Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,014 members, 7,810,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

How To Identify And Help Suspected Cultist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Identify And Help Suspected Cultist (1935 Views)

Suspected Ritualist Batters Wife In Ibadan, Oyo Over Refusal To Comply (graphic) / My Niece's Strange Writting. Is She A Cultist? / Mother Of Quadruplets Shaves Numbers On Their Hair To Identify Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify And Help Suspected Cultist by kent05: 7:51am On Mar 29, 2013
Hey guys, I was reminiscing over what happened at LASU as regarding the death of Damoche and the reprisal attack brouhaha. I thought to myself what role does the family play aside from giving money to their wards to school. Do we pay attention to changes? Some changes might not be pronounced because they're extra careful as not to be suspected. Some folks might have joined without knowing the consequences and later regret their decision but can't confide in family members because they don't know how disappointed we'll be. Aside from wear a particular colour often, what other signs or trait can we use to identify them? So we can help them. PLS, let say NO to cultism.
Re: How To Identify And Help Suspected Cultist by greatgod2012(f): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2013
I think this will help.....
2. By the friends they keep.
By the type of books they read(sometimes).
3. By the type of musics they listen to.
4. By the type of posters pasted in their rooms.
5. By their change of attitude, in the house and towards religion.
Re: How To Identify And Help Suspected Cultist by causewahala: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
Don't wait till they come off age before acting. Essential morals and values need be inculcated in them right from infancy. Pay attention to what that little boy/girl is saying (I wanno be a doctor, teacher, lawyer etc), when they start to deviate negatively, remind them of their child hood aspiration.

Don't be unnecessarily harsh, permit them bring their friends home, by so doing you get to know who/what kind of personality they attract and associate with.

Be free and open minded to them, they should be able to approach you with any and every dilemma. Help them develop an independent mind, most of those who got coerced into cultism are peeps who follow the crowd.

Never spare the rod to correct them if need be, tough love doesn't kill as well.

If the foundations are well laid with guidance, you've nothing to worry about.

Question I'd love to ask is how many parents are worth their weight in gold? Shey na banker wey dey embezzle money go tell child not to join cult abi corrupt politicians? undecided

With all we see everyday, the cult is even being sought after as a means of survival and not just running with the crowd! lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Things You Must Do Before The Age Of 30 / How My Best Friend Betrayed Me / Hope Am Not Overdoing.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.