Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering (9027 Views)

Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / List Of Nigeria Universities That Doesn't Require Jamb For Admission. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
They should go to all public Nigerian Universities and see.

Most of our professors have no moral right to point fingers at politicians as far as corruption
is concerned; they all belong to the same ugly boat. sad

I have three friends who labored VERY HARD and scored above 60 in P. UTME/above 250 in JAMB, but were given
LIBRARY SCIENCE instead of something similar-at the very least- to what they applied for; Medicine and Surgery. Now those my guys dey Poly dey hustle to get HND for Laboratory Technology. sad

The generations of Nigerians from 1930-1960 failed this country! And the current trend with the generations after leave us with no hope.

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. God dey.
Re: 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering by a1solution: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
Justicemy: wen i first saw dis story i tot i it ws one of does high ranking naija uni, wats my busness wit one bush Niger state college of educatn ? If naija wnts 2 fight coruptn let dem start frm de top
Why the insult?
Re: 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering by Ade0001(m): 5:54am On Mar 27, 2013
Edified: Officials of the State Security Service, Niger State command, has apprehended 18 lecturers of the Niger State College of Education for alleged admission racketeering.

The provost of the institution, Professor Faruk Lawal who declined to speak on camera, told Channels Television that the syndicate was discovered when the school authority on suspicion of a foul play in the admission process decided to change the institution’s admission process.

He maintained that the lecturers who had been involved in the practice for more than 10 years were collecting money, ranging from fifty thousand to hundred thousand naira to admit students who did not have the Senior Secondary Certificate (S.S.C.E).

Professor Lawal disclosed that over 1000 students were affected, adding that investigation into the racket was on-going with a view to unmasking other members of the syndicate.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/25/18-lecturers-nabbed-by-sss-for-admission-racketeering/

Another Faruk Why is he scared of showing his face na?
Re: 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 27, 2013
GraceBestowed: "Everyday is for the barawo ..!!" May God give us the wisdom to use our senses, and talents, for good, and not evil!

AMEN!!!!
Re: 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering by blocker: 12:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
grin grin SSS come to ESUT and see rackettering, when coming come with 6 luxurious buses unless una go dey go 25 times before una go pack them finish.
Re: 18 Lecturers Nabbed For Admission Racketeering by Cityguy: 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
oyb: i have to wonder if boko haram are on vacation

SSS is chasing crooked lecturers when there are bigger fish to fry?

when did admission racketeering become an issue of national security?

my kudos are restrained

there are better things for the SSS to do
Are you for real? So you'd rather leave them and go after bh! I tire for you guys. What a reasoning!!! #cringe#

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Tired Of Law / UNN Courses, Cut Off Mark And Admission Requirements / Nigerian Universities 2011/2012 Post Utme/ume Screening Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.