Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Gory Crime-scene Photographs Demean The Victims. Words Are Enough. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gory Crime-scene Photographs Demean The Victims. Words Are Enough. (2483 Views)

Pics: Ikirun Armed Robbery Scene (18+) / Yewande Fatoki The Husband Killer (her Pictures At The Scene Of Crime). / Thai People Eating A Man : Gory Pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gory Crime-scene Photographs Demean The Victims. Words Are Enough. by Jakumo(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2013
I would like to lodge this public appeal to the moderators of this forum, on behalf of all victims of violent crime, and their grieving families. Yesterday, a particularly horrifying photograph of a dead female crime victim was posted in the Nairaland politics forum. Without going into detail, that picture was the stuff of nightmares, but worst of all, the facial identify of the deceased victim was clearly shown in the photograph.

One can only imagine the sort of trauma that would be visited on any relative of that murder victim, if it just so happened that the first real confirmation of their previously missing loved one’s fate came by way of this dreadful photograph. With this in mind, I appeal to Nairaland’s owner, Oga Seun, and of course to his designated forum moderators, to please screen all crime scene photographs that are sent in by forum contributors, with a view to deleting those images which are just too graphic for a heavily visited, family-oriented website like this one.

The intended educational value of crime-scene photographs is negated entirely by the mental anguish that would be inflicted on any friend or relative of the photographed victim who is exposed to such grotesque images of someone that was most likely alive and well when last seen.

Those of us who love the LIVING female form, and absent-mindedly posted photographs of young busty women lounging about with their tops off in the Nairaland sexuality forum, were rewarded with bans for publishing obscenity, yet, sadly, full-frontal anatomical exposure IS apparently permitted in the politics forum of the same website, when it is displayed in the context of horrific and violent crimes against a woman, and against womanhood.

Oga Seun, while I fully appreciate that the Nairaland Forum is a private enterprise which is not subject to administrative policy suggestions from those not invited to do so, such as myself, I however appeal for consideration of the alarm I have raised today, and I further implore that the degrading crime scene photograph of that homicide victim be removed as soon as possible.

With respect and humility, I thank you for considering my appeal on this 30th day of March, 2013.

1 Like

Re: Gory Crime-scene Photographs Demean The Victims. Words Are Enough. by ZUBY77(m): 10:01am On Mar 30, 2013
I thiink part of your job/obligation as a free member of the forum is to report the image to the moderators rather than complain. No moderator, not even Seun lives online. There is no food, bed, sleep or rest online.
Re: Gory Crime-scene Photographs Demean The Victims. Words Are Enough. by Jakumo(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2013
ZUBY77: I thiink part of your job/obligation as a free member of the forum is to report the image to the moderators rather than complain. No moderator, not even Seun lives online. There is no food, bed, sleep or rest online.

Thank you for your reply, Zuby77. My comments above relate to one particular image already known to the mods, who transferred that topic to another location, after it was first posted here in the politics section, but, such crime-scene pictures have surfaced in the forum quite a few times in the past as well, so the general theme of my appeal was for some judicious image deletions to be considered, so as not to further traumatize relatives of violent crime victims.
Re: Gory Crime-scene Photographs Demean The Victims. Words Are Enough. by Ishilove: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
I didn't view the pictures. "My eyes shall not behold iniquity." But I heard the picture is horrible. sad
Re: Gory Crime-scene Photographs Demean The Victims. Words Are Enough. by free2ryhme: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ishilove: I didn't view the pictures. "My eyes shall not behold iniquity." But I heard the picture is horrible. sad

undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Nigerian Lady Who Assaulted Little Maid Arrested / Awka (nnamdi Azikiwe University ) Under Siege Right Now / Nine Exotic Cars Recovered From 31 'yahoo Boys' In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.