Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

THE 99 CLUB - Author Unknown - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE 99 CLUB - Author Unknown (888 Views)

THE 99 CLUB (conclusion) - Author Unknown / The 99 Club (2) - Author Unknown / The 99 Names Of Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE 99 CLUB - Author Unknown by SonofIssachar: 8:52am On Mar 30, 2013
Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. - 1 Timothy 6:6-7

Some time ago, there lived a King. This King should have been contented with his life, given all the riches and luxuries he had. However, this was not the case! The King always found himself wondering why he just never seemed content with his life.

Sure, he had the attention of everyone wherever he went, attended fancy dinners and parties, but somehow, he still felt something was lacking and he couldn't put his finger on it.

One day, the King had woken up earlier than usual to stroll around his palace. He entered his huge living room and came to a stop when he heard someone happily singing some distance away. Following the direction where the song wafted from, he saw that it was one of his servants who was singing. The man had such a very contented look on his face.

This fascinated the King and he summoned this man to his chambers. When the man entered the chambers, the king asked him why he was so happy.

To this the man replied: "Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but I make enough of a living to keep my wife and children happy. We don't need too much, a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies. My wife and children are my inspiration; they are content with whatever little I bring home. I am happy because my family is happy."

Hearing this, the King dismissed the servant and summoned his Personal Assistant to his chambers.

The King related his personal anguish to him and then told him the story of the servant, hoping that somehow, he would be able to come up with some reasoning that would explain why he, a King who could have anything he wished for at a snap of his fingers, was not contented, whereas his servant, who had so little, was extremely contented with life.

To continue…

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

Please share this with your loved ones. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: THE 99 CLUB - Author Unknown by PastorOluT(m): 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote
author=Son-of-Issachar]Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry
nothing out.
- 1 Timothy 6:6-7

Some time ago, there lived a King. This King should have been contented
with his life, given all the riches and luxuries he had. However, this
was not the case! The King always found himself wondering why he just
never seemed content with his life.

Sure, he had the attention of everyone wherever he went, attended fancy
dinners and parties, but somehow, he still felt something was lacking
and he couldn't put his finger on it.

One day, the King had woken up earlier than usual to stroll around his
palace. He entered his huge living room and came to a stop when he heard
someone happily singing some distance away. Following the direction
where the song wafted from, he saw that it was one of his servants who
was singing. The man had such a very contented look on his face.

This fascinated the King and he summoned this man to his chambers. When
the man entered the chambers, the king asked him why he was so happy.

To this the man replied: "Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but I
make enough of a living to keep my wife and children happy. We don't
need too much, a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies.
My wife and children are my inspiration; they are content with whatever
little I bring home. I am happy because my family is happy."

Hearing this, the King dismissed the servant and summoned his Personal
Assistant to his chambers.

The King related his personal anguish to him and then told him the story
of the servant, hoping that somehow, he would be able to come up with
some reasoning that would explain why he, a King who could have anything
he wished for at a snap of his fingers, was not contented, whereas his
servant, who had so little, was extremely contented with life.

To continue…

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by
email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

Please share this with your loved ones. God bless you.
[/quote]

God bless u

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Failed To See Death In His Church / Pastor Refuses To Perform Weddingceremony Because Of The Bride’s ‘sexydress / Evangelist Roberts Liardon Leads London Bible College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.