Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

A Close Shave - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Close Shave (907 Views)

For Muslim Ummah, As The Year Draws To A Close / Is It Permissible To Close Your Eyes During Solat? / Ramadan Coming To A Close: How Did It Go? (share) By Shari`ah Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Close Shave by tbaba1234: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2013
Today, i had a close shave... i had my life flash before my eyes for a few seconds, like they say.

I went for a road trip, the driver tried to overtake another vehicle but miscalculated it. I was on the passenger seat. A collision seemed inevitable, somehow the driver made a last minute swerve.

I was happy that i murmured the shahada, i always wondered if i could do it when faced with real danger. Anyway i am fine.

Remember death, it could come at anytime.

May Allah have mercy on us. Ciao
Re: A Close Shave by sino(m): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Alhamdulilah nothing bad happened, may Allah (SWT) grant us long lives to do more good deeds, and take our souls when firdaus is sure ameen.
Re: A Close Shave by SONKOko(m): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
That would have been a blessed ending perhaps something great still lies ahead
Re: A Close Shave by ZhulFiqar2: 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
tbaba1234: Today, i had a close shave... i had my life flash before my eyes for a few seconds, like they say.

I went for a road trip, the driver tried to overtake another vehicle but miscalculated it. I was on the passenger seat. A collision seemed inevitable, somehow the driver made a last minute swerve.

I was happy that i murmured the shahada, i always wondered if i could do it when faced with real danger. Anyway i am fine.

may be it is a sign for you to repent and accept the truth before it is too late. wink
Re: A Close Shave by maclatunji: 12:12am On Mar 29, 2013
tbaba1234: Today, i had a close shave... i had my life flash before my eyes for a few seconds, like they say.

Alhamdulillah, you are safe. I have seen something like that before. It wasn't the bus I was travelling in but a car driven by someone I suspected to be tipsy. They were coming from a party and were intimidated by our bus driver. They then engaged in a road race with our bus driver from Ijebu Ode to Sagamu. They missed colliding with a trailer by whiskers on one of their overtakings.
Re: A Close Shave by maclatunji: 12:14am On Mar 29, 2013
Zhul-Fiqar.:

may be it is a sign for you to repent and accept the truth before it is too late. wink

He isn't good enough a Muslim for you? If you say that is not what you mean then your comment makes no sense
Re: A Close Shave by deols(f): 9:37am On Mar 29, 2013
Alhamdulillah!!!

May I use ds opportunity to ask for your prayers, everybody please.

I have a serious headache, disturbing my concentration while I have an exam tomorrow. Pray for me pulease..
Re: A Close Shave by siddiq202(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2013
^May it be a purification if Allah wills. In Sha Allah it won't have effect on your exam. Hope you have taken drugs?

Op Alhamdulila, It's a reminder...
Re: A Close Shave by deols(f): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
Yeah. Thanka.

@op, sorry for the derailment.
Re: A Close Shave by zayhal(f): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
Alhamdulilah

@deols
Laa ba'sa tahuurun in sha Allah.
Re: A Close Shave by LagosShia: 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
maclatunji:

He isn't good enough a Muslim for you? If you say that is not what you mean then your comment makes no sense

lol...half bread is better than none,right? its great to be a Muslim.but if you want to understand Zhul-Fiqar's Shia view,you need to understand the Quran.know the difference of what the Quran portrays of being "muslim" (submitter with the lips and some acts) and being a "mu'meen" (believer in the heart).and then consult the hadiths of the signs of a mu'meen described by the holy Prophet (s).I don't want to derail the thread,but I can help you out if you like.

and as for tbaba,may Allah (swt) protect us all and prolong our lives for the good He intended for us.
Re: A Close Shave by vedaxcool(m): 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
^
Have u heard of multiple personality disorder? Coz I can't just figure out how u are able to dualize ur behavior so effortlessly zhullagosfiqarshia!

Thaba may Allah protect u from misfortune and grant u long life amin. And yep we should all remember death, it comes unannounced, in addition taking stock of ones' life time to time would ensure we keep in mind death and make sure our deeds are always in line with what is good!

@ deols may Allah grant u sound health and success in your exams amin
Re: A Close Shave by BetaThings: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
@Tbaba
May Allah protect us, extend our life and bless us with the urge and ability to commit that long life to good deeds

@Deols
May Allah ease the headache and make it an expiation for sin. And may Allah help you excel in that exam

@All
If I remember, the best way of praying for our brothers and sisters is when they are not there. Let us remember them while in sujud. Their prayers and ours have better chances of being answered
Re: A Close Shave by tbaba1234: 12:54am On Mar 30, 2013
Deols, all the best in your exams, May Allah grant you success...
Re: A Close Shave by deols(f): 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
Zayhal, Vedaxcool, BetaThings, Tbaba.

Thank you soooo much. May Allah reward you.
Re: A Close Shave by tbaba1234: 6:46am On Apr 03, 2013
Deleted
Re: A Close Shave by deSika(m): 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
thank God for saving u.bro
Re: A Close Shave by damas11111(m): 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
Alhamdulillah for your life.
Re: A Close Shave by tbaba1234: 6:32am On Apr 05, 2013
No jokes guys, had another close shave on Tuesday. Got shot at by robbers. More details later.
Re: A Close Shave by damas11111(m): 6:56am On Apr 05, 2013
tbaba1234: No jokes guys, had another close shave on Tuesday. Got shot at by robbers. More details later.

This is now not getting funnier? Alhamdulillah again sha.
Re: A Close Shave by deols(f): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2013
Argh!!!!!!! srzly?

Audhubillahi oooo.
Re: A Close Shave by tbaba1234: 9:21am On Apr 05, 2013
Two cars, my dad 's car n .my mum's car. We were in a convoy from the village for the easter break. Two drivers, my dad's driver n my mum's driver. I was in my dad's car, we were in front .. they came from the bushes and stood in front of us. They shot.

We took cover, we were close enouigh to speed past them.My mum's driver swerved and almost hit one of them. .. they jumped off the road and shot at the car. They missed.

We were the only cars that got away. The others stopped. It was like a movie. This took place at 10am.

My mum's driver was awesome... I was scared when we passed. .Just looking back to see if they would get past them. Crazy few seconds!! Incredible driving.

Alhamdulilah.. hopefully no one was hurt.
Re: A Close Shave by busar(m): 10:09am On Apr 05, 2013
Alhamdulillah
Re: A Close Shave by maclatunji: 10:33am On Apr 05, 2013
Alhamdulillah! Better imagined than experienced. I rejoice with you my brother. May we as a people (country) mend our ways enough to avoid such evil from becoming so prevalent amongst us.
Re: A Close Shave by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
siddiq202: ^May it be a purification if Allah wills. In Sha Allah it won't have effect on your exam. Hope you have taken drugs?

Op Alhamdulila, It's a reminder...

what does "In Sha Allah" mean?
(i know i could do a google search..but I don't want to tongue)
Re: A Close Shave by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
maclatunji: Alhamdulillah!

^^and that?
Re: A Close Shave by deols(f): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
@tbaba, that is one big experience. which of d favours of your Lord will you deny?

alhamdulillah
Re: A Close Shave by deols(f): 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

what does "In Sha Allah" mean?
(i know i could do a google search..but I don't want to tongue)

in sha Allah means by the will of Allah.

alhamdulillah means all praises are to Allah.

1 Like

Re: A Close Shave by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
deols:

in sha Allah means by the will of Allah.

alhamdulillah means all praises are to Allah.

oh ok i see.
thanks.
Re: A Close Shave by sino(m): 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
shocked Subhanallah! two times in a week?! Allah Has been so merciful on you bro, Alhamdulilah.

Robbery @10 am?! Only Allah protects one in this country o.

(1) (Reply)

Sunnah Dressing In Male Is Beautiful / Muslim Terrorists? / Proving Our Love To Allah - Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.