Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Cv Management System, Any Reviews? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cv Management System, Any Reviews? (709 Views)

Arvixe Virtual Private Server (VPS) sucks | reviews of their VPS CLASS / Joomla Component For A School Management System / Php Hospital Management System Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by Afam(m): 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2008
Hello,

Could anyone review the CV management system meant for internal use (but of course would work online) at www.nayourshop.com ? Project has taken 3 days already and I hope it would be completed today.

I only uploaded the system to an idle website for the owners to be able to view and make comments.

NB: Comments are welcome on the functionality of the system and any attacks on the poster will be responded to in kind.

User area | www.nayourshop.com/index.php

afam - username
afamdeep - password

or

kenneth - username
kennethdeep - password

Admin area | www.nayourshop.com/admin

admin - username
adminpass - password

Once the functionalities are ok the look and design will follow based on client preferences.
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by my2cents(m): 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
any attacks on the poster will be responded to in kind.

Come on man! Remember when I said something a little similar on one of my posts? Remember what you said in response? I think it applies here too grin

Anyways, I just went through the app. Although I like what it is doing, I think it would be nice to give us the testers a little tutorial as to what to do, where to go and what to look out for (in terms of outcome in response to user action). I clicked around and call me slow, but it took me a while to understand what each link did and what to expect from each menu item.

Post a few scenarios if possible so I can muck around some more wink
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by smartsoft(m): 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2008
my2cent  said it all,  mine was just that after login into the admin, i loged out and when i try clicking back and it took me back to the admin area again. i was thinking it should tell me to login with my pass, not until i click and it asked,  then i said oh,  good Application but i think we should have something like documentation just like my2cent pointed out. 

my2cent buzz me online abeg i no dey see you for messenger,  i get gist oo
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by Afam(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2008
Sorry for not being too detailed.

It is actually a system based on a client that wants to be able to manage 1000s of CVs, they recruit for organisations so want to be able to retrieve CVs matching certain criteria from time to time and knowing the status of CVs submitted for certain projects.

Basically the CV and Tracker are all that would have sufficed but I figured they would be better off with a complete system including managing clients, projects and even users as against only the admin running the stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to see the system.

NB: About my comments, it is clear why I made them because it seems some of us are more interested in blaming anyone that responds to attacks rather than blaming the people that initiate attacks.
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by kazey(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2008
hmm what happens to IT consultants that need to get paid?
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by my2cents(m): 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2008
Much better Afam. I have gone in with my eyes open and here are a few pointers:

1) I think those orange headers ("locate a cv", etc) conflict with the form fields. I found it hard to concentrate on the fields cos of their size. If they must be that large, I would probably provide some sort of demarcation between the groupings. I am thinking fieldsets here.

2) When I went back to the site, I noticed that it still had me logged in. Fair enough, but is that the intent of the app? I assume it automatically logs you off after a while. I would expect to be kicked off the system if I closed my browser, unless otherwise coded.

3) I think the results section should be further demarcated from the search fields. I personally prefer a separate results page with menu items at the top to sort based on new criteria, but thatz just me.

That's it for me. I hope these help.
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by Afam(m): 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
kazey:

hmm what happens to IT consultants that need to get paid?

http://www.justwebservices.com/consulting.php

The link above basically answers the question.

@my2cents,

Thanks a lot. Will sort them out asap.

NB: The admin login credentials have been changed as site wide changes/updates could be implemented even when not desirable.

Will point the client to the web version and see comments they will come up with.

Thanks to everyone that took time to see the system.
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by kazey(m): 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2008
u chop , I watch abi grin , at least you should share 10k per hour here grin
Re: Cv Management System, Any Reviews? by Afam(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
Done with the reviews, thanks.

user credentials changed.

(1) (Reply)

Generating Income With A Website / Wanna Exchange Some Links / Is It Connection Or Your Job Value That Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.