Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector (539 Views)

El-rufai's Eating Of Sugarcane In Public Justified By World Leaders (photos) / Yunusa Halid, PDP Youth Leader Tears Membership Card In Public (Photos) / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector by dgb4(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2013
After the hilarious gaffe during the channels TV interview with the commandant of the NSCDC in Lagos, i think its hi-time the government takes the bull by the horn to educate it personnel on use of internet and general ICT.

Am very sure that most ogas at the top doesn't know the correct url for websites of the organisations which they represent.

I was browsing thru the ministry of interior website and spotted a whole lot of errors, one if which i captured in the attached screenshot.

the correct address for the Nigeria Immigration Service is www.immigration.gov.ng not www.immigrations.gov.ng

sometimes, i wonder if their web developers do test-run their their projects.

Anyways, I dont blame them, btw even the signatory to their payment gat no clues of the job they do.

Most of these public service websites need to be updated as well, Mrs Rose Uzoma's name still flies as Comptroller for immigrations on all the public sites.

I wonder when we will go a step further like our mates in other countries in doing the right thing at the right time.

Re: ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector by Mustay(m): 9:48am On Apr 03, 2013
A workshop was organized for journalists and PRs of INEC yesterday.

The traditional media houses were told to realize the times and make use of social media too. There is no way ICT can be ignored on today's world - if negated, the negative impact nay be too great to contain.
Re: ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector by dgb4(m): 10:50am On May 14, 2013
thanks for the update
Re: ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector by bloggernaija: 6:05pm On May 14, 2013
If you are not ICT Complaint at this stage and time, you should not be on the government payroll full stop. It is a sign of intellectual laziness.
Re: ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector by otokx(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2013
Nigerians should stop the self deception, ICT is of no use in a government office that has no electricity.
Re: ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector by dgb4(m): 2:13pm On May 21, 2013
otokx: Nigerians should stop the self deception, ICT is of no use in a government office that has no electricity.
grin cheesy partially true sha,
but not applicable to some states e.g. Rivers, Lagos and a few others

(1) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe, A Politician, Died A PRP Member- Balarabe Musa / Self Acclaimed Fedral Task Force @ Benin BY-PASS Road.. / UNIBEN Says Mass Burial For 70 Benin-ore Accident Victims,frsc Said Only 36 Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.