Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

People Claiming To Have Remedies For All Solutions - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / People Claiming To Have Remedies For All Solutions (470 Views)

Nigerians Sting Themselves With Bees Claiming It Cures Sicknesses (Video) / Bursted: Yoruba Claiming SS On A Biafra Thread / Home Remedies To Grow A Beard Or Facial Hair Faster! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Claiming To Have Remedies For All Solutions by HAPPENINGS9JA: 9:30am On Mar 28, 2013
Have you noticed how quick people are to prey on people’s fear and insecurities? Have you noticed how many concoctions, tablets, creams, drinks and even powders are available in the open market to those who want to lose weight, get larger sex organs, have children, look younger etc.?

I was at the market the other day, and a man walked up to me to say that if I inhaled a certain powder, I would lose weight; I laughed so hard, the man thought I also had a mental problem and he also had a cure for that. It wouldn’t be the first time I was approached for something like this. In fact, a friend of mine had a very interesting encounter.

According to her, she was complaining to her hair dresser that her four year old son had become unruly. Another client at the salon quickly referred her to someone who sells an ointment which she called “stubborn boy”. The client said she had used it on her own son some weeks back and she was beginning to see results. My friend who was complaining before quickly told the other lady, “e never reach like that”.

I assumed it was a “Nigerian thing”, until my visit to South Africa. I was at an Indian market looking for chili pepper; next inscription I saw was “Mother-in-Law extinguisher” (a tried and tested powder that takes care of troublesome mother-in-laws). That was all the confirmation I needed, people claim to have remedies to every human problem.

Have you experienced this before? Kindly share your experience.

[http://www.happenings9ja.com/happenings/posts/live-play/love-sex/ding-dong-a-remedy-for-all-your-troubles]

(1) (Reply)

If Etisalat Will Pay. / Can A Female Commit Rape? It’sdifficult For A Man To Be Raped / Is Peace Dwindling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.