Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,567 members, 7,823,485 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

What Not To Wear To A Wedding. - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Not To Wear To A Wedding. (28801 Views)

Chic Outfits You Can Wear To Work From Monday Through Thursday / What To Wear To Every Other Wedding Event / A Wedding Dress Made Out Of Condoms (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Kaxmytex(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2013
[size=28pt]OP, can u pls tell us d type of cloth we are 2 wear....[/size]
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by dbride: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2013
People really have plenty of time to waste making rules that they cannot enforce. In fact breaking any of those rules does not affect the celebrant or would it stop the wedding from holding? Next wedding please!

2 Likes

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by vickyozohu(f): 10:55am On Mar 26, 2013
Interesting list, bt i still stand that a native attire ie, ankara would do. Gown preferably.
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by GJames(m): 10:57am On Mar 26, 2013
NA BOXER, SINGLET & SLIPPERS SURE PASS
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by tintingz(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2013
oyibo crap!
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by omowolewa: 11:07am On Mar 26, 2013
What not to wear = cloth

What to wear = cloth

Thank God you didn't mention 'Agbada'!
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by ifyfaith: 11:10am On Mar 26, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Sunnycliff(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
After this list, there is nothing left for me to wear undecided

u are funny

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Lilimax(f): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]OP, can u pls tell us d type of cloth we are 2 wear....[/size]
Wear Buba ati iro, Agbada, George, Akwete, etc.
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Morgan1092(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2013
Ok! its strictly 4 d ladies. Meanwhile dia is nothn left 4 dem 2 wear again. Unless dis

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by deols(f): 11:23am On Mar 26, 2013
I was at a wedding where some guests came wearing the same colour as d couple. It wasnt too good. It didnt affect the wedding either. Nice one @ op
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by 5much(m): 11:34am On Mar 26, 2013
are they going to listen to all these rules
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Kedro(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2013
Men version pls
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by bestower: 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
After this list, there is nothing left for me to wear undecided
Then go nakedly.

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by anitank(f): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
great points but am not sure about rule #9. Well tailored shorts and a beautiful chiffon blouse with the right colour and a pair of matching heels would look great for a wedding ceremony #IMO. I'm certainly not talking about denim shorts.

Because invariably u're telling us to stick with just gowns

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by anitank(f): 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Kedro: Men version pls
Do ur own research and create a thread

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by demelza: 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
@Uzoo
Pls consider getting a blog, I really love your articles on fashion.

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by SECURITYWOMAN(f): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
The threadstarter is making a whole loTTA senSE.
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by dopeJemi: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
I disagree with d 'don't wear white' ruLe.. So if I decide 2 put on a suit.. What shouLd I wear inside? A bLack sLeeve? I be deviL?

U can put on white buh it shudnt be alL white.. U can't say we shudnt wear white atalL

Abi na only girLs u dey taLk abt undecided

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by fredopayee(m): 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
I wonder wht remaineth nah. I believe she doesn't like giving wedding gift that's why she is given us all these excuses.
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
yetunde01: Ok I hear. Pls tell us what †Φ wear then. When u state a problem u give a solution.

Infact, I tire o!
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by osifred(m): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
Copy and paste

No credit to original source
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
I completely disagree about the pantsuit. sad Many women just don't look good in dresses or aren't comfortable in a dress. There is nothing wrong with an elegant pantsuit. I also disagree about black.Black can definitely be worn to weddings if it fits with the time and style of the wedding.

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Armaniswiz(m): 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]OP, can u pls tell us d type of cloth we are 2 wear....[/size]

It's simple, a wedding is a formal occasion n can b tagged a 'black tie' event. Whatever is suitable for a red carpet show will do for a wedding. For the ladies a classy dinner/evening dress that won't show too much skin is perfect but I disagree with the OP on d 'no black' dress ish. For men, u can never go wrong with a dark suit preferably a (tuxedo) white shirt and a black tie is perfect, the suit shld b black,midnight blue or dark grey and make sure u are wearing a polished black shoe n belt. U'll definitely appear very smart.

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
I totally disagree with the following:

1: No white: This actually depends on the style of the dress. The style has to be one which won't take attention from the bride. Imagine at a Nigerian wedding, the women who tie white buba and wrapper, I don't even notice their presence. The style has to be a subdued one, one that doesn't scream "oh, I'm wearing white"

3: No pantsuits: Seriously who came up with this? undecided undecided What then would you say of brides who decide to wed in a pantsuit? There is absolutely nothing wrong in wearing a pantsuit as long as you have the figure to pull the look off.

7: Black: All black everything, totally bad idea. But when the right color of accessories is blended with the black outfit, you'll see the life in the dress.
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Armaniswiz(m): 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
Probably a pant suit is ok as long as it doesn't look tacky but more classy(i dnt mean too expensive tho). But a dress is more formal for weddings except you dnt feel comfy in dresses or have stuffs to hide!
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by specialguest(f): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
In Nigeria we buy ASOEBI's for most weddings we are invited to. Infact the asoebi comes with the invitation card so how we go fit wear wrong attire for wedding ? except if tailor disappoint you at the last minute that's when you go enter wardrope begin dey search for flip flops and matching suit tongue
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by Dubemkelly(m): 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
Absolutely on point,gurl u made whole lotta sense,4 ladies,black aint a kul colour 2 b worn buh 4 men,d blend of d colour z kul cos we most tyms hv got blaq suits, d ladies do get d colour of d day as indicated on d IV wrong,most of dem think dt d colours chosen r 4 dem 2 rock it nd @d end of d day,d event becums less colourful...I totally agree wid no white,blaq,flip flops....Trendy natives r kul as well
Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by fruityjojo(f): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lakayana: Are we talking about what not to wear to oyinbo weddings? What's our business with that this is Nairaland and we are Nigerians there so can we discuss what not to wear to 9ja parties please?
soooo not true. This rules apply 2 Nigerians as well. An example of No 10 is uche jumbo who wore stiletto 2 a weddin nd ended up walkin lyk sm1 who was goin crippled!

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by fruityjojo(f): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
Cos d terrain of d venue was very Rocky

1 Like

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding. by blackbeau1(f): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
This post is mostly for the foreigners but nigerian ladies would do well to read some of the points like don't wear shorts or slutty dresses to the wedding.and as for the part about calling the bride to find out the colour of the dress,e be like say u no know naija where ppl attend weddings without knowing any of the parties involved. I rest my case

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Can You Rock These Sandals? / Oluchi Onweagba Without Make-Up (Picture) / Ladies, Would You Rock This Outfit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.