their heads and covered their
faces with their hands, while I fell flat on my face in the chariot. Stillness reigned in our souls, but deep
emotions began to heave in my breast. I felt I must break the silence by shouting the praises of
God. The angels now began to sing with a sweet voice, "Holy, holy, Lord God Almighty! Just and true
are all thy ways, thou King of Saints."
I sprang to my feet and for a moment seemed perfectly bewildered with what met my gaze in every
direction. The light was so transparent and far exceeding the most perfect day earth ever
afforded. Clusters of heavenly flowers were growing everywhere. Groves of beautiful trees loaded with
fruit, along with magnificent flowering shrubs beautiful beyond description met my eye in all
directions. Roadways like winding streets arranged with exquisite taste and beauty, were penetrating
this pleasure ground of glory. Lovely souls were coming and going, passing and re-passing each other
with the salutations and courtesies that heaven only knows.
The chariot was now slowing its speed and such raptures of glory which filled my soul, I cannot describe
them! I was simply lost in wonder, while I kept saying, "Surely I am at home at last." The chariot
seemed trembling as a thing of life and finally halted beside a beautiful grove of fruit laden trees. The
doors were opened and the angels stepped out. I fairly sprang with one leap to the solid foundations of
the heavenly kingdom. For a moment I stood perfectly entranced as I saw so many happy souls clothed
in white garments of lovely patterns, and all with such bright and happy faces beaming with perfect
contentment and satisfaction.
I could contain my feelings no longer. I fell on my face again beside the angel, with loud thanksgiving
to God; and was in the act of worshipping the angel for his great care of and kindness toward me, when
he said, "Worship God only, I am also a fellow servant of his and this is my joyous service." At that he
beckoned to one nearby. He came and was introduced as one of the elders of heaven, who gave me such
a cordial welcome that my soul loved him intensely at once.
The angel now said, "I leave you in his care, but may see you again shortly."
I put out my hand toward him saying, "I am sorry to see you go, you have been such a friend to
me. What can I do for your great kindness to me?"
"Oh, you can soon help others," said the angel. So waving with his hand, and with a lovely smile, he
said "Good-bye," and his chariot was gone.

The elder now said: "Well, my son, you are now at home. All that you see and infinitely more is the
provision of your heavenly Father’s love and almighty power. This is the borderland, my son, of the
heavenly domain. Your sacrifices on earth were little when compared to your great gains here."
"Oh yes, and they were really nothing," I said. There comes to my memory a sweet passage of scripture
which I never fully comprehend until now: "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment worketh
out for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." (2 Corinthians 4:17)
"Sure enough," said the elder. "You have only begun to comprehend the glory; the weight of it you will
yet feel."
"The grandeur and beauty of everything excels my highest expectation. Everything seems so real. Do
tell me if I only fancy or am I in a dream, or is it really true that I am in heaven?"
"Oh," the elder replied, "it is a common thing for souls when they reach the heavenly world to seem
bewildered when first ushered into the presence of angels and the spirits of just men made perfect, and
the glory of this kingdom. It does, indeed, exceed the most sanguine expectation. No, my son, you are
not in a vision, you are really here. Your body indeed is left behind you, and you will find that you have
many things to learn ere you reach the throne in the Holy city. But be content, for I see you have
thoroughly washed your robes and made them white ere you left your earthly habitation." "Be perfectly
free," said the elder, "in asking any questions you may like; for the knowledge of this world is acquired
by investigation and inquiry as was our earthly knowledge. Every desire you have will be fully met. All
your cravings, desires and longings after the knowledge of your everlasting habitation have been fully
provided for here. Your heavenly Father’s will will be your will and all that you see, and infinitely more,
are yours to enjoy forever. If you have made good use of your opportunities in your past life you have
much treasure laid up in the city of which our Lord spoke while on earth and of which you will know
more later on."

"I see," said the elder, "that yonder is another soul just brought from earth to paradise whom I must go
and welcome." So saying, he went toward the chariot and there stepped out a lovely looking man, indeed,
clothed in a robe of the purest white. The elder beckoned me to him. As I came near and heard this
conversation I found he was from the opposite side of the earth from which I had come. He spoke a
different language from my own and yet I understood him well. In a moment he lifted up his hands and
clasping them together he said, "Oh, bless God forever," at which we both fell on our faces with adoring
praise to our Almighty Father. We continued long for our souls were overcome with the raptures of this
place.

When we arose, another saint, apparently of ancient times, came to him, and said, "Let me assist you in
the ways of the kingdom." I heard him ask after his name. He answered: "I am Bohemond of northern
Russia. Only a few hours ago I kissed my wife and children good-bye and embarked on a vessel on the
White Sea at Oneida bound for the North Cape. I only remember that the vessel was sinking and we
were many fathoms below the surface. Oh, do tell me, is this heaven or is it but the mariner’s dream of
home, when he is far away?"
"My son," said this venerable father, "You have safely landed, not at the North Cape nor in the bottom of
the White Sea, but in your eternal home. Your body no doubt is in the depths of the briny deep; but the angel was with you as the vessel went down and has brought you safely here. Your body will be cared
for in the resurrection day of rewards."

The elder who was with me said, "How rapidly we are gathering from all lands into our Father’s
house. This is only one of the many stations located in these distant portions of paradise. To these
stations all souls come for their introduction into this heavenly home."
"How is that, will you explain to me?"
"Surely," he replied, "you will more fully understand as we go forward. You could not have endured the
glory of the throne, without being prepared for it. Even now you could not endure the light so abundant
within the city."

Just at this moment I saw a woman step from a chariot. She seemed to be so bewildered that she sank
down as one of the attendants approached her. She threw up her hands and cried out in amazement, "Oh,
my God! I am not worthy nor fit for this glory. Oh, can I ever be made right with God?" She closed her
eyes almost unconscious with bewilderment and it seemed she could not speak as her attendant kindly
addressed her with most loving words. At last she opened her eyes and looked about in wonder and
amazement exclaiming, "Oh, these white garments, these golden goblets, trees of life and blooming
flowers! I am not worthy of them. Have I really a right to be here and to all these beautiful trees loaded
with such lovely fruit? Oh, the mercy of God! I was such a great sinner."
"Yes, indeed," replied her guide, "but your sins have all been forgiven. The angels make no
mistakes. You have a right to these trees, for they are His on whom you have believed; yea they are
yours, for you are His."
At this she arose to her feet and said: "But have I the wedding garment on? I was earnestly trying when
the chariot came for me. I was in such deep distress and confusion of soul, knowing I had not been
prepared for so great a change."
"You have been saved, my child." said her attendant, "so as by fire, you were not a faithful servant of
God, you did not build with gold, silver and precious stones, but with wood, hay and stubble, which have
been burnt. God cannot reward you largely now. These infinite blessings spread out before you in all
directions may be obtained by and by, when you are prepared for them. Be faithful to your present
opportunities, for much is before you to be done. Advancements which ought to have been made in the
world will have to be made here, ere you can go on to the city gates, or see the shining glory of the
Jasper wall. Come with me and I will assist you in a further knowledge of Christ and His eternal
salvation and kingdom."

I now said to the elder by my side, "Will you explain to me her great mistake?"
"Surely," he replied. "She represents a very large class in the world who have not made good use of
earthly opportunities, she was never deeply interested in her salvation till near the time of her death. Do
you not see how slim and lean she looks, and how little clothing she has, only a gown! Her repentance
has been genuine and her faith accepted the promises of eternal life in her Lord, and her forgiveness has
been complete. She has added but little grace and almost no growth to her soul. She feels now, as all
such souls do and must feel, her great loss. She has no treasure laid up in heaven. Paradise itself seems
too good for her; but God in His great mercy will bring her on. These trees are for her. Their leaves are
full of healing virtue. No one who has not received the gift of eternal life and been born again will ever
be carried by the angels to this glory. Many, alas, perish from the earth in sight of the Redeemer’s
outstretched arms of love and mercy, because they will not accept His gracious help; they love the
pleasures of sin more than God or these everlasting joys and pleasures at His right hand here
forevermore."

"Oh, blessed Christ," I cried, "filled with everlasting love and mercy for thy people, that even in the last
moments of life, like the dying thief, may be snatched from the jaws of death! But, oh, her great loss,
how sad!" (Seneca Sodi)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Popes To Be Declared Saints In April / NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? / T.D. Jakes Comes Out For 'Gay Marriage' And 'LGBT Churches'...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.