Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) (1441 Views)

Woman Was Severely Caned For Being Seen Near Man Who Wasn't Her Husband / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / The God Who Wasn't There. (full Movie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by bawomolo(m): 11:53pm On Mar 30, 2008
[size=15pt]The God Who Wasn't There[/size]

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=34555

movie that has been astounding audiences in theaters around the world is now available on a high-quality, feature-packed DVD. Own the taboo-shattering documentary that Newsweek says "irreverently lays out the case that Jesus Christ never existed."

In this critically acclaimed film, you will discover:

* The early founders of Christianity seem wholly unaware of the idea of a human Jesus

* The Jesus of the Gospels bears a striking resemblance to other ancient heroes and the figureheads of pagan savior cults

* Contemporary Christians are largely ignorant of the origins of their religion

* Fundamentalism is as strong today as it ever has been, with an alarming 44% of Americans believing that Jesus will return to earth in their lifetimes

From exposing the hidden history of Christianity to lampooning the bloody excesses of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ (which caused Gibson to attempt legal action against the documentary), The God Who Wasn't There pulls no punches.

Directed by award-winning filmmaker (and former Christian) Brian Flemming, The God Who Wasn't There includes stimulating interviews with:

* Sam Harris, author of The End of Faith and Letter to a Christian Nation

* Robert M. Price, Jesus Seminar fellow and author of The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man

* Alan Dundes, Professor of Folklore at the University of California at Berkeley

* Richard Carrier, historian and author of Sense and Goodness Without God

* Barbara & David P. Mikkelson, authors of the Urban Legends Reference Pages at snopes.com

* And many others

Dazzling motion graphics and a driving soundtrack propel this uncompromising film that the Los Angeles Times calls "provocative - to put it mildly."

1 Like

Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by 4Him(m): 12:01am On Mar 31, 2008
No quicksilverscreen employees threatened with death yet?  grin
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by sysuserX(m): 12:14am On Mar 31, 2008
so much for sacred cows
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by bawomolo(m): 1:59am On Mar 31, 2008
No quicksilverscreen employees threatened with death yet?

lol i hope not. i did check out the FITNA movie. the movie seemed a bit extreme
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by JayFK(m): 4:17am On Mar 31, 2008
yeah I've seen this one before, It always cracks me up when the Rev stands up because he can't argue.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by oloriooko(m): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2008
So what do you want us to do now? Join you in your confused life? or become lost like you?

Buzz off buddy, whether you believe it or not we see the proof that Jesus is very much alive and He wants you to change. cool
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by Maykelly(f): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2008
bawomolo:

[size=15pt]The God Who Wasn't There[/size]
In this critically acclaimed film, you will discover:

filmmaker (and OSAMIN BIN LADEN (The Terrorist & former M.uslim Christian) Brian Flemming, The God Who Wasn't There includes stimulating interviews with:

Dazzling motion graphics and a driving soundtrack propel this uncompromising film that the Los Angeles Times calls "provocative - to put it mildly."

Indeed the great ones god who wasn't there grin grin. The video revealed the truth shocked shocked. Glory to FATHER, SON and HOLYSPIRIT cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by JayFK(m): 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2008
oloriooko:

So what do you want us to do now? Join you in your confused life? or become lost like you?

Buzz off buddy, whether you believe it or not we see the proof that Jesus is very much alive and He wants you to change. cool

lol what confused life? I don't even want to begin to attack christianity. Pray tell, what proof that Jesus is alive? Its beyond me, how a rational human being can still continue to believe in such tripe in this day and age. Prove to me that Jesus is alive and Ill renounce my belief system.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by PastorAIO: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2008
While this video is longwinded and not very deep ( you can see it for free on youtube) I think it is good that it has been made. Few 'christians' know anything about the origins of the faith they profess. That is why I recommend it, but then I recommend that they go further and study about the growth of christianity and also the religious movements that abounded at the turn of the millenium in judaea. Especially the various jewish movements. This will tremendously help to provide the context that many of us so obviously lack.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by Maykelly(f): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2008
JayFK:

lol what confused life? I don't even want to begin to attack christianity. Pray tell, what proof that Jesus is alive? Its beyond me, how a rational human being can still continue to believe in such tripe in this day and age. Prove to me that Jesus is alive and Ill renounce my belief system.

HIS ALIVE HIS ALIVE HIS ALIVE !!!
THE STONE HAS ROLL AWAY
I SEE THE EMPTY GRAVE!!!

JESUS CHRIST OF A TRUTH YOUR ALIVE - YOU'RE NOT IN THE GRAVE - YOUR THE WAY, TRUTH & LIFE.
THE HUMBLE SON OF THE TRUE LIVING GOD - I PRAISE YOU, YOUR INDEED LORD!!!
JAYFK, You requested for it and you have it!

Acts 2:24
But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Romans 6:9
For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by JayFK(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
May kelly:

THE STONE HAS ROLL AWAY

I SEE THE EMPTY GRAVE!!!

JESUS CHRIST OF A TRUTH YOUR ALIVE - YOU'RE NOT IN THE GRAVE - YOUR THE WAY, TRUTH & LIFE.
THE HUMBLE SON OF THE TRUE LIVING GOD - I PRAISE YOU, YOUR INDEED LORD!!!
JAYFK, You requested for it and you have it!

Acts 2:24
But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Romans 6:9
For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

May Kelly you're a fundie and quite frankly your opinion is not valid to me. The bible is not a valid history book.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by 4Him(m): 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2008
JayFK:

May Kelly you're a fundie and quite frankly your opinion is not valid to me. The bible is not a valid history book.

has anyone tried to force it into ur history class?
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by Maykelly(f): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2008
JayFK:

PEOPLE WHO TRUSTED IN THE NAME OF GOD THROUGH THIS WISDOM BOOK FOR THE WISE CALLED THE HOLY BIBLY - HAVE GONE THE WORLD, DID THEIR RESEARCH AND CONFESS "THAT THE HOLY BOOK BIBLE IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER BOOKS WHETHER KORA AWARD BOOK, OR ETC
HOLY BIBLE - GUARANTEED FOR ALL!!!
Now you believe. JayFK i know your shy. but you can confess to me in secret ok.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by JayFK(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

has anyone tried to force it into your history class?

you've obviously not read the whole argument. She claims its valid why? because the bible says so. What does that imply?

May kelly:

PEOPLE WHO TRUSTED IN THE NAME OF GOD THROUGH THIS WISDOM BOOK FOR THE WISE CALLED THE HOLY BIBLY - HAVE GONE THE WORLD, DID THEIR RESEARCH AND CONFESS "THAT THE HOLY BOOK BIBLE IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER BOOKS WHETHER KORA AWARD BOOK, OR ETC
HOLY BIBLE - GUARANTEED FOR ALL!!!
Now you believe. JayFK i know your shy. but you can confess to me in secret ok.

lol May Kelly, I think you might be on the brink of schizophrenia. Might wanna take it easy on the LSD
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by 4Him(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2008
JayFK:

you've obviously not read the whole argument. She claims its valid why? because the bible says so. What does that imply?

you've obviously not been following our argument either. You claim its invalid why? Because YOU say so? What are you implying?
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by JayFK(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

you've obviously not been following our argument either. You claim its invalid why? Because YOU say so? What are you implying?

lol there is no argument.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by PastorAIO: 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2008
Perhaps it would be helpful if JayFK cited some points where the bible proves itself to be invalid as an historical document. And also May Kelly could give us some examples of research that have been done by the people she mentioned that proves the bible is an historical document
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by Maykelly(f): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2008
Pastor AIO:

And also May Kelly could give us some examples of research that have been done by the people she mentioned that proves the bible is an historical document

Example is me. I am a leaving proof that the Bible is a True word of God. I don't need to tell how I arrived at my conclusion. Do your own research. We do not force people to believe in our GOD, we are not like those who will kill if you don't believe in god e.g saul change to Paul in the Bible. So I will not denie I know the truth and the Truth shall set me free.

@Pastor AIO, YES BIBLE IS THE PERFECT WORD OF GOD besides all other books; The difference is clear!!!
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by PastorAIO: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2008
May kelly:

Example is me. I am a leaving proof that the Bible is a True word of God. I don't need to tell how I arrived at my conclusion. Do your own research. We do not force people to believe in our GOD, we are not like those who will kill if you don't believe in god e.g saul change to Paul in the Bible. So I will not denie I know the truth and the Truth shall set me free.

@Pastor AIO, YES BIBLE IS THE PERFECT WORD OF GOD besides all other books; The difference is clear!!!

This is exactly what I am trying to avoid. This post does not further the conversation in any way whatsoever. You say you're living (sic) proof, but I don't know you so that does not prove anything to me. I would presume that your reason for contributing to this thread is to share and testify. But when I hear you say that you don't need to tell me how you arrived at your conclusion I feel somewhat let down. So what is your motive for contributing.
When debating it is erroneous to think that merely by reiterating a position you are advancing your argument.
Re: The God Who Wasn't There (video Included) by JayFK(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2008
May kelly:

What a fallacious argument May Kelly. You just proved how ignorant you are, I guess the bible states you should not be able to think for yourself or question your beliefs. Your a con man's wet dream.

The bible is pseudohistory written about stories and hearsay by "prophets", Moses wrote "Genesis"? anyways there might be "some" legitimate history concerning the book of kings and Chronicles but some of those accounts are contradictory. Other parts such as in Samuel, David did not actually kill Goliath, but rather Elhanan did, but of course David was the more famous character so the deed was ascribed to him and another Goliath was created who just happened to be living at the same time, problem solved by just making him his brother. You dont just make up history as you go along.

(1) (Reply)

The Flat Earth Lie and Myth . . . / A Man Who Served A Popular Church All His Life Sick & Ignored / What did Muhammad say about Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.