Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? (8243 Views)

Metuh’s Torn Statement Linked Jonathan To N400m – EFCC / Arms Deal Probe: PDP Torn Into 4 Factions / Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by HOTWATER(m): 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
B/c GEJ produced it
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Samsantos9: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
I personally don't accept it because if I accept it nobody would accept it.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by kokoye(m): 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
Who knows where it's been (inside bra, paiint, koste, yeri, armpit)?

God help us
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by StateOfMind: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
I agree with the Op about the northern people accepting torn notes. When I was in camp in the north, I noticed they gave out torn notes as change anyhow . The first time I was given, as a typical 'southwesterner', I rejected it, the aboki gave me another torn one, which I also rejected until a fellow corp member tapped me and urged me to collect it because they spend and accept torn notes well in the north. He assured me the next shop would accept it from me.

After that incidence, I started collecting torn notes in camp without complaining. However, I made one mistake before leaving. I forgot to spend all the torn notes over there before returning to the west. Those notes are still somewhere in my box cos my people over here rejected them.

Some weeks ago, a particular bank almost rejected a torn 1000n note and he told me its the new policy in banks too to stop accepting torn notes. I really don't get how they expect that policy to work when atm also dispenses torn notes at times. Thank God for filling stations sha. They are the only people I can confidently give torn notes without the fear of rejection.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by badmeat(m): 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
I think its a problem!the apex bank should try and mops weak n faded currency,nigerians should also learn how to handle cash properly
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Petraman(m): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
many Traders won't colloct torn or faded Naira notes, so why should i collect the outdated money and let's it liquidate in my hand. even those fillinf station attendance dey reject am
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
Tolexander: A torn or fade on a bill has no effect on its financial or monetary power but a reduction in its facial quality.

Faded bills spoil swaggs mehn! Most especially when trying to impress the new chics.

Good lawd! You consciously make efforts to impress chics? Pathetic, mann! You need to step it up.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by gratiaeo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
The money shouldn't be rejected if not that some banks are rejecting it. Its a naija headache
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
I DON'T GET TO REJECT THE NOTES IF ITS ONLY GOT SOME SLIGHT FADE OR SOME TORN BITS. BUT WHAT P.SS ME OFF IS THE DAMM WAY SOME TRADERS ARE QUICK TO REJECT NOTES AND HAND THEM OVER TO YOU IMMEDIATELY AND IRRITATINGLY SO WHENEVER A VERY MINUTE DENT OR SOME SAFE FADE IS NOTICED. THOSE BUS CONDUCTORS DO IT 'BETTER,'AND HOW EMBARRASSED THEY CAN GET ONE....THE ONLY GUYS WHO GOT NO PROB WITH THOSE NOTES,EVEN WORSE NOTES ARE THOSE HUSTLERS HAWKING ON THE STREET YOGHURT GUYS,'PURE WATER,'PUFF PUFF,VENDOR,....
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Habeebpain(m): 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
In Katsina anything goes. Torn, taped, shredded and even faded, they'll accept it most especially at the NYSC camp.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by pazienza(m): 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Good lawd! You consciously make efforts to impress chics? Pathetic, mann! You need to step it up.

What exactly are u talking about? That u have never made conscious effort to impress a lady before?
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Dermie: 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
Imprida: It does not like nice
who?
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Deiok(m): 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
na wah 4 naija peeps ooh. Dem too dey form. If the polymer note just get small spot them go reject am 4 your hand. And them they damage or mishandle the thing pass. Mtewww.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Deiok(m): 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
i even get up to N120 of ten naira note that i have not be able to use. And it was given to me in the bank. Even filling stations rejected it from me.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by cutekonkolo(f): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:

Not by force to post
U̶̲̥̅̊ are soo funny , lol
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Notion(m): 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
i reject because i dt wat it to be a liability to me,so there4 other's will also reject it.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by yvonnechi(f): 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
Banks also reject torn or mutilated money with the excuse that CBN will charge them.
Ave experienced such before in Diamond Bank Lagos.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by PurestBoy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
ItsModella: I don't accept torn money because I know that no one will accept it when I want to use it to purchase something.

What are u selling that u don't accept torn money?
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by fermlad: 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
PurestBoy:

What are u selling that u don't accept torn money?

Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Orikinla(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
BECAUSE IS SHOWS LACK OF RESPECT FOR MONEY AND UNHYGIENIC.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by remmydada(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
If you really want to see where they reject torn or faded note come to ibadan you will be very surprised at the rate they reject it
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by markdacas: 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
I can't just imagine the quality of questions or posts we c these days and come to think of it, it made front page! Smh. Stupid hare brain question.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by drstan(m): 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
NL,NL,NL!!!! See watin una day put for front page, when topic like this day ehhh, https://www.nairaland.com/1232047/nigerian-invents-fastest-oil-spillage
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Emmyk(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
Popowaa: I made first page
as in? Buh u aint the OP na
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by knockturnal(m): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
For the simple reason that other wont collect from me if i do.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Harpic: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
Coz itz torn nd faded
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by searay(m): 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
I reject it because girls no dey collect dirty/faded money.
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
mark dacas: I can't just imagine the quality of questions or posts we c these days and come to think of it, it made front page! Smh. Stupid hare brain question.

One of the key issues we need to consider is why that difference in acceptability? ...Put in another way...

What is that factor that makes the northerners accept slightly torn or faded notes easily, unlike the southerners?
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by Chomzy19(f): 7:00am On Mar 30, 2013
Y should I accept sth I will find hard to spend? bsyds such monies though they do not loose their monetary value, loose their swag value
Re: Why Do you Reject Torn Or Faded Naira note? by prof800(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
yvonnechi: Banks also reject torn or mutilated money with the excuse that CBN will charge them.
Ave experienced such before in Diamond Bank Lagos.
The employee who told you that was only telling a LIE. CBN charges them for every deposit made including mutilated notes, in fact they even prefer extremely mutilated notes to mildly mutilated ones. There is no extra charge for depositing mutilated notes in CBN because the CBN created the notes knowing their life span (mobile durability) and have therefore incured the cost of destruction and re-printing from day one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1984 Cartoon Of President Buhari Surfaces Online / Many Buharists Aren’t Progressives But Opportunists – Shehu Sani / Festus Keyamo Drops The Mother Of All BOMBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.