Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release (18206 Views)

Gov. Ambode Declares June 12 Public Holiday / Osun Declares June 12 As Democracy Day / Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by emorse(m): 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
phillip001: my stupid country men
I tell ya!
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Stlatyv(m): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am lukin 4ward to rev. King presidential pardon. Nigeria 'a state of pardon'
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by jadakiss213(m): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
emorse:
On point.
Seriously off point
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
Massob is a criminal organization. Anybody that associate with them is a criminal.
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Greatfuture: 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
GEJ grant him pardon also,infact open the prison gate
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by chukkynwob(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
MASSOB I laff in swahili even I as an Igbo man view them as fools,crooks and armed robbers

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by kabba7(m): 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=Valto]this news sounds fishy...cant believe anyone with the right brain would demand for rev kings release..[/quot

Igbo are very Free to leave the north enmass and total thier noise making is becoming too loud .Sooner or later Jona
will surely the killer Rev. Pardon
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Summersland(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dnt wory dis guy,if they release rev king notin'll hapen jooo. grin
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by dayokanu(m): 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
SamAfrik:

hahahahaha! Somebody already called u (dayokanu) a legend on nairaland, so I got nothing else to say. why u get mouth like this? ...u be Ibadan pikin?

I am from Oyo State
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
ilugunboy:

Is this Afam?
I don't think so. maybe his twin brother .
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by normaljenny(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
To tell you guys the glorious truth, am an ibo and I hate these MASSOB people. So senseless
yinkuse: MASSOB declares June 8 sit-at-home, demands Rev. King’s release

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/26/boko-haram-killings-massob-declares-june-8-sit-at-home-demands-rev-kings-release/
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Paulonminyi: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
God!! Yes pardon is pardon wat did u tink? GEJ's regime pardon is one of d agenda so y nt pardon Rev. King n tel him go n sin nomore..
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by chosen04(f): 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
From EMMANUEL UZOR, Onitsha

The Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has declared June 8, 2013 Biafra public holiday and sit-at-home throughout Igbo land to mark the brutal killing of six Igbo men at Apo in Abuja. Addressing journalists, the MASSOB Director for Information, Mr. Uchenna Madu said the sit-at-home exercise is to honour the six victims of what he called police extra judicial killings against Ndigbo. “As you are aware, six innocent Ndigbo were killed in Apo, Abuja, extra-judicially on June 8, 2005, by policemen led by a Deputy commissioner of police (DCP), Ibrahim Danjuma.

Seven years after the multiple murder of our people, the principal suspect in the said murder, Ibrahim Danjuma is walking the streets a freeman” He further called for implementation of the report of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry into the incident, adding that all those indicted in the senseless killing must be brought to book to serve as deterrent to others. “You may recall that the Judicial Commission of Inquiry headed by Justice Olasumbo Goodluck had exonerated APO 6 victims from the armed robbery allegation levelled against them by the police but several years after, nothing has been heard of the matter while an Igbo man, Rev Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, (alias REV. KING) who allegedly murdered one of his church members, was concluded, within six months in 2006. Rev, King today is in prison waiting to be hanged” he said.

Mr. Madu also said the APO 6 killing, is one of the numerous killings of Ndigbo in Nigeria that have gone with little or no consequence, adding: “ It is due to the insecurity of lives and property of Ndigbo in Nigeria that propels MASSOB to clamour for the state of Biafra” “It is, therefore, imperative that the international community should know the security challenges Ndigbo face in Nigeria. It is on this premise that MASSOB requests Ndigbo all over the world, to sit-at-home on June 8, 2013 to reflect on the continued and unprovoked, massacre of our people in Nigeria” He said as a mark of respect and honour to the victims and Igbo land all public/ private schools, markets/shops, banks, business premises, motor parks, etc. shall be closed from 6 am – 4 pm while saying there will be no movements of vehicles, commercial cyclists (okada) and tricycles (Keke Napep) throughout the period. “Within the period of the sit – at- home, Ndigbo all over the world are required to fast and pray to God for their emancipation. This exercise is also anchored on the principle of non-violence”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/apo-6-massob-declares-sit-at-home-june-8/

Where did this report say so that Rev.King should be release? Yoruba reporting at its best!.............This is the actual report as issued by MASSOB...
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by chosen04(f): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Killings in North: MASSOB declares June 8 day of mourning

On March 26, 2013 · In News

9:14 pm

BY PETER OKUTU

ABAKALIKI—Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Wednesday, set aside June 8 as a Biafran Public Holiday to mourn members of the group, especially Igbo, who lost their lives, following the insurgency of the Islamist sect, Boko Haram, in the Northern part of the country.

In a statement by the Regional Administrators of Afikpo North and Afikpo South (Edda Central), Mr. Uchenna Madu and Rev. Ogbonnaya Nnachi, respectively, in Abakaliki, the group described the event as a sit-at-home exercise, stressing that the death of its members could only be avenged by the existence of a nation, Biafra.

MASSOB said it would also use the period to mourn its members, who were unjustly killed by the Nigerian Army and Police, including the six Igbo who were murdered at Apo village, Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, on June 8, 2004.

According to the group, the duration of the exercise will last between 6am and 4pm as private and general motor parks, major and minor markets, shops, schools, air and sea ports, banks, among others, will be closed to commemorate the exercise.
The statement read in part: “MASSOB urges Ndigbo, irrespective of their locations, to observe this one-day sit-at-home from 6 am to 4pm.

“It is a national duty for every Biafran, an honour to our fatherland, a special sacrifice offered for our freedom, a unique price paid for the world to know about us.

“There shall be no movements of vehicles and persons. All motor parks, markets, shops, schools, business places, banks air and sea ports shall be closed on June 8.”

“There will be no marriage or burial ceremonies on that day.”

“It is a day of mourning set aside to remember and honour our innocent brothers, sister, mothers, fathers and children who have been wickedly and callously killed, murdered and massacred by the Boko Haram sect, Nigerian Army, Police and Islamist fundamentalists.

“MASSOB decrees that their deaths will never be in vain, it must be avenged by actualising Biafra, the only sure way of separating our people from blood-sucking environment.

“Keeping quiet and making a lot of noises on the pages of newspapers by some Igbo groups are not enough to salvage this deadly condition of Ndigbo in Arewaland. Some drastic steps and actions must be taken and that shall come from June 8.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/killings-in-north-massob-declares-june-8-day-of-mourning/

So can someone show me where MASSOB asked that Rev. King should be freed from?.....
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by cjrane: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
If it is true that MASSOB is demanding Rev. King's release instead of fighting for compensation for those who lost their lives and properties at the recent Kano terror attack and the Ezu River multiple murders, then MASSOB has lost my respect and shall henceforth be regarded as a criminal organization in my opinion. For fighting the cause of a common criminal using the name of Christianity to rape,pillage and murder young girls instead of fighting for innocent people killed merely for being in a car park or just being southerners.
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by antomik: 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
What is the relationship between Rev. murderer King and the sit at home initiative. Rubbish. If its sit @home no problem, but if its being linked to a murderer, I think it should be truncated. angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by esanland: 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
So, massob mean to say a convicted King should be let lose so to add to the already out of hand security crisis in naija? Because say, d security wahala for naija never reach.
I am highly disappointed with massob.
New York
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Nuzo1(m): 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
The real objectives of MAsSoB at creation has the interest of every Igbo man at heart. It still has except that a couple of charlatans has taken over some parts of it.

Their latest gaffe on the release of Rev King is not because they believe in setting murderers free but cos the alleged murderer of 6 people in the person of Dsp Danjuma is walking the street free.

Federal character and quota system in all facet of life....recruitment, appointments, scholarships, loan, police protection and presidential pardon.

Massob has a point but they should've called for Danjuma to be hanged just like Rev King....instead of his release.
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by 2busy: 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: The Ndigbo will be claiming they don't like Abacha. They chose June 8 (the day abacha died) to mourn abacha pretending to use it to mourn bomb blast victims.

It is high time we started respecting calendar. Can't just imagine picking a date and not keeping to it.
That is how we were told Biafra would be declared on the 6th of november.
JUNE 8 IS EVEN A SATURDAY
WHY DECLARING A SATURDAY AS PUBLIC HOLIDAY?

THERE WAS A COUNTRY, .....THOSE WHO WITNESSED THE "COUNTRY" WILL NEVER PRAY TO WITNESS ANOTHER BIAFRA
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by crackhouse(m): 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pls can sb tell me where it is written here that Massob said that Rev king should be released? because i can't find it here.
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by chosen04(f): 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
crackhouse: Pls can sb tell me where it is written here that Massob said that Rev king should be released? because i can't find it here.

Do you mind them? Rather than use credible links like Sun and Vanguard, they are using the charade Yoruba post called dailypost which is only in the mode of Osundefender. . . . .
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by airmark(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
chosen04:

Do you mind them? Rather than use credible links like Sun and Vanguard, they are using the charade Yoruba post called dailypost which is only in the mode of Osundefender. . . . .

May be you should blame your brother Emmanuel uzodinma who reported it for Daily post for telling it as it was.

Boko Haram killings: MASSOB declares June 8 sit-at-home, demands Rev. King’s release

By Emmanuel Uzodinma on March 26, 2013
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by made04: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Even if Biafrans are fools...doubt if they would request for Rev king release.... This is bull shit.... Nsi Efi
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Tolexander: 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
2busy:
JUNE 8 IS EVEN A SATURDAY
WHY DECLARING A SATURDAY AS PUBLIC HOLIDAY?

THERE WAS A COUNTRY, .....THOSE WHO WITNESSED THE "COUNTRY" WILL NEVER PRAY TO WITNESS ANOTHER BIAFRA
leave them jare. They are comedians!
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by tomzman: 11:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
These massob guys are a bunch of clowns. How a group of supposedly sane individuals can demand for Rev King's release is beyond me.
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by jkross(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
I laugh in my precious owerri dialect.
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by feroms(m): 11:58pm On Mar 27, 2013

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/26/boko-haram-killings-massob-declares-june-8-sit-at-home-demands-rev-kings-release/
If Alams could be granted pardon while not Rev. King?
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by dav8id(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2013
jokers of the air.. june 8th nobi saturday be dat? saturday na sit at home nau..
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Huxley11(m): 9:40am On Mar 28, 2013

[quote author=yinkuse]MASSOB declares June 8 sit-at-home, demands Rev. King’s release

TRIBALISM is one of the reasons our dear country is not progressing. y on earth should anybody ask for the release of rev. king?
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by sweetliet: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2013
I think what d igbos are saying is diff frm what most of u guys are blaming dem for. If a killer of six innocent citizens could walk free, y nt a killer of just one n if justice is denied to man, it should be denied to all. We are all Nigerians n should be treated as such. D justice system in nigeria s only for d poor while d rice can get away with anything. What a shame.............nigeria I hail thee
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release by jpphilips(m): 10:21am On Mar 28, 2013
Dudu_Negro: IMPOTENT COWARDS, ...planning another sit-at-home. how many sit at homes so far has yielded any favorable outcome?

Only if they employed all biafrans and give them a day off work with pay. s1lly people

these were the same blood suckers who asked their cohorts to sit at home during census only to be crying for an extra state and marginalization when they deliberately "under declared" themselves
I tell ya, the citizens are more s1lly than their leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million / Video Of President Buhari Attacking Obasanjo, NASS Emerges (WATCH) / BREAKING: DSS Frees Salihu Tanko-Yakasai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.