Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Clear Me On This 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clear Me On This 2 (1428 Views)

Christians In The House Clear Me / Pls Clear Me On This Concerning Judas Iscariot / Clear Me On This Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hey pals, i have a question dt has been on my mind for a while now; why did d jews have to interprete jesus' loud cry 'eli eli lama sabactani' as he calls elijah? Does it mean they didn't understand his language or what?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by PastorOluT(m): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
ATMC: Hey pals, i have a question dt has been on my mind for a while now; why did d jews have to interprete jesus' loud cry 'eli eli lama sabactani' as he calls elijah? Does it mean they didn't understand his language or what?

This is the cry of a dying man and it was not coherent enough, and besides they were not interested in what He was saying, but only interested in mocking Him.

1 Like

Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
But someone heard it and penned it down, and you say it wasn't coherent? How come they didn't and someone did?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Goshen360(m): 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
I do not have much time spending online this day\week but kindly go through this commentary of Matthew 27:46, it might help: http://bible.cc/matthew/27-46.htm and commentary of the next verse Matthew 27:47 also: http://bible.cc/matthew/27-47.htm Make sure to scroll down when you hit the link and put the commentaries of both verse together, you will understand.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by PastorOluT(m): 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
ATMC: But someone heard it and penned it down, and you say it wasn't coherent? How come they didn't and someone did?

Not to the person that wrote it down, but it was to the people that crucified Him. When people have made up their mind to shut you out no matter what you say it will not make sense to them, see the case of Judas he heard all that Jesus said about the one who will crucify Him, yet he went ahead to do it.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 6:59am On Mar 28, 2013
@bro goshen dt was helpful and i'm grateful...thank you
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Not to the person that wrote it down, but it was to the people that crucified Him. When people have made up their mind to shut you out no matter what you say it will not make sense to them, see the case of Judas he heard all that Jesus said about the one who will crucify Him, yet he went ahead to do it.
ok
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 7:07am On Mar 28, 2013
Again, this has been on my mind...jesus bore man's sin on d cross as i'm told, now i want to know, when he went into hell, did he go with d nature of sin since he bore d sin of man? If yes, then how come he defeated d devil who was above man (at dt point) cos of sin? What really happened? Did he die as man and descended into hell as god? Answers pls
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 28, 2013
ATMC: Hey pals, i have a question dt has been on my mind for a while now; why did d jews have to interprete jesus' loud cry 'eli eli lama sabactani' as he calls elijah? Does it mean they didn't understand his language or what?
NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION HOWEVER THE JEWS WERE UNDER ROMAN OCCUPATION. A LOT OF THEM SPOKE ONLY ROMAN. ITS LIKE HOW WE GOT COLONIZED IN NIGERIA BY THE BRITISH. AND THEY FORCE THEIR ENGLISH LANGUAGE ON US AND BECAUSE OF THAT MANY OF US FORGET HOW TO SPEAK OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE AND IF SOMEONE SPEAKS IGBO OR YORUBA TO YOU, YOU NEED SOMEONE TO INTERPRET WHAT THEY SAID. WELL THE JEWS HAD BEEN UNDER ROMAN OCCUPATION FOR ABOUT 200 YEARS OR SO. IN 200 YEARS YOU GET ABOUT 3 GENERATIONS DESTROYED CULTURALLY. IN 3 GENERATIONS OF HARDCORE BRUTAL OCCUPATION I AM SURE LOADS OF THEM NOW SPEAK ONLY ROMAN.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 9:09am On Mar 28, 2013
Ok, what about d second question?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2013
ATMC: Ok, what about d second question?
WELL IF THEY HAD TO ASK FOR INTERPRETATION I THINK ITS OBVIOUS THEY DID NOT UNDERSTAND HEBREW. CAN YOU QUOTE ME THAT PART OF THE BIBLE IN HERE.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ITbomb(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2013
ATMC: But someone heard it and penned it down, and you say it wasn't coherent? How come they didn't and someone did?
A simple analogy with situations today can help in clarifications.
An incident happens and if you ask 5 people to give account, you may get up to 3 entirely different version.
That is why it is said that the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and not just hearsay that happened on the streets of Jerusalem.
The soldiers were only interested in mocking him and being Roman soldiers , they may not have understood Hebrew but someone else actually listened to what he said
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2013
ATMC: Again, this has been on my mind...jesus bore man's sin on d cross as i'm told, now i want to know, when he went into hell, did he go with d nature of sin since he bore d sin of man? If yes, then how come he defeated d devil who was above man (at dt point) cos of sin? What really happened? Did he die as man and descended into hell as god? Answers pls

Does it really matter, sis?

Anyhow, Scripture say that he was made sin for us who knew no sin. Both sides were completely necessary.

How it worked out we will not accurately know until we have been glorified with Him. All we need to know is that He satisfied our responsibility to a Holy God and thus made it possible for us to commune with such a God again without any fear of destruction.

It is only a guess that we can make at best about how His Death saved us, about what happened in the Grave. What we do know is that by Faith we can receive His merits as ours before God. And if we continue with Him in faith, His very Nature can be made ours actually so that we more and more rise above corruptibility and one day become every bit as incorruptible as He is.

That is all we really need to know, that we must share in His Death (that is, in His doing away with sin, otherwise known as our claim to ourselves) and thus in His Resurrection (that is, in His incorruptibility).

PS. Jesus triumphed over Satan because there was no sin in Him, that is, He laid no claim to Himself but was wholly His Father's to command.

2 Likes

Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Alfamann: 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tortured and dying people don't make sense. Watch the Aluu film and you will understand.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by PastorOluT(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Alfamann: Tortured and dying people don't make sense. Watch the Aluu film and you will understand.

U have never made much sense 2 me, does it mean u r tortured n dying?
No offense
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Alfamann: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U have never made much sense 2 me, does it mean u r tortured n dying?
No offense

I can't make sense to you the same way a psychologist doesn't make sense to a crazy man.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
obadiah777: WELL IF THEY HAD TO ASK FOR INTERPRETATION I THINK ITS OBVIOUS THEY DID NOT UNDERSTAND HEBREW. CAN YOU QUOTE ME THAT PART OF THE BIBLE IN HERE.
no, i mean this
ATMC: Again, this has been on my mind...jesus bore man's sin on d cross as i'm told, now i want to know, when he went into hell, did he go with d nature of sin since he bore d sin of man? If yes, then how come he defeated d devil who was above man (at dt point) cos of sin? What really happened? Did he die as man and descended into hell as god? Answers pls
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Does it really matter, sis?

Anyhow, Scripture say that he was made sin for us who knew no sin. Both sides were completely necessary.

How it worked out we will not accurately know until we have been glorified with Him. All we need to know is that He satisfied our responsibility to a Holy God and thus made it possible for us to commune with such a God again without any fear of destruction.

It is only a guess that we can make at best about how His Death saved us, about what happened in the Grave. What we do know is that by Faith we can receive His merits as ours before God. And if we continue with Him in faith, His very Nature can be made ours actually so that we more and more rise above corruptibility and one day become every bit as incorruptible as He is.

That is all we really need to know, that we must share in His Death (that is, in His doing away with sin, otherwise known as our claim to ourselves) and thus in His Resurrection (that is, in His incorruptibility).

PS. Jesus triumphed over Satan because there was no sin in Him, that is, He laid no claim to Himself but was wholly His Father's to command.
inasmuch as it doesn't matter, it wont hurt if i get d answers or would it?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 29, 2013
ATMC: inasmuch as it doesn't matter, it wont hurt if i get d answers or would it?

It might. There is a reason for which Jesus said things like "what is that to you? You follow me" and "it is not for you to know the times or the seasons which the Father hath put in his own power".

That a bit of knowledge seems harmless does not in fact make it so. The more we are preoccupied with things such as these the further away from the Cross we're pulled. It is wise to stay on the things that keep us in the simple Gospel and trust the Lord for the things that are yet hidden.

Not every question is safe to ask on this side of the divide.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 29, 2013
He is the sacrificial LAMB that ws slain before he went to hell.

Genesis 4:10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 6:55am On Mar 29, 2013
Ihedinobi:

It might. There is a reason for which Jesus said things like "what is that to you? You follow me" and "it is not for you to know the times or the seasons which the Father hath put in his own power".

That a bit of knowledge seems harmless does not in fact make it so. The more we are preoccupied with things such as these the further away from the Cross we're pulled. It is wise to stay on the things that keep us in the simple Gospel and trust the Lord for the things that are yet hidden.

Not every question is safe to ask on this side of the divide.
what are you saying go essence?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by enilove(m): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2013

It is really a good question.

When God pronounced death sentence on Adam and Eve, it means an authomatic death sentence on everybody.

The first death is to return to the ground( hell). Geneses 3:19 "......till thou return to the ground".

Jesus Christ did not inherit the first death,so he deserved not to die.He was not indebted to death.

Satan knew Jesus does not deserve the first death, so he tried hard to make him to fall into sin ,as in Matt 4:3-11. Infact throughout his ministration ,satan did not allow our Lord Jesus to have rest. Satan sent the Pharisees and others to provoke to sin ,but did not succeed.

John 14:30 " Hereafter I will not talk much with you:for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me."

In summarry,Jesus did not inherit any sin from Abraham and did not commit any sin while in the world,so he died the death of a righteous man, just to go to hell to pay for our debts.That was why he could defeat the devil in hell.

He did not have the nature of sin in him,it is only the descendants of Abraham that has the nature of sin in them.
As a settlor or redeemer of a debt,you do not have to be a debtor to settle the debts of a debtor.In fact,you must have wealth to be able to settle those debts.
A debtor or bankrupt that cannot settle his debt will not be acceptable by a judge to gurantee the settlement of debt of another debtor.

When you settle a debt, which is non recorverably,you write it off,you forget about it since it is a bad debt.

Jesus paid for our debt here on earth by his blood.He inherited a bad debt, which is instantly written off ,and would no longer be carried by him or become his nature,as a company does ,regarding their bad debts.
He went to hell to take possession of what he paid for by his death, not as a sinner, but as the rightful owner of the souls he died for.

When you acquire a company and inherited its assets and its liabilities,your consederation or worth of the company would include the amount you paid in settling the debts.But if those debts cannot be recovered,you will forget about them,it will not be part of the assets you acquired. But you will take possession of the company's net assets.You will become the director.

That is Jesus,since he has paid for our debts greatly with his blood,he will do everything so that his investments in our souls shall not be a waste.He is no longer ready to inherit debts again.No more sin.

I hope that I makes sense to you.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
@eoilove thanks a lot of course you made a lot of sense to me.
I understand dt jesus didn't have d nature of sin as descendants of ab but our sins were laid on him while he was at d cross and he descended into hell with it, i'm yet to understand fully what happened in hell...maybe with time i will.
But enilove, when exactly did jesus present his blood to d father?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by An0nimus: 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
ATMC: @eoilove thanks a lot of course you made a lot of sense to me.
I understand dt jesus didn't have d nature of sin as descendants of ab but our sins were laid on him while he was at d cross and he descended into hell with it, i'm yet to understand fully what happened in hell...maybe with time i will.
John 20:17 " Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God."

John 20:27 "Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing"

Someone showed me that part of the scripture once and told me that something significant happened between those 2 verses. I agree.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
An0nimus:
John 20:17 " Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God."

John 20:27 "Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing"

Someone showed me that part of the scripture once and told me that something significant happened between those 2 verses. I agree.
yes i know, someone said when he said dt was when he went to present his blood to d father but to me it sounds like a guess and an assumption since d bible didn't specify dt. So outside of this verse, what proves d exact point at which he presented his blood...i want to know
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
ATMC: what are you saying go essence?

I thought I was clear enough. Some inquiries are not only useless to us here but downright dangerous to pursue.

What will the knowledge of what went down in the Grave when Jesus was there help you become more like Christ, do you know?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I thought I was clear enough. Some inquiries are not only useless to us here but downright dangerous to pursue.

What will the knowledge of what went down in the Grave when Jesus was there help you become more like Christ, do you know?
why do you visit nl ?to display knowledge? To learn more? None of d above? All of d above?
I want to know, this is me! When you are unable to answer a/my question, relax someone else is likely to answer it. Don't be of dt folk dt will tell someone 'you ask too much question or like you'd asked me of what gain is d answer to d question to you or have you finished practising dt which you know?'. dt i asked these questions and you think them so irrelevant does not make them so cos i know there are questions you ask dt ' wont help you become like christ' but u ask them anyway and get answers. Why then do you want me to stop?
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
Please, don't think that I presume to order you around o. Ask away. I only thought to tell you what I positively know about such questions. It's entirely your prerogative to ask any question you like and accept any answer you like.

However, I have not said that I don't know what happened in the Grave, have I? I've only explained what I know to be the important thing to know. But you don't live at my behest so don't trouble youraelf with what I say. smiley

God bless you, sis.
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
Ok
Re: Clear Me On This 2 by enilove(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
ATMC: @eoilove thanks a lot of course you made a lot of sense to me.

The answer to the question ,is in the qustion " where was the sin that braught about the death penalty commited?
It was commited here on earth and judgment was pronounced here on earth. So the ramsome must be settled here on earth.

Jesus did not descend to hell with the sins he paid for on earth.

Jesus blood was shedd here on earth,he inherited the sins here on earth and dropped it here on earth.
The record bearing the sin and pronouncment of the judgment was here on earth not in hell.

When you make payment to settle the debt of a debtor,and the debt is a bad debt,what is the need of carrying the debt about?In accounting ,you must not show it in your book as part of your assets,but write it off.

He had paid for the debt here on earth,of what use is it for Jesus taking it with him to hell?.

If you go to a court( earth) to pay the debt of your friend who is in prison(hell) , you pay for the debt in the court (on earth, not in the prison) & take a receipt (key ) to release those whose debts were settled( like Abraham, Jacob,David etc).
The prison officials will not have any right to hold you in captive, because the official paper is bearing the word " debt redeemer ,not debtor.

Jesus paid for the debt here on earth, and went to hell to release those in captive.
David said to Jesus in Psalm 16:10 " For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell:neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption".

If am right,let me know.

1 Like

Re: Clear Me On This 2 by Image123(m): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
na wa oh! clear me on this 3,4,5...

1 Like

Re: Clear Me On This 2 by ATMC(f): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
enilove:

The answer to the question ,is in the qustion " where was the sin that braught about the death penalty commited?
It was commited here on earth and judgment was pronounced here on earth. So the ramsome must be settled here on earth.

Jesus did not descend to hell with the sins he paid for on earth.

Jesus blood was shedd here on earth,he inherited the sins here on earth and dropped it here on earth.
The record bearing the sin and pronouncment of the judgment was here on earth not in hell.

When you make payment to settle the debt of a debtor,and the debt is a bad debt,what is the need of carrying the debt about?In accounting ,you must not show it in your book as part of your assets,but write it off.

He had paid for the debt here on earth,of what use is it for Jesus taking it with him to hell?.

If you go to a court( earth) to pay the debt of your friend who is in prison(hell) , you pay for the debt in the court (on earth, not in the prison) & take a receipt (key ) to release those whose debts were settled( like Abraham, Jacob,David etc).
The prison officials will not have any right to hold you in captive, because the official paper is bearing the word " debt redeemer ,not debtor.

Jesus paid for the debt here on earth, and went to hell to release those in captive.
David said to Jesus in Psalm 16:10 " For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell:neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption".

If am right,let me know.
tongues! Alleluia!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hypocrisy In The Bible / Is It Scriptural To Celebrate End Of The Year And The Begining Of A New Year / PHOTOS: Christians Say 'sorry' At Chicago Pride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.