Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court (5546 Views)

Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship / Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe / I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Morgan1092(m): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2013
Sir Jude Agbaso, who was removed as deputy governor of Imo State through impeachment by the state House of Assembly onThursday, has vowed to explore all legal avenues to contest what he described as, ‘unlawful’ and induced impeachment by the state House of Assembly. Agbaso, noted that Governor Rochas Okorocha had set out from the beginning to ensure that he was removed from the office of the deputy governor, adding that nothing could have made the House, which he said was induced by the Executive to exonerate him, even though his innocence was established.
Speaking on behalf of the impeached deputy governor, whowas said to have gone into hidingto evade possible arrest, his media consultant, Barrister Emperor Iwuala, said that Agbaso had already filed notice of appeal to challenge the controversial ruling of an Owerri High Court, which dismissed one of the suits filed to stop his impeachment. The suit, which was dismissed forlack of jurisdiction, sought to enforce the fundamental rights ofthe deputy governor and to restrain the House from continuing with the impeachmentproceedings. Meanwhile, the Special Adviser on Media to Governor Rochas Okorocha, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa, said that further investigations and possible prosecution of the former deputy governor are now the responsibilities of the relevant anti graft agencies. According to him, “the government has done its job.
We cannot do the job of the security and anti graft agencies. They know what to do since case of misappropriation of funds has been established against the impeached deputy governor”. But,the chieftain of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) and elder brother to the impeached deputy governor, Chief Martins Agbaso, said yesterday, that his brother can never go in into hiding as rumoured, but that it is the officials of the state government and those in whose accounts the controversial N458M were traced to should be the ones to go into hiding. Chief Agbaso pointed out that his younger brother was actually the one that invited the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) into the matter and so cannot be the one that should be hiding. He maintained that the judgment and impeachment would be contestedin the law courts as they have filed notice of appeal against the High court ruling.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/agbaso-contests-impeachment-at-appeal-court/
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by halogen02: 8:49am On Mar 30, 2013
Make we sidon look! First to comment!!!
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2013
dream cmng true....2nd to comment
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by oddy4real(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2013
Rofo rofo fight
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Pizzanatty(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2013
Ds is good 4 democracy...i hp he wins if his hand are truely clean and if its nt a set up 2 throe him out by d gov who has already nominated a new deputy 2 succeed him...
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by flexshop(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2013
Watchin the drama unfold
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Smilingbob(m): 8:57am On Mar 30, 2013
POLITICS POWER PLAY!!!!
WHO Z FOOLING. WHO
GOD HELP US!!!
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by slimming: 8:57am On Mar 30, 2013
Imonites be on guard
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Smilingbob(m): 8:57am On Mar 30, 2013
POLITICS POWER PLAY!!!!
WHO Z FOOLING. WHO
GOD HELP US!!!
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Cruxxy(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2013
Do or die politics
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by rareman(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2013
Nigerian politics defiles all possible healing,
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by pat4love: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2013
Polities in high placies. It's the family afair
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by akatonero(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2013
This one na note grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Goddex: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2013
Rochas is a clown. Imagine how Agbaso's replacement was announced almost immediately.
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2013
slimming: Imonites be on guard
bros, which one co,e be imonites again na? Abeg na imolites. Learn how to pronounce dat name, is very precious.

1 Like

Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by thehomer: 9:19am On Mar 30, 2013
Is he going to be prosecuted?

1 Like

Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by decode55(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2013
What number am I?
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by dridowu: 9:27am On Mar 30, 2013
D guy dy fork up, d guy shd pitched tent wit GEJ and he wil b pardon, b4 he no whatz hapnin , he go dy senate
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by gen2briz(m): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2013
This post has been hiding by poster
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2013
Imo Indigenes should pack their bags and prepare to head for refugee camp in either Aba or Onitsha because vry soon they running like cat and dogs in this upcoming war.
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by decode55(m): 10:09am On Mar 30, 2013
Osc: Imo Indigenes should pack their bags and prepare to head for refugee camp in either Aba or Onitsha because vry soon they running like cat and dogs in this upcoming war.
Keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by rhymz(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2013
Jude Agbaso am sorry to say is not a smart politician, he got carried away, got caught up in the process and is now trying to play victim.
If he had any political savvy, he would know that Rochas at some point would want him out of that office since he, Jude Agbaso is there as a lapdog for his Elder brother Martins Agbaso watching over Rochas Okorocha just to make sure he, Rochas does not renege on their alleged agreement.
Rochas made him commissioner for works, a ministerial position that is responsible for almost half of the expenditure of the government, i.e there is a lot of money dealings, if he had any sense, he would know that being above board in every process is paramount. He was given free-hand to do as he deemed fit without any fetters yet he could not sense that he was being set up for political self-destruction.
Rochas made a move to align with another emerging political party, what did the deputy government have to say about his position: "I was elected on the platform of APGA, I am still in the party blablabla, time will tell who is who blablabla. . ." openly without minding that his Boss was listening and watching him run his tactless mouth. What happened to no comment and using evasive retorts, mumu prolly was intoxicated by his Elder brother's larger than life influence. His political naivity is so glaring and annoying.
He was granted interview to tell his own side of the story why he was being persecuted by the state house of Assembly, in that interview, he denied countless times that he had never, I mean "never ever" met or had any encounter with the J pross guy, he made suggestive statement that his Boss was the one behind his travail and the boss introduced the contractor to the ministry, as far as the truth is concerned, these are distractive details that does nothing to present the facts of your so-called travails.

That he is being politically chastised by detractors- prolly is boss- is a strong possibility of course, that, as far as I am concerned is not the issue here. The issue here is this, has he been found complacent in the whole Saga, YES! Devil wan kill you, we all know but why did you make it so easy and glaring for him to kill you? Why have you foolishly given him a very good reason to kill you?
Here is an excerpt of the committee investigation hearing with the two culprits:
Committee: Mr. Joseph Dina, do you know the person sitting opposite you?
Joseph Dina: Yes I know. He is the Deputy Governor. He is commissioner of works
Committee: What is his name?
Joseph Dina: Sir, Jude Agbaso
Committee: your Excellency, do you know the man sitting opposite you?
Deputy Governor: Yes I know him. He is JPROS
Committee: He said you gave him account numbers via your telephone number 0803xxxx421 directing him to pay a total sum of N458,000,000.00 (four hundred and fifty eight million naira) to those accounts? And that he actually paid in February, 2012 on the receipt of the N1.035,000,000.00 (one billion, thirty five million naira) only the sum of N325,000,000.00 (three and twenty five million naira) in favour of Three Brothers concept Ltd account no, 0045630151 with GT Bank Plc Lagos. Sort code 058266511 drawn on cheque no 30794812 of Diamond bank, account no, 0015810435 belonging to JPROS INT. NIG. LTD and another N133.000.000.00 (one hundred and thirty three million) paid in June to IHSAN BDC LTD account No, 10,5334698. Sort code 033153351 UBA PLC 27 wharf road Apapa Lagos drawn via Diamond Bank Plc cheque no; 42613519 account no 0015810435 belonging to JPROS INT NIG. LTD. Do you have any thing to say?
Deputy Governor: I say before this committee that I did not text JPROS to transfer any money to any A/C and this is the truth. JPROS is telling lies against me. Never did I at any point in time requested JPROS either oral or written to do do. He went on to say,…. “the God that guides Imo State the land of Owerri will punish you and those using you”. The creator of human being knows that you are not saying the truth”.
Committee: Mr. Joseph Dina can you tell the committee the phone number of the Deputy Governor which he used in sending to you the account numbers Mr. Joseph Dina: Yes I have the number in my phone. (He searches his phone). The number is 0803xxxx421.
Committee: Your Excellency is this your number?
Deputy Governor: Yes it is my number Committee: Mr. Joseph are these documents the same documents you gave the committee? (Bank documents including his bank statements shown to Mr. Joseph Dina)
Joseph Dina: Yes, Sir, they are.
Committee: Your Excellency Sir, you can you please go through these documents. Deputy Governor: (after glancing through the documents) well I have no need for these documents. They are his and have nothing to do with me.
Committee: Did His Excellency confirm these monies you said you paid into those accounts you said he tested to you?
Mr. Joseph Dina: Yes , he confirmed them. Committee: How?
Mr. Joseph: During phone conversations Committee: Have you been to His Excellency’s house before?
Mr. Joseph: Yes, I have been to his MCC road private House
Deputy Governor: (Interjects) No He has not been to my house
Committee: Mr. Joseph can you describe the type of House where you met him at his MCC road House?
Joseph Dina: Is bungalow. He told me is a factory for garments before.
Deputy Governor: Noo o! Not true
Mr. Joseph: You don’t remember? You told your security to wait for me outside and give me direction because I did not know the place before.
Deputy Governor: Okaaay.. Yes I now recollect
Committee: Your Excellency Sir, are you now retracting your earlier statement that Mr. Joseph Dina have never been to your House at MCC Road?
Deputy Governor: I said I recollect now. So I withdraw my earlier statement. Committee: Mr. Joseph What side of the house did you sit with His Excellency, the parlour, the bedroom?
Mr. Joseph: His parlour Committee: can you tell us the sitting arrangement
Joseph Dina: I can’t remember is long time. Committee: What happened when you got to His Excellency’s House at MCC road did he offer you anything?
Mr. Joseph Dina: No, he did not offer me anything, rather I gave him a bottle of Blue Label (Porsche design) from
Mr. Joseph Dina?
Deputy Governor: Yes, I can remember receiving a bottle of Blue Label (Porsche design). You know he came back from abroad and brought me a drink. Committee: when did this happen, Your Excellency?
Deputy Governor: it was in February 2012. Committee: that was the same February that the said one billion one hundred and fifty million naira were wired into JPROS International Nig. Ltd account?
Deputy Governor: Y e e e s s!!
Committee: Your Excellency Sir, are you saying in the natural course of events a contractor who was awarded a contract and was suddenly paid without application by him by the state will come back from abroad and did not show ordinary courtesy of informing you. The commissioner that gave him the job in our Nigerian planet, that he has been paid and say thank you?
Deputy Governor: He never told me he had been paid
Joseph Dina: (Interjects) I told you. You said you give me text message
Deputy Governor: You are evil. You are evil. Is this the kind of creature you are? Committee: Your Excellency Sir, if you are right this contractor must be the worst specie of ingrates
Committee: Mr. Joseph Dina do you have any other thing to tell this committee? Joseph Dina: Yes, I equally met him once at his elder brother’s country home in his village. He was in company of the manager of Diamond bank plc Douglas Road branch Owerri – a woman.
Deputy Governor: This man is something else. You have never met me in my village. Joseph Dina: You don’t remember. We walked outside towards the golf course area. Oh Your Excellency you don’t remember. You know Engr. Tim?
Deputy Governor: Yes I know Engr. Tim. Is my Chief of staff.
Joseph Dina: you remember you sent him to me to negotiate 10% for the job at the beginning of the job.
Deputy Governor: Is not true
Joseph Dina: You don’t remember? In your office. You showed me big files Ohakim files. You tell me help bring expert go through Ohakim files. You give jobs when I tell you that I gave Ohakim money he did not give contract. You said now is my turn to punish him back. I bring expert to help you look Ohakim files and you give me jobs and I give you 10% you remember? Deputy Governor: Well I have told you this man is evil. He is from Hell.
Joseph Dina: Ok, you say I lie tell MTN give you call log. No no give you date data to show text message. I apply my own we compare.

3 Likes

Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by AkinDavid2: 10:47am On Mar 30, 2013
But he(Agbaso)went for the bait and it was glaring... cheesy
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by jmichael(m): 11:16am On Mar 30, 2013
Hw childish! Wat nonsense! Is jude a kid? Hw cld he b so carried away? He shld b beggin rochas nw to help shield him from efcc cos if dis interview is anytin to go by, den d young man shld b boardin d nxt flight out of d country nw. Bt again, dis is almost same 'string' operation dat transpired btwn farouk and otedola bt til nw, d case hasn't been concluded. I say its a shame on nigeria's fight agaist corruption coz sumtin sumwhere tells me dat mr jude, who shld b on d run ryt nw wil stil b strollin ad owerri town wit d 'notin fit do me' attitude. I rest ma case.
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Kamxin(m): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2013
Akin-David:
But he(Agbaso)went for the bait and it was glaring... cheesy
Ie based on facts or stories presented by apparently government sponsored Rhymz above. Okocha! A war oriented governor; at war with p. Obi, Sen. Anyanwu, all LG chairmen, chief judge Njemanze APGA, T. Orji...now Agbaso Soon Imo Assembly. If guilty EFCC would have arrested him b4 impeachment. Lets allow the court to weigh, if it is a set up, Game over for Okocha
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by thaoriginator: 11:54am On Mar 30, 2013
Abeg where I fit pass go romance section?
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by Delafruita(m): 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goddex: Rochas is a clown. Imagine how Agbaso's replacement was announced almost immediately.
the house of assembly did its duties as required by the constituition and then you expected okorocha to wait and brood over the impeachment of his deputy?are you alright?
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by rhymz(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
jmichael: Hw childish! Wat nonsense! Is jude a kid? Hw cld he b so carried away? He shld b beggin rochas nw to help shield him from efcc cos if dis interview is anytin to go by, den d young man shld b boardin d nxt flight out of d country nw. Bt again, dis is almost same 'string' operation dat transpired btwn farouk and otedola bt til nw, d case hasn't been concluded. I say its a shame on nigeria's fight agaist corruption coz sumtin sumwhere tells me dat mr jude, who shld b on d run ryt nw wil stil b strollin ad owerri town wit d 'notin fit do me' attitude. I rest ma case.
You know, it is funny when I hear many people from his Owerri constituency making that narrow-minded argument of his innocence and being a victim, like realy? Was he innocent or just a loser in the shameful game of corrupt politics.
Like seriously, who in Rochas's shoes would honour such a preposterous agreement with a dumb younger brother lapdog to keep me in check. Abeg jare! It is common sense, and Rochas responded to natural instincts and political survival, Jude on the other hand is political JCC. Besides, I think that even the elder brother, Martin Agbaso himself is not much of a Politician of influence like some people erroneously believe. Was he not thesame Martin that clearly was winning an election only for PDP and Ohakim to cancel it using INEC then conducted another one that saw Ohakim as the winner. Wetin Mr almighty Martin Agbaso do? Which police him call? His younger brother was impeached by 25 members of the Imo state house of Assembly out of the 27 members of the house. These 25 people that impeached him included state lagislature from his own Owerri constituency, wetin happen to his larger than life influence. Abeg jor make we hear word jare! He was realy dumb to think that Rochas will handover Douglas house to him immediately after his first tenure to the point of forcing his politically naive brother, who made it so clear that he was a watch dog. Scheeew! They will be lucky if Rochas decides to just le them be, if them just make noise pass as e be now, Jude will just uneccessarily earn himself a jail term.
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by rhymz(m): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Kamxin: Ie based on facts or stories presented by apparently government sponsored Rhymz above. Okocha! A war oriented governor; at war with p. Obi, Sen. Anyanwu, all LG chairmen, chief judge Njemanze APGA, T. Orji...now Agbaso Soon Imo Assembly. If guilty EFCC would have arrested him b4 impeachment. Lets allow the court to weigh, if it is a set up, Game over for Okocha
Guy, shove your dirty childish talk down your ignorant ass, I have no time for sentimental arguments with a lil chap that is prolly not in Owerri or have ever been in the civil service of any government before.
What I posted was an excerpt from the IMSH committee report, it is common place if you care about facts and not stewpid sentiments, google is friend, so "sharap" and let adults comment.
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by badesco(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
A case of a brother stabbing his blood brother at the back. Igbos....na wah for una oooo
Re: Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court by rhymz(m): 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
badesco: A case of a brother stabbing his blood brother at the back. Igbos....na wah for una oooo
God go punish you and whoever sent you here to turn this thread into a tribal nonsense. Dont you get tired of such nonsense, you ignorant lame. As if every politician in your region is a saint. Where are these mods when you need them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: IBB Shows Respect To Buhari As Shagari Watches on on inaugration day / Worst States To Live In Nigeria, In 2017 / Kaduna Muslim-Muslim Apc Gubernatorial Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.