Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully (2890 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by nduchucks: 1:23am On Mar 29, 2013
The Great Nelson Mandela is 94 years old and by any account he has lived a very full life. In the days of old,the greatest blessing is to be able to live a full life and die peacefully in one's sleep,preferably among loved ones.

Technology has changed us so much to the point of having robbed us of the joy of dying peacefully. They patch the organs of our aged parents and grand parents, keep them on drugs with painful side effects until they die without experiencing the joy of dying peacefully.

I use this forum to appeal to the South African government and his family, to stop drugging this great man, take him home,and allow him to be with his family until God calls him.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu3LiqVndoK2CKblLCZugMSdkeeE3EsZEFIgQflS8ByofpZNgk[/img]

May God be with you sir.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP4O4NptsadILb3xdMoqJMXEnpBEDZ8aIIsGzCScyJ5UTRXuVx[/img]

We all love you. noting do you at all. cry

4 Likes

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by reporter1: 1:40am On Mar 29, 2013
You wouldn't know anything about life preservation. After all, you arean aboki who do not
value life like your BH brethren.

1 Like

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by AndreUweh(m): 1:48am On Mar 29, 2013
Any country that values human life will not allow a citizen to die. They can keep a person in the respirator until all the organs fail.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 2:02am On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh: Any country that values human life will not allow a citizen to die. They can keep a person in the respirator until all the organs fail.

What kind of life is that which is dependent on a respirator?

2 Likes

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Ola17: 2:05am On Mar 29, 2013
reporter?:
[s] You wouldn't know anything about life preservation. After all, you an aboki who does not
value life like your BH brethren [/s] .
Somebody expressed his opinion and the only thing you can come up with is that harebrain response?
If you can't comment objectively why not just shut it, abi you wan derail d thread ni?
undecided undecided
@ OP, I also think they should allow the great Mandiba to rest.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 29, 2013
This is not about not about preserving a life. This is about the morality of using drugs with serious side effects to preserve a life.

If you live too long, you may be living with too much discomfort that death is worth seeing.

I will not want to live more than the natural age of my organs. What is life when you are living in a hospital and conscious about death 24/7? It's better for death to come unexpected than to live expecting death.

Side note: I'm not pro Nelson Mandela. Many see him as a hero but he is nothing but a traitor of the African struggle. Mandela did little to no adjustment to see the redistribution of wealth so that the lower class will have a fighting chance. Instead SA is still economically controlled by foreigners while the natives still suffer. He traded the welfare of his people for his freedom, betrayed the continuity of Afro revolt against imperial oppression. You thing the queen will give knighthood to someone who hasn't served their purpose? Mugabe once served the Brits' purpose in Zimbabwe and he was knighted. Nelson Mandela was real before he went to jail that is why he was branded terrorist/rebel. But after he came out, he became a British knight.

Read his minority report. All that glitters isn't gold indeed.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by backtosender: 2:21am On Mar 29, 2013
NAWAOOO,WISHING DEATH ON MANDELA ALREADY?THIS IS NOT NAIJAOO WHERE LIFE NA 50/50

3 Likes

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 2:21am On Mar 29, 2013
0lumide:
Side note: I'm not pro Nelson Mandela. Many see him as a hero but he is nothing but a traitor of the African struggle. Mandela did little to no adjustment to see the redistribution of wealth so that the lower class will have a fighting chance. Instead SA is still economically controlled by foreigners while the natives still suffer. He traded the welfare of his people for his freedom, betrayed the continuity of Afro revolt against imperial oppression. You thing the queen will give knighthood to someone who hasn't served their purpose? Mugabe once served the Brits' purpose in Zimbabwe and he was knighted. He was real before he went to jail that is why he was branded terrorist/rebel. But after he came out, he became a British knight.

How would you have redistributed the wealth? Would you have followed the rash strategy pursued by Mugagbe which wrecked the Zimbabwean economy?

Do you think the blacks in SA would have gotten power if there were no negotiations?

Have you been to SA recently? They have the same problems like Nigeria. A few connected black folks are getting wealthy without thinking of society at large.

A man who spent 27 years in prison should not be considered a sell out.

Seriously, I would like to know what you would have done.

4 Likes

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by AndreUweh(m): 2:23am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Being on the respirator doesn't mean you life will depend entirely on the respirator. Some people make progress while some don't.
Most societies at the forefront of civilisation do not fold their arms and allow their citizens to die, even if their wish is death.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by kettykin: 2:25am On Mar 29, 2013
0lumide: This is not about not about preserving a life. This is about the morality of using drugs with serious side effects to preserve a life.

If you live too long, you may be living with too much discomfort that death is worth seeing.

I will not want to live more than the natural age of my organs. What is life when you are living in a hospital and conscious about death 24/7? It's better for death to come unexpected than to live expecting death.

Side note: I'm not pro Nelson Mandela. Many see him as a hero but he is nothing but a traitor of the African struggle. Mandela did little to no adjustment to see the redistribution of wealth so that the lower class will have a fighting chance. Instead SA is still economically controlled by foreigners while the natives still suffer. He traded the welfare of his people for his freedom, betrayed the continuity of Afro revolt against imperial oppression. You thing the queen will give knighthood to someone who hasn't served their purpose? Mugabe once served the Brits' purpose in Zimbabwe and he was knighted. He was real before he went to jail that is why he was branded terrorist/rebel. But after he came out, he became a British knight.

This is the reason why Nigerian Medicare has not gone beyond issuance of pain relieving drugs like panadol and the Medics are always at war over pay wages while sick Nigerians rush to india
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 29, 2013
@ ndu I agree 100%, I don't want to pass 80 myself
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 2:30am On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Being on the respirator doesn't mean you life will depend entirely on the respirator. Some people make progress while some don't.
Most societies at the forefront of civilisation do not fold their arms and allow their citizens to die, even if their wish is death.

For a young person, it may be difficult for the family to let go. But for an old person, I don't see the point. Its a lot of suffering for the old person and stress for the family that have to support the old person.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

How would you have redistributed the wealth? Would you have followed the rash strategy pursued by Mugagbe which wrecked the Zimbabwean economy?

Do you think the blacks in SA would have gotten power if there were no negotiations?

Have you been to SA recently? They have the same problems like Nigeria. A few connected black folks are getting wealthy without thinking of society at large.

A man who spent 27 years in prison should not be considered a sell out.

Seriously, I would like to know what you would have done.

I would have died a hero to my people instead of a servant to the Queen (Knight). Nelson Mandela becoming a hero is nothing more than the way the Media was directed to make him look.

Mahatma Ghandi was also branded a hero even though he joined in the killing of thousands of Zulus. So you see, if you serve the crown's purpose, you become a hero to be remembered and your atrocities will be covered. As soon as Mugabe went against foreign powers and decided to put his people first (even though he did it the wrong way), he was branded a dictator. He wasn't called out when the foreigners were enjoying him in power.

I would have not contested for election after coming out of jail. 27 years away from the world is enough to brainwash you of everything you know and instill a different ideology in your head. Nelson Mandela after jail is nothing but the idea of his jailers. Basically, no training programs were done to integrate the blacks into the bigger continent and make them competitive. Everything Mandela did while in power was directed.

I'm sorry but Mandela is not my African hero. Buhari, Rawlings, Gaddafi, Sankara. these are some of the people I see as my African heroes even though the media portrayed them as evil, I see beyond media hypes bros.

Redistribution of wealth can be done basically by investing heavily in what the Natives of South Africa have comparative advantage in.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by AndreUweh(m): 2:37am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

For a young person, it may be difficult for the family to let go. But for an old person, I don't see the point. Its a lot of suffering for the old person and stress for the family that have to support the old person.
But for the old, you have to willing express it that they must not resuscitate you in case any thing happens. If you don't opt out of resus, those paid to preserve life will do everything possible to ensure you do not die.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 29, 2013
kettykin:

This is the reason why Nigerian Medicare has not gone beyond issuance of pain relieving drugs like panadol and the Medics are always at war over pay wages while sick Nigerians rush to india

Daftstilo
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 2:53am On Mar 29, 2013
0lumide:

I would have died a hero to my people instead of a servant to the Queen (Knight). Nelson Mandela becoming a hero is nothing more than the way the Media was directed to make him look.

Mahatma Ghandi was also branded a hero even though he joined in the killing of thousands of Zulus. So you see, if you serve the crown's purpose, you become a hero to be remembered and your atrocities will be covered. As soon as Mugabe went against foreign powers and decided to put his people first (even though he did it the wrong way), he was branded a dictator. He wasn't called out when the foreigners were enjoying him in power.

I would have not contested for election after coming out of jail. 27 years away from the world is enough to brainwash you of everything you know and instill a different ideology in your head. Nelson Mandela after jail is nothing but the idea of his jailers. Basically, no training programs were done to integrate the blacks into the bigger continent and make them competitive. Everything Mandela did while in power was directed.

I'm sorry but Mandela is not my African hero. Buhari, Rawlings, Gaddafi, Sankara. these are some of the people I see as my African heroes even though the media portrayed them as evil, I see beyond media hypes bros.

Redistribution of wealth can be done basically by investing heavily in what the Natives of South Africa have comparative advantage in.

Which is what? Black South Africans didn't prepare for power and were unable to seize the opportunity when it came.

We have to agree to disagree on the non-bolded part.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by reporter1: 2:56am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

@Katz,

There is nothing in the media to indicate that he is now dependent on a respirator.
He is not comatose or brain dead. According to reports, he's having respiratory issues due to
TB he contracted a while back in prison. If he is left alone at home without medical attention, his breath
will be labored and agonizing.
The humanly thing to do is to provide him the medical care he needs. There shouldn't be any debate about life preservation even for geriatric patients.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 3:02am On Mar 29, 2013
reporter?:

@Katz,

There is nothing in the media to indicate that he is now dependent on a respirator.
He is not comatose or brain dead. According to reports, he's having respiratory issues due to
TB he contracted a while back in prison. If he is left alone at home without medical attention, his breath
will be labored and agonizing.
The humanly thing to do is to provide him the medical care he needs. There shouldn't be any debate about life preservation even for geriatric patients.

I agree with your points, I was just responding to Andrew's point about being kept alive by respirators.

If Mandela is not suffering and is not a burden, then no problem with extensive medical care.

1 Like

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Which is what? Black South Africans didn't prepare for power and were unable to seize the opportunity when it came.

We have to agree to disagree on the non-bolded part.

i think in the face of oppression, the oppressed are ready to seize power. What is wrong is the man made leader. There were more active and ideological members of the Guerrilla movement than Nelson Mandela. It is not the readiness of the people to seize power that is the problem; The problem was the person supposedly given returned power.

99% of Black South Africans knew nothing like Education up until the last decade of the 20th century. So a lot had to be done in education for the black population. Instead, Nelson Mandel sprung into generalizing everybody as South Africans forgetting that the people he is pitching his people to compete with are decades ahead in all areas of the economy and can basically win in all aspects. Segregation should have been the first policy. Segregation in the sense that, Heavy investment was suppose to be done in the lives of Black South Africans only. While the whites go about their businesses, the taxes and whatever the nation makes financially should be used to the blacks only. trainings in agriculture, technical skills, education both home and abroad with massive incentives for everyone advancing in whatever type of program the government aid puts them in. Be it educational, technical skills acquisition. Massive training in agriculture so those who can't read and write and are not interested have other areas to become useful in.

But what did we get in South Africa, "hey my people, you are now free to take the train with white people, you can now give birth in same hospitals as white peopole, you can go anywhere they didn't allow you go before" etc.... This did little to nothing to help the people become competitive and take control of the economy of their god given nation.

Nelson Mandela sold out big time bros.

I like discussions with you and Koruji. You guys make a young nigger think deep before replying to your posts cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by 2legit2qwt: 3:18am On Mar 29, 2013
You make absolutely no sense op. He's old and at that age apparently requires more medical treatments and attention. It's not like they're keeping him on anything and even if they are, doctors have guidelines they follow which involves the approval of the family for any kind of life support

I can't believe somebody is actually spewing this bullsh1t about letting someone die peacefully? I hope you know how bad it'll be if he dies from something that can be treated medically.

I'll like to see the face behind the handle but i guess the internet is a place to spew junk and walk away graciously

Take my advice, fly down to SA and personally assassinate him, that way, you can be sure he dies "peacefully"

1 Like

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 3:18am On Mar 29, 2013
0lumide:

i think in the face of oppression, the oppressed are ready to seize power. What is wrong is the man made leader. There were more active and ideological members of the Guerrilla movement than Nelson Mandela. It is not the readiness of the people to seize power that is the problem; The problem was the person supposedly given returned power.

99% of Black South Africans knew nothing like Education up until the last decade of the 20th century. So a lot had to be done in education for the black population. Instead, Nelson Mandel sprung into generalizing everybody as South Africans forgetting that the people he is pitching his people to compete with are decades ahead in all areas of the economy and can basically win in all aspects. Segregation should have been the first policy. Segregation in the sense that, Heavy investment was suppose to be done in the lives of Black South Africans only. While the whites go about their businesses, the taxes and whatever the nation makes financially should be used to the blacks only. trainings in agriculture, technical skills, education both home and abroad with massive incentives for everyone advancing in whatever type of program the government aid puts them in. Be it educational, technical skills acquisition. Massive training in agriculture so those who can't read and write and are not interested have other areas to become useful in.

But what did we get in South Africa, "hey my people, you are now free to take the train with white people, you can now give birth in same hospitals as white peopole, you can go anywhere they didn't allow you go before" etc.... This did little to nothing to help the people become competitive and take control of the economy of their god given nation.

I like discussions with you and Koruji. You guys make a young nigger think deep before replying to your posts cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Considering the way sub-saharan countries have been run since the independence era, do you think SA is a different story? Or its the same story? The fact remains that all over sub-saharan africa, a majority are in poverty while a minority rule and enrich themselves. The only difference in SA is that the minority is white. Sub-Saharan Africa has a big problem.

Thanks
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Considering the way sub-saharan countries have been run since the independence era, do you think SA is a different story? Or its the same story? The fact remains that all over sub-saharan africa, a majority are in poverty while a minority rule and enrich themselves. The only difference in SA is that the minority is white. Sub-Saharan Africa has a big problem.

Thanks

I agree with the above entirely!

I guess our leaders weren't brave and honest enough to stand by us.

But my position remains that Nelson Mandela is no hero.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 3:34am On Mar 29, 2013
0lumide:

I agree with the above entirely!

I guess our leaders weren't brave and honest enough to stand by us.

Do you think it's about bravery?

Its about the mindset of the black african. There's a lot that needs to change. Remember there were problems in africa even before the white man set foot on the continent.

0lumide:

But my position remains that Nelson Mandela is no hero.

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. cheesy
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Nobody: 4:06am On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Do you think it's about bravery?

Its about the mindset of the black african. There's a lot that needs to change. Remember there were problems in africa even before the white man set foot on the continent.

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. cheesy

I don't think it's entirely about bravery sha oo. But I've read about the stories of those who against foreign interest in their nations. I was alive when one of them was overthrown and killed (Gaddafi). When Nelson Mandela stood against foreign interests in his native land, he was jailed. When Buhari stood against foreign invasion in Nigeria, he was overthrown. When Sankara shared Fela's view of Africans first in Africa, he was killed, When Gbagbo refused to bow to French pressure, he was overthrown and jailed, when Idi Amin made foreigners bow to his people, he was tagged flesh eater, etc. All those who have the interest of their people at heart are not allowed.

In any given society, there are the selfish and greedy ones and there are the caring and people oriented ones. The selfish and greedy ones will like to hold on to power at the expense of the welfare of their people. There are people oriented ones who care about the welfare of their people but too paranoid to let others continue wherever they stop (Gaddafi). What we have in Africa is a situation whereby the foreign interests which are bad for Africans can only be protected by selfish and greedy leaders wannabes like the case of Nigeria and many other African nations.

I have traveled across Africa, Europe and America (I never enter Asia before sha), not as a tourist but just journeying around knowing different things about the world I live in. Nothing seen in Africa is new to humanity. Everything here is there. The problems here are there too but on different levels in respect to societal structure.

Base on the above, I disagree that there is anything as African mindset. What we have is powerful nations supporting the downtrodden of our societies to protect their interests.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by nduchucks: 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
reporter?:
You wouldn't know anything about life preservation. After all, you arean aboki who do not
value life like your BH brethren.

How can any sane person try to turn this thread into a tribal bashing thread?
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by kgr28(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
0lumide:

thats the most bullshyt i have ever heared!! MANDELA sold people of SA?? Like realy!!! That MAN prevented civil war!! He was only a pres for one term, thats one thing african leaders cannot do!! My question to you why do you regard mogabe,ghadaffi,buhari and others as heros and they fvcked up their countries? What the fvck is your problem with Mandela or the people of SA..?? If nigeria was in SA situation would you still hold that fvcked up thought and dumb analysis bout your beloved nigeria?? So would you kill your grandpa jst because is 90+ and sick

1 Like

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by kgr28(m): 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Thanks
i dont why you nigerians always have an issue bout SA how they got independence, we dont complain, we appreciate what mandela did for SA, what whites did for SA.. So your dumb opinions do not matter!! I would like to believe Nigeria has more poverty than SA.

1 Like

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Katsumoto: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
kgr28: i dont why you nigerians always have an issue bout SA how they got independence, we dont complain, we appreciate what mandela did for SA, what whites did for SA.. So your dumb opinions do not matter!! I would like to believe Nigeria has more poverty than SA.

Do you have comprehension problems? Or do you have issues with reading? How did you arrive at the conclusion that I have issues with how SA attained independence or that I am Nigerian? Read the post again dummy.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by Gbawe: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
Oga Ndu Chucks, it is a difficult one. The man is indeed old. We are all fond of him and wish him the sort of rest only the very best should experience. Nonetheless, he cannot really be in pain and discomfort while treatment is deliberately deferred. Painful Euthanasia, by deliberate lack of medical intervention, can simply never be an option in Madiba's case. I don't think anyone is "drugging" him.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by AndreUweh(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gbawe: Oga Ndu Chucks, it is a difficult one. The man is indeed old. We are all fond of him and wish him the sort of rest only the very best should experience. Nonetheless, he cannot really be in pain and discomfort while treatment is deliberately deferred. Painful Euthanasia, by deliberate lack of medical intervention, can simply never be an option in Madiba's case. I don't think anyone is "drugging" him.
It's true.

1 Like

Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by nduchucks: 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gbawe: Oga Ndu Chucks, it is a difficult one. The man is indeed old. We are all fond of him and wish him the sort of rest only the very best should experience. Nonetheless, he cannot really be in pain and discomfort while treatment is deliberately deferred. Painful Euthanasia, by deliberate lack of medical intervention, can simply never be an option in Madiba's case. I don't think anyone is "drugging" him.

Painful Euthanasia is exactly the option being employed by the so-called medical intervention. The side effects of the drugs administered to treat his lung infections could actually cause more pain and ultimately kill Mandela. His 94 year old body is no longer capable of fighting these side effects without causing pain. The pain killers which will be prescribed to him will essentially keep him dazed and doped up, to the point of not recognizing his family members and being unable to communicate with them.

They should stop all treatments and let the man at peace.
Re: Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully by kgr28(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
Katsumoto:

Do you have comprehension problems? Or do you have issues with reading? How did you arrive at the conclusion that I have issues with how SA attained independence or that I am Nigerian? Read the post again dummy.
EVEN IF YOU ARE JAPANESSE YOU STILL TALK CRAP!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

United States Senator In Serious Problems For Twerking Without Clothes / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Youth Day In South Africa.. Soweto Uprising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.