Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map (11188 Views)

Stella Oduah Stole N3.6b, Shared It Between 8 Companies - Sahara Reporters / FG Awards #31bn Niger Delta Road Contract / Justice Musdapher - UK Spent N3.6b On Ibori’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
Frankie9ice:

I am not a fan of GEJ,...but if truth be told I av noticed dt our roads are relatively more passable esp in d last 5-6months,esp those dt I ply regularly. Abuja-Lokoja,Abuja-Minna(is bin dualised at d moment), Sokoto-Kontagora(which I drove thru yesterday),Kontagora-Makera,Makera-Jebba. Up til early last year Kontagora-Ilorin which is abt a distance of 280km takes us at least 6-7hrs to drive thru because of d state of dt road (now we do it in at most 4hrs,and dts because of d Jebba-Ilorin stretch). I won't pat GEJ on d back just yet because I belong to d school of thot dt believes dt any Govt in power in Naija cud 50 times more,because Naija is so blessed with wealth. Why shudn't Abuja-Okene be 5 lanes on each side? Why shudn't Ibadan-Lagos be 6 lanes each? Why shudn't Sokoto-Kontagora be dualised? Don't we have d resources in dis country? Besides electricity & water,I feel gud roads r d only oda means goverance can av meaning to d masses. Abuja-Lokoja was originally awarded to dis Italian dude who renovated GEJ's Otuoke church,...now it has bin re-awarded to RCC, Dantata & Sawoe,Bulletin construction etc,...my concern is am sure d first contractor was allowed to walk away with tax payers money despite d fact dt he did no meaningful job. There is simply no way a 'paddy-paddy government' can impress me. All of des pseudo-developmental efforts are geared towards one end,...2015 elections/GEJ's 2nd term.
That is the problem. When you HATE someone, no matter what that person does, you'll ALWAYS attach negative motives to it.

If the govt was not working, you'll say the govt is a failure, incompetent, clueless,etc. If the govt is working you'll say its because of 2015 elections. WHAT THEN DO YOU WANT THE GOVT TO DO?

Didn't the president promise to fix the roads when he was campaigning in 2011? Since he made such promises, why should anyone be suprised at what is happening now?

Mind you, his tenure has not gone half way, so why the MADNESS with 2015?

Personally, I can only conclude that comments such as yours emanate from HATEFUL minds.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Goddex: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
Frankie9ice:

I am not a fan of GEJ,...but if truth be told I av noticed dt our roads are relatively more passable esp in d last 5-6months,esp those dt I ply regularly. Abuja-Lokoja,Abuja-Minna(is bin dualised at d moment), Sokoto-Kontagora(which I drove thru yesterday),Kontagora-Makera,Makera-Jebba. Up til early last year Kontagora-Ilorin which is abt a distance of 280km takes us at least 6-7hrs to drive thru because of d state of dt road (now we do it in at most 4hrs,and dts because of d Jebba-Ilorin stretch). I won't pat GEJ on d back just yet because I belong to d school of thot dt believes dt any Govt in power in Naija cud 50 times more,because Naija is so blessed with wealth. Why shudn't Abuja-Okene be 5 lanes on each side? Why shudn't Ibadan-Lagos be 6 lanes each? Why shudn't Sokoto-Kontagora be dualised? Don't we have d resources in dis country? Besides electricity & water,I feel gud roads r d only oda means goverance can av meaning to d masses. Abuja-Lokoja was originally awarded to dis Italian dude who renovated GEJ's Otuoke church,...now it has bin re-awarded to RCC, Dantata & Sawoe,Bulletin construction etc,...my concern is am sure d first contractor was allowed to walk away with tax payers money despite d fact dt he did no meaningful job. There is simply no way a 'paddy-paddy government' can impress me. All of des pseudo-developmental efforts are geared towards one end,...2015 elections/GEJ's 2nd term.

My dear, your country is a very poor country not just because of corruption but because of our sole reliance on just one product - crude oil. The capital vote for ministry of works is just about 120 billion naira (ie less than $1 billion). Let us face facts, corruption is just about 5% of the problem. How many roads can 120 billion naira actually build in a year? Even, that amount is not enough for
Abuja roads alone. Meanwhile, Nigeria is such a big country with several kilometers of highways scattered around the country requiring attention.Is it 120 billion naira in an annual budget that will build 10 and 12 lanes expressways you talked about?

Nigeria's 2013 budget in dollars is about $36 billion with a population of 160 million people whereas, Saudi Arabia's 2013 budget is about $186 billion - close to 6 times the budget of Nigeria but with a less than 25 million population that is just about the size of Lagos and Ogun. Check the 2013 budgets of most of these countries in dollar vis-a-vis their populations and you will know that Nigeria is a very poor country.

5 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Samxiulee: 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
I really don't understand,just because Gej awards or re_award a contract for a railroad for lagos ibadan,does not mean that the SW should be excluded from the list,the rail road has being awarded and re awarded since abacha regime,obasanjo now its Gej.
The main thing is not the award of contracts but commission of those projects anywhere they may be in the country
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Adbobo: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nawa for discremination in naija.

No a single road metioned in South/West.

We have dealy Lagos?Benin Road, Lagos/Ibadan road that are always busy.
You go as far as Tambuwal village to award road and Abia, Benus etc these places na cow they use the road network nah.

May God deliver people in government.

Thieves.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
Sam xiu lee: I really don't understand,just because Gej awards or re_award a contract for a railroad for lagos ibadan,does not mean that the SW should be excluded from the list,the rail road has being awarded and re awarded since abacha regime,obasanjo now its Gej.
The main thing is not the award of contracts but commission of those projects anywhere they may be in the country

My BRO, do you live in Lagos?
The Oshodi-Apapa exp.way, from Wharf to Ijesha Express has been completed (one lane), and second phase from Ijesha to Oshodi has commenced, being handled by Messrs Julius Berger.
Lagos-Ibadan expressway project is moving just fine, take a trip there yourself.

Though sponsored by the World Bank and the ADB, but greatly supported in no small means by the FG, the Lagos-Badagry expressway project is gathering huge praises to all involved.
These road rehabilitation don't come cheap, considering the 2013 Budget of the Min. of Works and they are FG Roads,
The Wharf-Ikorodu exp.way would have gone far too, but Oga Fash has asked the Min. of Work to keep off for now, but I know whenever the FG decides on that road, BRF will know he's just a boy.

All said, be it campaign strategy or not, this administration ain't that bad afterall, I have no regrets for my vote in 2011 and I plus many other Progressives shall do it again come 2015, God-willing.

God Bless Nigeria!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Adbobo: Nawa for discremination in naija.

No a single road metioned in South/West.

We have dealy Lagos?Benin Road, Lagos/Ibadan road that are always busy.
You go as far as Tambuwal village to award road and Abia, Benus etc these places na cow they use the road network nah.

May God deliver people in government.

Thieves.

The Oshodi-Apapa exp.way, from Wharf to Ijesha Express has been completed (one lane), and second phase from Ijesha to Oshodi has commenced, being handled by Messrs Julius Berger.
Lagos-Ibadan expressway project is moving just fine, take a trip there yourself.

Though sponsored by the World Bank and the ADB, but greatly supported in no small means by the FG, the Lagos-Badagry expressway project is gathering huge praises to all involved.
These road rehabilitation don't come cheap, considering the 2013 Budget of the Min. of Works and they are FG Roads,
The Wharf-Ikorodu exp.way would have gone far too, but Oga Fash has asked the Min. of Work to keep off for now, but I know whenever the FG decides on that road, BRF will know he's just a boy.

All said, be it campaign strategy or not, this administration ain't that bad afterall, I have no regrets for my vote in 2011 and I plus many other Progressives shall do it again come 2015, God-willing.

God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Maxymilliano(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2013
Gabbysky:

Goddex wrote: Just recently we read "Jonathan signs contract for $1,5billion (ie 250 billion naira) Lagos to Ibadan double track standard gauge railway". Lagos and Ibadan are all in South West but other ethnic groups did not crucify anybody. Even, I just summed up the costs of all those road contracts and it is just about 20% of the rail project. Let others share the crumps too.

Sincere 9gerian wrote: Do you know how much the govt has invested in building railways in the southwest, including the recently awarded Lagos-Ibadan standard guage rail line? How many rail lines have been built in the southeast or Niger delta?

Folks like you or reason like you are the ones exposing the Person of the President to ridicule on faceless forum like this.

Try and read my post once again and respond reasonably, and objectively.

I'm waiting...
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Maxymilliano(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
league11:
so if no federal road in SW needs rehabilitation FG should award state roads to balance d geo political zones?

I will only respond to this part of your post, and it was because you of your critique of my earlier comment.

A report by the Minister claimed road rehabilitation across the six Geopolitical zones, and from the listed roads, none is situated in the SW, except you want to tell me what I don't know.

In your warped imagination, are you saying the six geopolitical zones was adequately represented in the distribution as listed in the original post?

I'll follow this thread because of Ignoramus like you, who just assumed blind support against any perceive contrary opinion against any contrary opinion, even when your defence is at best, watery.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by atanasofberry(m): 6:32am On Mar 29, 2013
wawa_boy: work has already started on the road. Am from aguobu owa. The road will link aguobuowa-mgbagbuowa-umumba(ezeagu in enugu state) to ebenebe-mgbakwu(awka north anambra state). Good dev. It will save us all those traffic jam at 9th mile
u no dey shame2 took say u 4rm dat dead village,wey no get ordinary light but na local govt headquarters!lol!!broda go n dev. Dat hamlet abeg,ur pple re begging!!!
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by johnorji: 11:04am On Mar 29, 2013
FG awarding Ohafia Road-OSO Edda Road is a very good development which will boast economic & commercial activities in the area.I am very happy b/c it passes through my area but my most concern is 4 God Almighty 2 help us so that they will construct quality road without embazzelling d money b/c d road have been awarded by many administration & not good comes out of it.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by sainty2k3(m): 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gabbysky:

God Bless Nigeria!!!

@Gabbysky you mumu no be small - for clarification lagos to kano railway project, can't be called SW project, it cut across other geopolitical zones unlike the road projects listed above; and whosoever listed lagos ibadn expressway should remember that that contracts has been awarded since the days of yaradua .
THIS IS PURE MARGINALIZATION. However the projects are good work from goodluck but SW was marginalized. Shikenah
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Samxiulee: 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gabbysky:

God Bless Nigeria!!!
my Bro
I live in lagos,as a lere boy and someone who comes from badagry I think you are not well informed about things happing in lagos,
The two roads you mentioned apapa oshodi and badagry express way are not correct,firstly apapa oshodi road was awarded by yaradua govt not gej,badagry express way is funded by world bank loan and its being executed by lagos state government not the federal govt.the problem with most of this abandoned or uncompleted projects are funding,this govt officials won't complete one before they award another one,leaving uncompleted mess,litters all over the country
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
That is the problem. When you HATE someone, no matter what that person does, you'll ALWAYS attach negative motives to it.

If the govt was not working, you'll say the govt is a failure, incompetent, clueless,etc. If the govt is working you'll say its because of 2015 elections. WHAT THEN DO YOU WANT THE GOVT TO DO?

Didn't the president promise to fix the roads when he was campaigning in 2011? Since he made such promises, why should anyone be suprised at what is happening now?

Mind you, his tenure has not gone half way, so why the MADNESS with 2015?

Personally, I can only conclude that comments such as yours emanate from HATEFUL minds.

Guy why wud I hate GEJ? D man is frm my professional constituency,...academics. My issue is wit him is simply,...to whom much has bin given,much is expected. Even if a goat were d President & Commander-in-Chief of d Armed Forces of Nigeria,truth is much has bin given to dt goat! Nigerians r suffering in d midst of plenty,...and a very few live in squalor out of our commonwealth. And a President who shud be a role model is doing tins and u folks r clapping for him? Not me. He has to do 40times more to impress a sincere and objective Nigerian like me.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by asha80(m): 7:29am On Apr 01, 2013
that ikotekpene aba owerri road dualization listed as akwa ibom/abia/imo i wonder if it is dualization all the way to naze junction in owerri?
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 01, 2013
Goddex:

My dear, your country is a very poor country not just because of corruption but because of our sole reliance on just one product - crude oil. The capital vote for ministry of works is just about 120 billion naira (ie less than $1 billion). Let us face facts, corruption is just about 5% of the problem. How many roads can 120 billion naira actually build in a year? Even, that amount is not enough for
Abuja roads alone. Meanwhile, Nigeria is such a big country with several kilometers of highways scattered around the country requiring attention.Is it 120 billion naira in an annual budget that will build 10 and 12 lanes expressways you talked about?

Nigeria's 2013 budget in dollars is about $36 billion with a population of 160 million people whereas, Saudi Arabia's 2013 budget is about $186 billion - close to 6 times the budget of Nigeria but with a less than 25 million population that is just about the size of Lagos and Ogun. Check the 2013 budgets of most of these countries in dollar vis-a-vis their populations and you will know that Nigeria is a very poor country.

I beg to disagree wit u,...my country Nigeria is not a poor country. And corruption is 95% of the problem,not the 5% u suggested. Imagine a Nigeria wia corruption is minimal,wia a person who steals N5,000 of public funds is hanged at d gallows within 2weeks of bin arrested (think China),...imagine d possibilities for Nigeria. Imagine wat wud happen to electricity,to our roads,to our educational system,to our judiciary,...if only GEJ wil honestly fight corruption and lead by example. D fact dt we relay on oil only for income is in itself as a result of corruption. Lastly,imagine we pay our legislators 15-20% at most of wat they steal presently,make legislative duties part-time (mainly to cut costs),...do u know how much dt wud free for developmental projects? If roads in Abuja can be as gud as dey are,den roads all over Nigeria shud be so too. And Naija has d money,...but its stuck in d pockets of a few pple in govt. And for those making noise abt Lag-Ibdn express,if I hear! I drove on dt road to & fro frm Ibdn 3 tyms d week b4 d last,d most dis Govt has done is wat every Govt since 1999 has done to dt road,...patch a few potholes here and dia. Lyk Tinubu described it several years ago,'vehicles dancing on d express like JJ Okocha dribbling with his football'...d road is stil pathetically so.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by seanet01: 8:17am On Apr 01, 2013
Not a single project in the South West?
Okay o. We siddon dey look.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by taharqa: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2013
seanet01: Not a single project in the South West?
Okay o. We siddon dey look.
We ernestly await d Good Governance Tour in d SW. It wud be both Interesting and REVEALING....
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by ewet: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2013
Gabbysky:

Goddex wrote: Just recently we read "Jonathan signs contract for $1,5billion (ie 250 billion naira) Lagos to Ibadan double track standard gauge railway". Lagos and Ibadan are all in South West but other ethnic groups did not crucify anybody. Even, I just summed up the costs of all those road contracts and it is just about 20% of the rail project. Let others share the crumps too.

Sincere 9gerian wrote: Do you know how much the govt has invested in building railways in the southwest, including the recently awarded Lagos-Ibadan standard guage rail line? How many rail lines have been built in the southeast or Niger delta?
those railways were built by the british whn thy were arund.and it was designed to bring derivatives from the hinterlnad to the coast for unward shipment abroad.as in this case the lagos-ibaadan railway is meant to link the SW with the north,u also have the 1 running from PH to the north.
But criosly Goddex tht 250billion quid is some crious box,if its rily for the SW as u claim just tell them to giv us (SW) the money.I tell you we will get world class 21st century speed trains and stiil have change left and not the obsoltet worn out locomotives your ABJ friends are proposing.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2013
The article should have said excluding the south west.

Even if it was going to be just a 1km road, they should have added something from the SW.
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
we are all sitting there asking why the chicken crossed the road.. to distracted to see the robber walk out of the bank with the loot
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 12:43am On May 24, 2013
sainty2k3:

@Gabbysky you mumu no be small - for clarification lagos to kano railway project, can't be called SW project, it cut across other geopolitical zones unlike the road projects listed above; and whosoever listed lagos ibadn expressway should remember that that contracts has been awarded since the days of yaradua .
THIS IS PURE MARGINALIZATION. However the projects are good work from goodluck but SW was marginalized. Shikenah

Guy, can we behave ourselves? no need for name calling please, thank you very much!
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 1:05am On May 24, 2013
Will the people saying $1.5bn rail was awarded for Lagos to Ibadan just stop spreading misinformation...

Contracts were awarded for railways in ND and East too. Why are you guys BIAS and nonsensical in reasoning like this?

No road contract was awarded the SW and instead of you guys to actually voice out against this kind of corruption, you guys are here saying a $1.5bn rail way was awarded lagos to Ibadan. Are you guys dumb or what?

it is clear that Jonathan's administration is corrupt and partisan. So because the entire Yoruba land refused to vote PDP, we shouldn't be considered in governance?

Railroad contracts were awarded all over the country not just Lagos to Ibadan you bloody hypocrites. So why should awarding railroad contracts be used as a reason for not awarding road contracts?

Isn't lagos Ibadan road busier than any road in East or S? The freaking road leading to the seaport is a federal road fetching Nigeria over 600 billion naira per year yet the FG can't spend 10 billion naira to fix it? Are freaking serious..

Later some nutjobs will be asking why SW is aligning with the North? the reason is obvious!!!

Where were all these freaking people surrounding Jonathan now when we in the SW were shouting and protesting to make him president?

Mehn, if Yorubas decide to stay neutral in another serious event, don't blame them. They made Jonathan president and Jonathan betrayed them. unsophisticated baboons
Re: FG Awards 13 Roads Contracts Worth N47.8b And N3.6b Satellite Map by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 24, 2013
nonsense FG..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: NSCDC Seals 2 Filling Stations In Niger / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” - Olusegun Obasanjo / Osinbajo: Acquiring COVID-19 Vaccine For Citizens Our Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.