Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Where You Live: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where You Live: (878 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where You Live: by ereaders(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2008
The place I grew. I was never too conscious of my early life, I could not imagine the extent to which I live my life; I only remember that I was born in a town whose identity touch the utmost part of the world. Not too stable it began to diminish in value and style to the extent most of her glory began to reflect in the neighboring towns and even villages.
Some year’s back this town was the talk of everyone even to the international communities recognized this town. The people of this land are so friendly, hospitable, warm-minded, achievers and determined.
Anyone that enters into this town for the first time always noticed the unique character and ways of the town and her inhabitants. The people of this town dresses differently, live their lives differently from people of other towns, their ways speaking is entirely different from all other people of the country and indeed the world.
The town has only one entrance, its branches in terms of road can’t be overemphasized in the sense that most of her roads if not all are well tarred. She is situated very close to the river; that means the humidity is appealing and is to be longed for. The peculiar nature of the town is her rich vegetation. Her land so fertile and almost all kind of crops do well in this land. The topography of the land is edifying for construction of any kind.
The hospitality nature of the land has made it easier for five stars hotels to be built in strategic places. You can find varieties of home made goods and exotic goods in this town. Her markets are easily accessible and convenient.
Whenever you look so despondent you don’t need to be worry all you need do is to go out and before you know it someone will just be there giving you the desire comfort and relief. Most individuals who worked outside this town find it convenient to plant their family in this town; because you will not only secured your family you will also add value to their existence.
esunano@gmail.com 08085560585
Re: Where You Live: by bolorunfem(f): 11:51am On May 27, 2008
So, in a nutshell, in summary, to cut the long story short, to make it brief, therefore ans in conclusion, cheesy the name of your town is WHAT, WHERE on the Nigeria map is it located and what lesson do you want nairalanders to learn from this post?
Re: Where You Live: by ereaders(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2008
We have no doubt the economical situation of this town is stable due to the fact that the inhabitants think almost homogeneously so they tend to move to the same direction at a particular point in time. The other thing that brought stability is the peaceful condition of the town; all about the town is reflected in peace. You see everyone being happy when you are happy and also sad when you are also.
The drainage situation is encouraging as soon as there is a downpour the water is channeled to the nearby stream or river(s) via the drainage system which is so effective. The houses planted in this town are affordable for both the rich and the poor. We have executive houses for those that needed such and also we have the local houses for those that are of the economical.
The moment you see yourself as better of, people of the town keep distance from you. This is not as a result of inferiority but to let you know that whatever position you are now does not matter and that you are not to brag with it. When you desire respect you don’t need to announce it on their own they will sing your praise: Mostly those generous ones. Fathers are not just only to their children and ward alone but also to their fellow neighbors’ children except otherwise you stop them from being a father.
There is no tertiary institution in this town yet, but the inhabitants are crazy of education; they love education and they give it all for it. You scarcely find a home where no one is an undergraduate or a graduate. This is what the parents are proud of. You see a father who had nothing moving gorgeously just because his entire children are graduates. Not just the parents that are proud, the graduates and undergraduates are proud of their attainments educationally. This spore the non academic student to put in their resources in other to achieve same. Generally speaking those of our fathers who happened to be illiterates spend their resources on their already born child(ren) in other for the child not to be as they are educationally.
The future of the people in this town are extremely bright due to the fact that majority of the people feared GOD. The majorities of the people is God seekers and are Christians. We have handful amount of Moslems and some fragments of idol worshippers. But, in all the Christians are the predominant of the town so they dictate the pace not in disharmony but in harmony.
Sometimes, I wonder what really went wrong: this so cherished town that all wanted to be part of became the reject of all, it became obvious that the inhabitant no longer feel comfortable living in this once a paradise. Everyone you that had lived in this town no longer talk good of the land rather they speak ill of the town. All manner of unbearable adjectives have been used to classify the town.
Some say “that there is nothing good that can come out of the land” and that people who live in this land are unhappy because of the condition of things in the land. Many have packed out of the town and still many are living it for different cities, towns and even villages. Some others say that those that can live in this town are those people who have made it in life. So they go out the town trying to search for what they referred to as greener pasture.
Is it not posing surprise on you that this so small town has great magnitude constraint. Hmm!! I marveled myself continually what is it that left place that brought this disgust about the town. One thing I observed is that as much as they speak this guile concerning this land the more people are getting better, the more the height of development the town is attaining. The so-called business people that do usually complaining are still the one building the houses, owning the best cars and living the best of comfort that you could want to desire. Does this puzzle your imagination?
Where used to be the envy of nations turned into a bag of dejected mangoes, the mockery of all.
Yes come to think of it. This town used to harbor a sea port which enhanced socio-economical aspect of the town which brought about different small and medium scale business as we now see in other developed cities. But, today this seaport has long be grinded for reason non can actually construed. This led to the collapsed of this various small and medium industries.
Can we now claim that this was the ultimate reason for the economic failure experienced by those that dwells in this town? No! not at all. Then what went wrong still no solution.
This town once had the biggest industry for timber. But, it is no more today. This industry used to put food on the tables of many who lives in and around this town directly or indirectly.
In this land, custom staffs were first trained in the whole of the country by one of Nigerian’s legend the late Okotie Eboh of blessed memory and they have based in this town. As soon as the port in the town was relocated to other city the custom based gradually became fizzled out. Today, nobody ever thought of honoring this town.
This town harbor one of the biggest power houses in terms of electricity. And still no thought was made concerning making this town a beneficiary of the national greed. This town so much suffers from epileptic power supply like no other towns and villages who contribute nothing to the supply of power in the country.
Through this town you can link other town. But, suddenly the town was by-passed, people who traveled from one state that were supposed to go through the route of the town no longer get to see the shape of the town, they passed and never no about the town.
What the town used to benefit as a result of traveler going through this town such as the economical boom declined to the extent those trader who do sell around the park now relocate to either the villages where this travelers currently pass or to the nearby town where they can be seen by those that will patronized them

(1) (Reply)

Are You From Ogun State? / Visiting Lagos: Help Please?!? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.