Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England (4851 Views)

Nigeria U20 Stars Hand Cash To Patients During Visit To New Plymouth Hospital / Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 / South Korea Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup On 27th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by kgbd(m): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
The draw, which was made in sight of the brand new FIFA U-20 World Cup Trophy saw the 24 competing teams learned the names of their opponents and the host cities for their group stage matches.
Host nation, Turkey will square up against El Salvador, Colombia and Australia in group C in what has been described as the toughest draws of the night. Another interesting pairing saw USA, France, Spain plus ayet to be named team in Africapaired together in Group A.
However, the Flying Eagles of Nigeria will have to wait till theend of the ongoing Africa Youth Championships to know where they exactly stand. Should they become African champions on March 30, they automatically find themselves in Group E where they will take on England, Iraq and Chile. And if the reverse is thecase, they may be zoned in Group A, B, or D of the tournament to be decided in a special draw.
Two of the most successful teams in this competition Braziland Argentina will be missing in action because they failed to qualify from their South American zone.
The World Youth Championship will be played from 21 June to 13 July in the seven host cities of Antalya, Bursa, Gaziantep, Istanbul, Kayseri, Rize and Trabzon.
FIFA U-20 World Cup 2013 group stage draw:
GROUP A (Istanbul, Kayseri): France , CAF, USA, and Spain.
GROUP B (Kayseri, Istanbul): Cuba , Korea Republic, CAF, Portugal
GROUP C (Trabzon, Rize,Gaziantep): Turkey, El Salvador, Colombia, Australia
GROUP D (Gaziantep, Trabzon): Mexico, Greece, Paraguay, CAF
GROUP E (Antalya, Bursa): Chile, CAF Champions, England, Iraq
GROUP F (Bursa, Antalya): OFC Champions, Uzbekistan, Uruguay, Croatia
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by mosquitoNet(m): 11:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
Make dem play spain na
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by kgbd(m): 11:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by kgbd(m): 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
mosquitoNet: Make dem play spain na
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by kgbd(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
mosquitoNet: Make dem play spain na
it will be difficult playing thier style of play . I prefer England
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by dridowu: 9:41am On Mar 26, 2013
I prefer England
We rule the World
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Mar 26, 2013
Omo!!

That Group A na die o!! shocked shocked shocked

Shouldnt France & Spain have been amongst the number 1 seeds?! How did they end up in the same group?!

Nigeria needs to add snipers to the U-20 team o!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Kaxmytex(m): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2013
Lobatan!
[size=28pt]why dem kum qualify gan sef?[/size]
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Akpaife(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2013
We dnt fear any team becos we r d champion of africa
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Tolexander: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2013
England gat correct youth team? Abeg! Make them comot england from the lineup
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by globechamp: 10:06am On Mar 26, 2013
Kaxmytex: Lobatan!
[size=28pt]why dem kum qualify gan sef?[/size]

I hope NFF will book return tickets for the Nigeria team. I think they should be back, 1 week max angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Emmanuelpastooo: 10:12am On Mar 26, 2013
We need strong opponet o
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by johnwizey: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2013
Na dem sabi jawe,make dem play anytin dey like...... e no kuku reduce my salary
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13am On Mar 26, 2013
globechamp:

I hope NFF will book return tickets for the Nigeria team. I think they should be back, 1 week max angry angry angry angry angry

Or we can loan them to another country as supporters club... grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by mosquitoNet(m): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2013
kgbd: it will be difficult playing thier style of play . I prefer England
As a team they should be ready for any team. I want Spain.
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by pekelepekele(m): 10:33am On Mar 26, 2013
Congrats lets not underrate our own players just like we did with the super eagles laying against cote d voire
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Soso990240(m): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2013
Our under 20team is gud..those boys are trying.i pray they mk us proud,jst like d super eaglez.
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by eriegua83: 10:45am On Mar 26, 2013
I am not afraid because our men of 30-35yrs can take any under 20 team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by kennyx2000: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2013
nigeria can win spain or england
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by An0nimus: 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
globechamp:

if them come win am now this your grammar go shange
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by dahdah: 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
Where is CRISANTUS MARCULEY? Just asking..
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by Frostyzone(m): 3:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Omo!!

That Group A na die o!! shocked shocked shocked

Shouldnt France & Spain have been amongst the number 1 seeds?! How did they end up in the same group?!

Both teams age-grade pedigree is not at the same level as their national team pedigree.

At the under 20 level, Nigeria and Ghana actually have better reputation than Spain and France.

Nigeria is a finalists on two occasions, why Ghana is the current World Champion(also a finalists on two occasions).
Re: Nigeria U20 To Play Spain, Portugal Or England by delors(m): 2:26am On Mar 27, 2013
Abeg change the topic to 'NIGERIA TO GET BEATEN BY SPAIN, PORTUGAL OR ENGLAND...Nor dey raise our hopes unnecessarily abeg!

(1) (Reply)

Free Live In Play Tips For Bet365 Users / Moses Simon: Nigeria's Cristiano Ronaldo? Watch Out... / Sure Daily 2 Odds Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.