Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack (913 Views)

President Buhari Presents 10-Months Scorecard / Vote GEJ Or Face Sack; Fayose Warns Civil Servant / President Goodluck Jonathan Scorecard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by oloriooko(m): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2013
The performance contract signed late last year by ministers is set to claim its first casualties. Nine ministers may lose their jobs for breaching the agreement.

The records now before President Goodluck Jonathan listed nine ministries as “non-performing.” Daily Sun authoritatively gathered that the President may overhaul his cabinet in May, “and appoint a more focused one ahead of 2015”.

Presidency sources said that ministers of the nine ministries found to be “non-performing could be dropped. The names of the non-performing ministries are withheld by Daily Sun.However, Daily Sun observed that, at least, three of the affected ministries are manned by ministers believed to be very close allies of the President. Our reporter could, however, not ascertain what fate awaits the Ministers of State of “non-performing” ministries.

President Jonathan had on August 22 last year chaired the signing of Performance Contracts by the ministers. He had described the “brief, yet momentous ceremony”, as the “ first of its kind in the history of our democracy.” He had dismissed fears that the exercise was a witch-hunt, saying, “as representatives of the Nigerian people…we are accountable to them at all times.”

He stressed: “I had stated clearly during the inauguration of the Federal Executive Council that ministers are expected to be accountable, productive, transparent and focused.” In reading the riot act, the President stressed the contract-signing would enhance performance and deliver “quality and timely services to the citizenry, improving productivity and instilling a greater sense of accountability for effective service delivery.”

Daily Sun, however, gathered that of the nine ministeries noted by the President as non-performing, it is only the Defence Ministry that does not have a substantive Senior Minister
Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by takedat(m): 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
Why Should the president retain non-performing ministers in office till May, scheming and milking the nation's blood and marrow when they can easily be discarded now? Well, Nigerians are not concerned with the performance contracts of the ministers but that of the president, and he can continue to dawdle till he's ousted in 2015 for non-performance. His passivity is due to lack of political will in curtailing patronage!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by Itoroetti(m): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gej,d most innovative president nigeria has ever had.yes,our leaders and appointees must be accountable for misrule and mis representation.tank u sir Jonathan.
2015 is a none contest for u sir.
Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
I haven't heard of/from Diezani Madueke in a while.

My guess is that she's busy 'performing'
Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by OurYansh: 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
Story Story!!!!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
Pacesetter. GEJ
Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by Elueme: 2:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
Exactly how government should be run. Instead of Arewa Youth to face reality on ground, they are ledastray by their greedy northern oligarchy. Me I they watch sha
Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
I don't understand why a "non-performing" minister should be retained till May.
Re: Jonathan’s Scorecard Ready, 9 Ministers Face Sack by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
HNosegbe: I don't understand why a "non-performing" minister should be retained till May.
those non-performers are going nowhere. Let's just watch.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heart Surgery In Nigeria To Cost N500, 000- Maku / I Love GEJ - Buhari / Jonathan, Ngige, Obi, Others Eulogise Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.