Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem (3603 Views)

Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. / Mazda MPV Problems: Car Won't Accelerate Beyond 60km/hr At Half-tank / Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV. The car has been performing well so far except for fuel consumption which is a bit on d high side (understandably due to its weight).
One morning I noticed I couldn't operate the doors with the keyless remote. On a closer look I discovered the battery was completely drained. I jumper a 2004 Camry to start the engine, everything on the instrument came on and responded normally but the engine refused to start. The 'Engine Check' stayed on when I switch on the ignition. I used my scanner (INNOVA) to check but it did not indicate any error. Anybody with info on how to go about this? Am really scared to take it to the Auto mechanics because they may just scatter other things plus the high cost.
Pls help
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by mayor2013: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
I would recommend you use a better car scanner. Which of the innova did you use? If I get what you mean by you jumper the battery does that mean you doubled the battery to get the car started. If you did that you must have probably damaged the ECU of the car. If you need me to help come start that car or you need to get a more better scanner. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Thanx
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mayor, thanks so much for taking your time to offer this advice.
What I mean by jumper is to connect the battery head (terminal to terminal) to that of the Mazda, I didn't double the battery for year of damage as you mentioned.
Also, I think the INNOVA I used is 3100. Not quite sure though but it's something of that number. I tried it in another car (Camry 2004) and it was able to detect something.
Thanks once again.
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by kablooee: 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
does your engine crank?
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2013
@kablooee: Yes it does make a sound as if it wants to start. I dnt knw if that is called cranking.
Someone advised me to use the 'Clear' function to wipe out the Check Engine error. I've not done this because I dnt want to take chances. Thanks
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by kablooee: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
Crank means if your engine turns over in an attempt to start? the clear function wont make any difference besides clearing the error memory and the FF which might be needed by a tech. does the security indicator on your dash go off when the ignition is off? please check the revert.
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
The only light that stays on the dashboard is the Check Engine after the ignition has been turned on. When ignition is off no other light stays on the dash. As per the cranking, it does that very well and sometimes with the usual pre-starting sound but that dies down immediately.
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by nissparts(m): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
When you try to start the car, does the key indicator light up in the instrument cluster?

1 Like

Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
The key indicator lights up momentarily and then goes off. Just like other indicator lights
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by nissparts(m): 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2013
Fuel pump fuse
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 9:09am On Apr 01, 2013
Thanks @nissparts. I will try this out
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2013
jackal001: I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV. The car has been performing well so far except for fuel consumption which is a bit on d high side (understandably due to its weight).
One morning I noticed I couldn't operate the doors with the keyless remote. On a closer look I discovered the battery was completely drained. I jumper a 2004 Camry to start the engine, everything on the instrument came on and responded normally but the engine refused to start. The 'Engine Check' stayed on when I switch on the ignition. I used my scanner (INNOVA) to check but it did not indicate any error. Anybody with info on how to go about this? Am really scared to take it to the Auto mechanics because they may just scatter other things plus the high cost.
Pls help

try other scanners and also check all your fuses but investigate why the battery drained eg if u left the radio on, you left the lights on even if u didnt properly shut the door some cars,wires to the alarm horn are disconneted & the alarm goes off becoz the doors are not properly shut & sound wont come out since wires are cut but it drains the battery

but dont panic scan your 1st and we work from the code and the dead battery might be also that it nolonger holding a charge
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 11:03am On Apr 01, 2013
Nice one Zim Drill,that's quite a good lesson on the alarm wiring thing. I never knew of this b4 now. Yes I've been giving a thought of thoroughly checking to confirm why the battery got drained in the first place. I will also try to take the battery for re-charging and see if the charge will stay or not. In that case the question of why the fuse(if it is found to be the cause) melted. Am presently out of town and hope to do this when am back. Thanks
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2013
Pls ZIM, which other scanner will you recommend?

try other scanners and also check all your fuses but investigate why the battery drained eg if u left the radio on, you left the lights on even if u didnt properly shut the door some cars,wires to the alarm horn are disconneted & the alarm goes off becoz the doors are not properly shut & sound wont come out since wires are cut but it drains the battery

but dont panic scan your 1st and we work from the code and the dead battery might be also that it nolonger holding a charge[/quote]
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
jackal001: Pls ZIM, which other scanner will you recommend?

but dont panic scan your 1st and we work from the code and the dead battery might be also that it nolonger holding a charge

unfortunately am uk based in buy things on uk ebay i would know what version do you have there
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by jackal001: 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
@ZIM: I do shop from Amazon. They've got good stuffs there too. I occasionally shop on US ebay too.
Re: MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem by kenmaro: 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
Technical Service Bulletin 2008/11/25
NHTSA #: 10028267
Service Bulletin #: SB-01-033-08

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: MAZDA: ENGINE CRANK/NO START. SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE ONE OR MORE OF THE ELECTRICAL CONCERNS DUE TO POOR CONTACT AT THE C-04 CONNECTOR. FUEL PUMP RELAY, A/C PRESSURE SWITCH, REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER RELAY TO CENTER PANEL.
http://www.iseecars.com/car-problems/2007-mazda-mazda6-problems

(1) (Reply)

Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! / What Usually Happens To Stolen Cars / My 2007 Honda Accord EX-L Thread (Maintenance & Upgrades)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.