Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Certificate Collection Process From Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Certificate Collection Process From Nigerian Universities (2134 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Uniben Will Start Their Clearance Process From Monday 15th Feb, 2010. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certificate Collection Process From Nigerian Universities by samueline(f): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
I just cant stop wondering why the process for Certificate collection from Higher Institutions in Nigeria is so tedious.

I graduated from Yabatech in 2005 and went to school to ‘collect’ my certificate a few weeks ago.  I was given a clearance form that required approval/signatures from six different officers in the school!!!

If I am lucky to get all the approvals/signatures I would still have to wait for four weeks before the certificate will be ready for collection.

I did my MBA at Unilag and it’s the same thing. But at Unilag I’m also expected to come with all the original school fees receipts for the four semesters I spent there!!! And certificates can only be collected forthnightly!

My questions are:

1.       Is this the process in all Nigerian schools or it’s just this two?

2.       Cant this process be improved?

3.       Cant we just do things in a better way?

4.       Cant certificates be issued immediately results are released?

5.       Why wait for 2 to 3 years after graduation before certificates can be issued?
Re: Certificate Collection Process From Nigerian Universities by PECng: 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
Certificate Collection in OAU and UI Made Easy for People Far Away
The fact that OAU and UI don’t have their certificates ready for their graduands until after one or two years they graduated births the possibility that most alumni would not be around at all to collect their certificates when they are ready for collection; unless the alumna has no progress in their life for the one or two years; no one expects a person to graduate and not have gotten busy with life or gone far away after one or two years. The chances of not having the chance to go collect their certificates from their schools or being far away from the school get even higher when it comes to people who did postgraduate programmes like MBA, M.Sc./M.A., PhD.; these are mature people who will definitely not be able to make it down to their school to collect their certificates, this poses a problem for a lot of people needing their certificates. READ THE REST OF THE WRITE-UP HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2022/12/certificate-collection-in-oau-and-ui.html

1 Like

Re: Certificate Collection Process From Nigerian Universities by PECng: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
Why You Are Having Problems on Collecting your Certificate in UI and the Solution
It is not funny at all that when alumni are ready to collect their certificates from UI is when a lot of them find out that, for some weird reasons, the school is unable to provide the certificate immediately. We understand that our Nigerians schools have made it legit that your certificate cannot be ready upon graduation, as you would have to wait for at least one year before your certificate is produced, but what is difficult to understand is the school, after one or two years or even more, telling you that your certificate was “omitted” or was not printed. Even if schools cannot have your certificate ready as you graduate, at the very least when you come back some years later for it, there should be no reason at all why you cannot have your certificate—considering that they issued you a Statement of Results (“To Whom”) upon graduation. It should be that if you are able to get a Statement of Results it should mean that you have fulfilled everything needed for your certificate to be produced and for you to be able to get your certificate when it’s produced. It is shameful to come back to your school two or three years after graduation to collect your certificate and they are telling you your certificate was “omitted” or not printed, and that you would have to do this and that and submit this document and that document before your certificate would be processed for printing (which would take several months). CONTINUE READING HERE>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2023/07/why-you-are-having-problems-on.html

Re: Certificate Collection Process From Nigerian Universities by senjutsu(m): 6:06am On May 02
PECng:
Certificate Collection in OAU and UI Made Easy for People Far Away
The fact that OAU and UI don’t have their certificates ready for their graduands until after one or two years they graduated births the possibility that most alumni would not be around at all to collect their certificates when they are ready for collection; unless the alumna has no progress in their life for the one or two years; no one expects a person to graduate and not have gotten busy with life or gone far away after one or two years. The chances of not having the chance to go collect their certificates from their schools or being far away from the school get even higher when it comes to people who did postgraduate programmes like MBA, M.Sc./M.A., PhD.; these are mature people who will definitely not be able to make it down to their school to collect their certificates, this poses a problem for a lot of people needing their certificates. READ THE REST OF THE WRITE-UP HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2022/12/certificate-collection-in-oau-and-ui.html
Yeah, finished my M. Sc 10 years ago from UI. Still wondering how I'll go back to get that cert.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap And Affordable Undergraduate And Postraguate Studies In Cyprus!!! / Difference Between A GATE MAN And A GATEKEEPER / How To Apply For Shell Scholarship In Nigeria -JAMBITES APPLY HERE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.