Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? (5620 Views)

Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / Praying With Shoes / Exploring Suratul Kahf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maasoap(m): 12:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
I've heard scholars saying that there is nothing wrong in reciting the sural while praying (worshipping) but I don't just feel comfortable with it whenever Imam recites it. I don't personally recite it while observing al-solat. Can somebody enlighten me a little bit?
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maclatunji: 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
The scholars are right, it is a Chapter of the Qur'an and should be used in Solat.

1 Like

Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maasoap(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji: The scholars are right, it is a Chapter of the Qur'an and should be used in Solat.
Thanks. Can I sample opinion here then? Do you normally read read it during solat?
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by tbaba1234: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
hehe... It is a surah of the Quran... Read the tafsir and you would get a deeper understanding. You can use it in your salat.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maasoap(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
tbaba1234: hehe... It is a surah of the Quran... Read the tafsir and you would get a deeper understanding. You can use it in your salat.
I understand you very well but I know of only one person that recite it while observing solat. Do you read it too while observing solat?
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maclatunji: 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
I do but not too frequently. There is this story of an Imam who recited Suratul Masad and by the time he finished the prayer, all of his followers were no where to be found.

They equated reciting it to him cursing them. It happened in Nigeria.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by tbaba1234: 4:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
maclatunji: I do but not too frequently. There is this story of an Imam who recited Suratul Masad and by the time he finished the prayer, all of his followers were no where to be found.

grin grin grin

Ignorance is a bad thing..
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by dominique(f): 9:25am On Mar 27, 2013
maclatunji: I do but not too frequently. There is this story of an Imam who recited Suratul Masad and by the time he finished the prayer, all of his followers were no where to be found.

Whoa! shocked. Hope this is not true. Abi they're family with Abu lahab ni? grin
I also don't use it during solat but I can never walk away during a solat because its being recited. How about Surat ul Taobah? The only Surah that didn't start with Bismillahi Rahmani Raheem, Should it be used for Solat?
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maclatunji: 9:47am On Mar 27, 2013
dominique:

Whoa! shocked. Hope this is not true. Abi they're family with Abu lahab ni? grin
I also don't use it during solat but I can never walk away during a solat because its being recited. How about Surat ul Taobah? The only Surah that didn't start with Bismillahi Rahmani Raheem, Should it be used for Solat?

There is no part of the Quran that cannot be recited during Salat. The problem with the majority of people's perception of Suratul Masad and many other parts of the Quran in Yorubaland is that majority know little about Islam and the Quran. Hence, certain myths have evolved over the years amongst people. One of the most pervasive ones is that 'Tabatiada' is a most effective curse against your enemies.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maasoap(m): 11:38am On Mar 27, 2013
I wasn't even aware of this incident. But honestly speaking, I don't see it as Imam cursing the congregation but I don't just feel comfortable cursing the man and his wife most especially while praying. May Allah forgive me.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maasoap(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2013
tbaba1234:
grin grin grin
Ignorance is a bad thing..
Question ignored, I see. You don't read it too but didn't want to lie and didn't want to say truth.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by deols(f): 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
And u just reminded me to recite it again.
The first time I heard ds question raised, I didnt have doubts that it can be recited.

Ever since, I recite it whenever the controversy, if I can call it that comes back to mind.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by tbaba1234: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
maasoap: Question ignored, I see. You don't read it too but didn't want to lie and didn't want to say truth.

It is not one of my commonly recited surah, I can't remember the last time I used it in salat. But I have no problems using it.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by maasoap(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2013
tbaba1234:
It is not one of my commonly recited surah, I can't remember the last time I used it in salat. But I have no problems using it.
It means that majority feels the same way about its recitation, which is reluctance to recite it.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by mu2sa2: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
l have never witnessed this surah recited in salat anywhere, not just in Yorubaland but also in the north.Even in saudi arabia.But as. a surah of the noble Quran scholars say it may be used in salat.
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by U09ce: 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
This is the first time I am hearing this. I've been led many times in congregation with this surah. What I know is that one can read from any part of the Quran. The most important is for you to ponder upon the verses being recited
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
i actually read this surah in every salah that i make on mondays. the reason i do this is that it is a supplication. there is indication that the punishment of abu lahab is lessened on mondays based on his gesture to his slave who announced to him the birth of the messenger [SA], which was on Monday. so monday is especially a good day among others to supplicate to Allah against abu labah.

tasfeerbyasim..com/.../tafseer-of-surah-al-masad-chapter-111.ht.

. . . .Abu Lahab's slave 'Ursa Thuwaybah al-Islamiah fed Muhammad milk. After she informed him that his brother's wife Aminah had given birth to a son Abu Lahab freed her due to his happiness, and was rewarded by having his punishment reduced.

It is narrated that 'Ursa said;

“When Abu Lahab died, some of his family members saw him in a dream in a very terrible state. They asked him what he experienced so far and what happened in the grave. He replied, After parting from you, I have not found any rest, good or relief. However because I released Thuwaybah, I get water every Monday from the finger with which I pointed for her to go free and I feel some comfort."
—Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62: Kitabun Nikaah (Wedlock, Marriage), Hâdith Number 38
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by Aareefboss(m): 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
Thank you all for the contribution.
we all undertand that GOD Almighty has made every surah halal for us to use in solat.
some people are found of deceiving people that since the sura is used to course abu lahab that it should not be used for solat. But remember ALLAH Has not said in any ayat or verse in the quran that any ayat that is coursing should not be used for solat but he only made it clear to us that we can pray with any of the sura, ayat and hizb in the quran.
thanks for comprehending.
i don't know all but the prophet said "deliver my message to people even with one ayat".
if am wrong pls dont abuse me but quote my comment and correct me or you contact me through aareefboss@gmail.com or through 08030458981
Thank you may GOD give us understanding
Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by Aareefboss(m): 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
mu2sa2:
l have never witnessed this surah recited in salat anywhere, not just in Yorubaland but also in the north.Even in saudi arabia.But as. a surah of the noble Quran scholars say it may be used in salat.
we all undertand that GOD Almighty has made every surah halal for us to use in solat.
some people are found of deceiving people that since the sura is used to course abu lahab that it should not be used for solat. But remember ALLAH Has not said in any ayat or verse in the quran that any ayat that is coursing should not be used for solat but he only made it clear to us that we can pray with any of the sura, ayat and hizb in the quran.
i don't know all but the prophet said "deliver my message to people even with one ayat".
if am wrong pls dont abuse me but quote my comment and correct me or you contact me through aareefboss@gmail.com or through 08030458981
i actually read this surah in every salah that i make on mondays. the reason i do this is that it is a supplication. there is indication that the punishment of abu lahab is lessened on mondays based on his gesture to his slave who announced to him the birth of the messenger [SA], which was on Monday. so monday is especially a good day among others to supplicate to Allah against abu labah.

tasfeerbyasim..com/.../tafseer-of-surah-al-masad-chapter-111.ht.

Re: Praying With Suratul Masadd: How Proper? by tolufase: 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2021
There is no chapter in the Holy Quran that you can't use in observing your solat

(1) (Reply)

How Should We Raise Our Children? / Bidha ( Innovation In Islam) / Why Are Black Africans Moslems Considered Inferior By The Arabs Moslems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.