Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month (56376 Views)

Airtel Unlimited Night Plan. / How To Make Whatsapp Free For Life Time , Get Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For L / Airtel Unlimited BBM Subscription On ANDROID At #300 For A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by miky(m): 7:06am On Mar 27, 2013
This is serious cheating.. Charging for a damn app?? Even the download is free
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Arcard(m): 7:06am On Mar 27, 2013
Oga's in d thread wat of 2go any idea.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Osyxcel(m): 7:06am On Mar 27, 2013
Demdem:

Been using Whatsapp for close to 2yrs now, haven't paid a dime.

It's only a matter of time.....watch out
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by miqos02(m): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2013
bombay: You been ripped off whatsapp is free
guy no ripoff here, whatsapp is an application like opera,firefox. they are free to download but you subscribe to a data plan to use them
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Osyxcel(m): 7:08am On Mar 27, 2013
miky: This is serious cheating.. Charging for a damn app?? Even the download is free

It's not compulsory na....U can continue using it with your Data Plan or PAYG...
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by miqos02(m): 7:10am On Mar 27, 2013
bodmasfem:

sorry, hw do u get that frm glo?
dial *100*5*1#
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Soso990240(m): 7:14am On Mar 27, 2013
What is whatsapp? Is it an application 4 music?
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by AdeniyiA(m): 7:16am On Mar 27, 2013
1forall:

Of course it is free for the 1st year, and then $1 per year thereafter so I wonder why people are rejoicing over an obvious rip-off deal
a big rip-off if u ask me.
now lets do d the conversion,
$1(N160) per year.
and N100 per month =N1200 per year.
tell me which is better.
dis ppl are just playing wt our intelligence,do they think we're fools& unlearned or unexposed,or ar they trying to garner enuf cash be4 moble numbr portability n call rates reduction tsunami hit them?

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Youngpo413: 7:16am On Mar 27, 2013
From there,I go still browse other websites and download things free of charge too,no be naija we dey.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Blazinraj01(f): 7:16am On Mar 27, 2013
ZUBY77: Forgive my ignorance but i thought whatsapp was free
Truly, whatsapp is free. I have been using it for over 2years and when its time for the app to expire, it automatically renews. But you can't chat on whatsapp without airtime on your phone or dataplan. It makes use of both. If its not sapping your airtime, its using your dataplan .
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by moshoodn(m): 7:17am On Mar 27, 2013
Soso990240: What is whatsapp? Is it an application 4 music?

Are you trying to amuse us?
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Blazinraj01(f): 7:18am On Mar 27, 2013
miqos02: guy no ripoff here, whatsapp is an application like opera,firefox. they are free to download but you subscribe to a data plan to use them
Thanks for that explanation. Dunno why people think everything is free
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Soso990240(m): 7:18am On Mar 27, 2013
miky: This is serious cheating.. Charging for a damn app?? Even the download is free
dm force u? Moreova whatsapp expires afta 1year,u gat 2 buy next 1
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by UkwuNnu(m): 7:19am On Mar 27, 2013
The level of ignorance being advertised on this thread is legendary! Otu ocha! shocked shocked shocked

Who did this to our educational system? Peeps can no longer read and understand simple english.

Who told you lot that airtel is asking you to pay to download or install whatsapp?
Do you guys normally use your whatsapp without paying for data initially? Oh, my bad! Some thought whatsapp is just a text message thingy that uses no data but still at that dont they pay for text messages?
I give up!

The level of 'dumbness' is now official!

15 Likes

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by texazzpete(m): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2013
Ukwu_Nnu: The level of ignorance being advertised on this thread is legendary! shocked shocked shocked

Who did this to our educational system? Peeps can no longer read and understand simple english.

Who told you lot that airtel is asking you to pay to download or install whatsapp?
Do you guys normally use your whatsapp without paying for data initially? Oh, my bad! Some thought whatsapp is just a text message thingy that uses no data but still at that dont they pay for text messages?
I give up!

The level of 'dumbness' is now official!

My brother, I tire for the m0r0ns on parade in this thread!

6 Likes

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Demdem(m): 7:21am On Mar 27, 2013
ITbomb:
But you are paying for mb. Try using whatsapp when u have no mb and u will see ur credit flow

Read the post i qouted and understand perfectly what i am trying to say.
Am not disputing the fact that i dont pay for MB. i only want to dispute the fact that one will need to pay for whatsapp services after free usage of one year. I use glo and constantly pay for MB.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Soso990240(m): 7:21am On Mar 27, 2013
moshoodn:

Are you trying to amuse us?
nah..jst askd google,and i got an answer
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by UkwuNnu(m): 7:22am On Mar 27, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

$1(N160) per year.
tell me which is better.
dis ppl are just playing wt our intelligence,do they think we're fools& unlearned or unexposed,or ar they trying to garner enuf cash be4 moble numbr portability n call rates reduction tsunami hit them?

Sorry but you lack the bolded... embarassed smiley grin

2 Likes

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Demdem(m): 7:22am On Mar 27, 2013
Osyxcel:

It's only a matter of time.....watch out

Ok, will be on the lookout.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Demdem(m): 7:24am On Mar 27, 2013
Blazinraj01:
Truly, whatsapp is free. I have been using it for over 2years and when its time for the app to expire, it automatically renews. But you can't chat on whatsapp without airtime on your phone or mb. It makes use of both. If its not sapping your airtime, it using your mb.

Did u pay anything to whatsapp before it automatically renewed itself. u said u have used it for over 2yrs now right?
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 27, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

$1(N160) per year.
tell me which is better.

even my late granmama get sense pass u
Are we Nigerians this DUMB? smh

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by UkwuNnu(m): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2013
puskin: Hmmm.....this has got me thinking. Dial a code and ur automatically activated to use whatsapp.

Why only whatsapp, why can't other apps make use of the code as well.

Therefore, this means that the code automatically opens the port whatsapp uses to transfer data.
If all the other apps that require data could be modded to use that same port, it then means I can welcome myself to..........

Hmmmm.......lemme put my theory to test.

The most reasonable post here, thinking ahead is the key.... Smiling and nodding as i see those ports... cheesy grin
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by UkwuNnu(m): 7:27am On Mar 27, 2013
Brainrex:

even my late granmama get sense pass u
Are we Nigerians this DUMB? smh

Bros, the thing tire me and he was going on about his 'intelligence' being played on. Wonder where he got that word lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Blazinraj01(f): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=Demdem]

Did u pay anything to whatsapp before it automatically renewed itself. u said u have used it for over 2yrs now right?[/quote/]
I don't pay anything to whatsapp. I only update when necessary. Yes, I have. Its still free trial. If you want to buy it, You'll need to buy it via internet banking I think.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by crowbar(m): 7:38am On Mar 27, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

$1(N160) per year.
tell me which is better.

Bro, stop making your ignorance glaring!
Airtel is charging you for data usage @ 100 naira per month, they aint charging you for the application.
On the other hand, Whatsapp will start charging $0.99 for the software per year (not the data consumed from using the app.), after your 1 year trial grace expires (introduced from v2.9)

EXAMPLE: If you are given a car for free, it doesnt mean you wont PAY for gasoline to make your FREE car run.

Please lets always make sure we undertand an issue or topic befor contributing, or you can just ask.

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Demdem(m): 7:38am On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=Blazinraj01][/quote]

Thank u for re-affirming my suspicion.

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Lot of Nigerians don't have brains and its evident in this thread. There is no Free Thing in this world. That thing that was given to you for free was paid for by another person. The application you use on your phone is not free because if you don't pay for the application you pay for the data, if you don't pay for the data you pay for the application. Don't be deceived with the word "FREE" Even google hates the world "FREE" because nothing is free. Adword Masters can attest to it.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by ITbomb(m): 7:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

$1(N160) per year.
tell me which is better.
I think you are the fool n airtel already knows this.
Let me break it down a bit
If you are already on a data plan then u don't need to pay for this promo, continue using ur 'free' whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Kayslow: 7:46am On Mar 27, 2013
airtel is d worst netwok in nigeria. Day remove ur money unecessrily, day sen u to anoda package without ur permission. I have thrown my airtel sim away. If u tink dis is free as u claim day have dia means of collecting it bk.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2013
seunlayi: i have started considering getting another airtel sim after i have threw my last 3 airtels sims away. you guys dey make sence die-die. although, i don't Whatapp.
you no whatsapp or your phone no fit do whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by ciphoenix: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2013
i believe anyone should understand what
it is airtel is trying to do here.

you have whatsapp already but they'e providing
an opportunity to use it for a fee outside your
usual data plan.

i do think its irrelevant though

+ this is just creating more avenue for
exploitation of the network(intentional if you ask me)
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by tojj: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mtn & Glo Free Call Codes / GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate / Glo Reduces Data Volume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.